The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien's Gigs (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Bellx1 Olympia (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5879)

milky 09-30-2004 10:14 AM

Bell X1Final Live Show of the Year

Having just completed a full Irish tour to round off the resounding success of their current Music In Mouth album, Bell X1 have announced a final hometown live show before they secrete themselves in the studio and knuckle down to recording their next album.

Bell X1 play Olympia Theatre, Dublin on Thursday 16 December 2004

Bell X1 released a new single, "Eve, The Apple of My Eye" on 11th June 2004, which entered the chart at number 18. The band have been touring solidly since the release of their second album, Music In Mouth, on Island Records in July 2003. They have played right around Europe and the U.S. on their own headline dates (as well as playing special guest to everyone from Snow Patrol and Damien Rice to Keane) combining these with festival appearances.

Tickets on sale Friday October 1st from the Olympia Theatre Box Office and Ticketmaster outlets nation-wide. Price: euro 25.00 including booking fee. Tel 0818 719 300

The Weatherman 09-30-2004 10:35 AM

I'm going. Who's coming with me? [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

My gig plans:

First, i get to see Ash in Time in Naas.
Then, i get to see TURN/Mundy/Devlins in UCD.
Then, i get to see Bellx1 in the Olympia.
Then i get to see Snowpatrol in the RDS.

milky 09-30-2004 10:41 AM

My GIG PLANS

tonight the frames vicar street.saturday bellx1 vicar street.oct 13th declan o rourke whelans.november the killers olmypia.13 november mark geary the village.then i have to decide between bellx1 and josh ritter.im sure there will be more gigs annpunced that i will want to attend!!

Michelle Joey 09-30-2004 12:22 PM

Ooh darn it...I wouldn't have bought tickets for this weekend if I'd known that [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]

Banjaxed 09-30-2004 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milky

My GIG PLANS

tonight the frames vicar street.saturday bellx1 vicar street.oct 13th declan o rourke whelans.november the killers olmypia.13 november mark geary the village.then i have to decide between bellx1 and josh ritter.im sure there will be more gigs annpunced that i will want to attend!!

declan o rourke at whelens... cant wait for that.. and his new album.

looly 09-30-2004 01:35 PM

ooh, Declan O'Rourke is supporting Mundy in Whelans on friday night! Should be good stuff! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

milky 09-30-2004 02:01 PM

yeah saw him at hard working class hereos he was brill!cant wait for the new album

Loveless 09-30-2004 10:38 PM

the new Declan O'Rourke album "Since Kyabram" is due out on October 15.

BACKGROUND:

Over the last five years Declan O’Rourke, a native of Dublin, has made a place for himself among the elite of the country's singer songwriter talent. In his first year of solo performing he played his songs to audiences a staggering 140 times in Dublin alone. Since then Declan has also opened live shows for such luminaries as Paul Brady, Planxty, Eddi Reader, Tommy Emmanuel, Kila, Thin Lizzy (on their recent reunion tour) and music’s more recent success stories of Paddy Casey, Damien Rice, Glen Hansard and Gemma Hayes.
His songwriting is of the finest standard. He crafts songs with fine melodies and strong choruses that are structured around engaging tales of romance and adventure. His voice has been described as rich and resonant and his intricate guitar style puts him among the finest players in the country. Such is the level of Declan’s guitar playing that over the past 2 years he worked with Paddy Casey and featured on almost all of the tracks on his multi-platinum selling album “Living”. The Oxegen Festival was the last show Declan played with Paddy before departing to concentrate on recording and producing his own debut album at Sharon Shannon’s home in Galway.
Musicians on the album include Paul Moore on bass & double bass, Aiden Dunphy on drums & percussion, Jack Maher on guest guitars & backing vocals, Christine Hanson and Caroline Dale on cello and the legendary Steve Wickham on fiddle. Sharon Shannon also plays accordion on “’Til Death Do Us Part”. The album was recorded in Galway, Westland Studio’s and Pulse Studio’s Dublin. Produced by Declan O’Rourke and Engineered by Tim Martin.

QUOTES:

“Declan O' Rourke happens to be one of the finest songwriters on the planet. His songs have filled my heart and my home these last few months". Eddi Reader
“A rich, soulful, musical voice and a brilliant instrumental ability are just the start of it. As a songwriter he has already shown he can mix it with the best.” Paul Brady

TRACKLISTING:

No Place to Hide / Birds of a Feather / Galileo / Your World / No Brakes / Go to Sea / 1 Way Minds / Love is the Way / Sarah / Everything is different / Marrying the Sea (‘til Death Do Us Part)Edited by: Loveless

Donsie B! 10-03-2004 11:04 AM

..bellx1 r josh ritter?! this is evil!!

#Ian# 10-04-2004 05:51 PM

Coming up I've got...

Tychonaut on saturday (not sure if I'm ogin, just got asked by a friend if I wanted to go)

Hope of the states - TBMC

Sufjan Stevens - Douglas Hyde Gallary

Bell X1 - Olympia

Might go to one of the Declan O'Rourke things

Patricia 10-04-2004 06:04 PM

My gig plans:

Nothing - nowhere - never

Yay! [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Gazel 10-04-2004 07:34 PM

Theres loadsa gigs in cardiff next couple of months Trish[img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]

Donsie B! 10-06-2004 07:50 PM

go 4 it!