The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien's Gigs (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Emmett Tinley, 12 June - Paradiso (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3972)

marloes 05-27-2004 12:13 PM

Jeff rules, you're ave is scary!
but now I can actually hear him singing that song when I watch your ave, so that's cool [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

sezmo 05-27-2004 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damien addict
yeah I noticed it, but Deventer is a bit out of the way for me too [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] It's nice that it's free, but I can see him in Amsterdam just 10 days later for not that much money either, so.. no I'm not going. I still have to buy my ticket though for paradiso, can't seem to get around to doing it, but it has never before been completely sold out so I should be fine.

Same with me. Too far away. And already seeing him on the 12th so that's cool. [img]smileys/smiley16.gif[/img]

I know what you mean about not getting around to buying tickets. I never seem to find time to go to the main post office. That's why I just ordered these tickets online and had them posted to me. Much handier. [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img] Probably won't be sold out though like you say. But then it is only in the Kleine Zaal...

Angela 05-27-2004 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sezmo
Just found out that Emmet Tinley's playing a free Cafe Concert in Deventer on Wednesday, 2 June.

Time: 21.30
Details: http://80.89.232.168/site/agendadetail.m?id=6484

Oh, thanks! I'll pass that around. I know quite a few of his fans in Holland.

Mojo_Pin1980 05-28-2004 09:32 AM

I think I'll go on June 2nd as well...

marloes 05-28-2004 09:55 AM

Yeah, I bought my ticket. It's quite annoying though when you're getting your ticket and the person at the postoffice doesn't have a clue who Emmett Tinley is and despite spelling his name 4 or 5 times she kept getting it wrong and saying that there was no such concert. [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img] AAAAAhhhhrgg. stupid people. It's even worse when you're ordering your ticket at Fame for instance (biggest record store in Holland)where people should be familiar with all types of music and not just what's in the top 4o. I remember trying to get a ticket for badly drawn boy there once, It took me like 10 minutes before I finally had my ticket and then they still charge you those ridiculous service fees PER ticket. Bastards [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]
sorry for this rant, it just annoys me so much!

Mojo_Pin1980 05-28-2004 09:57 AM

There, there..[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

I've had similar experiences buying tix for Emmett, Josh, Bright Eyes, Damo, The Veils.. well, pretty much every gig I go to actually[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

sezmo 05-28-2004 10:04 AM

Aw, poor you! [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]There are an awful lot of stupid people out there though aren't there! [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]I always have the same too. But recently I've become really lazy (and practical!) and just order tickets online. Only costs like 50 cents more for postage and they just send them by post.

I had a similar thing trying to get football tickets the other week (to the Holland-Ireland match). First they say yeah they're freely available now, and then all of a sudden they read the rules again and say "oops, you can only get them with an Ajax club card." Grrr! No worries though, we've got them now... just had wait and order them a copule of weeks later.

Mojo_Pin1980 05-28-2004 10:55 AM

I kinda like when the people at the post office don't know what I'm talking about... makes me feel cool![img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Guess I'm not gonna see Emmett on the 2nd after all... my "date" couldn't make it..[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

marloes 06-02-2004 02:40 PM

So is anybody going to Deventer tonight?

sezmo 06-02-2004 02:45 PM

Not me. Too far away. Are you?

marloes 06-02-2004 02:51 PM

no, for the same reason. I'm curious though, so I thought maybe Mojo persuaded his date to come along after all... well maybe Angela can tell us later since she knows many dutch emmett fans apparently. maybe one of her friends will go tonight, then they can report back to Angela and Angela then can report back to us [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img] or maybe I should just be patient and wait till the 12th, but patience has never been one of my strong points [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Angela 06-02-2004 03:03 PM

I know a few, but none of them lives near Deventer, I guess. They all said it's too far away, but they'll all be there on the 12th.

I had someone get me a spare poster from the Pradiso gig yesterday[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

sezmo 06-02-2004 03:09 PM

Yeah if it was closer by I'd definitely go. Or if it wasn't a weeknight. Or if I didn't have so much work to do tomorrow.

Really looking forward to the 12th though. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Mojo_Pin1980 06-03-2004 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damien addict
so I thought maybe Mojo persuaded his date to come along after all...

No, apparently her boyfriend feels threatened by me (she's my ex)[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

cille 06-03-2004 11:06 AM

arh, the new bf... how i wish jealousy didnt exist!

(ok, that was an incredibly goofy remark, but i just wish there was no barriers to friendships)

marloes 06-03-2004 11:16 AM

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] Cille, the eternal idealist [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Mojo_Pin1980 06-04-2004 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercille
arh, the new bf... how i wish jealousy didnt exist!

(ok, that was an incredibly goofy remark, but i just wish there was no barriers to friendships)

Well, you can't blame him for being distrustful considering the stunts he pulled himselfhttp://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/smileys/smiley5.gif[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]

sezmo 06-04-2004 10:58 AM

Stuntman was he? Performing stunts while you and your missus were still together?

Mojo_Pin1980 06-04-2004 11:06 AM

Something like that yeah..

Oh and uhm.. asking her to marry him..

..in a bar..

..when she was drunk..

..and I was there..

[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

sezmo 06-04-2004 11:09 AM

Awfully lame stunt to pull on someone else's woman! [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]

And not very romantic either!

Did you give him a [img]smileys/smiley18.gif[/img]?

Mojo_Pin1980 06-04-2004 11:11 AM

If I'd see or heard him do it I would've ripped his head off, but she didn't tell me until we got home. We left rightaway though...

Oh and he also threatened to end his life if she didn't come back to him...

Nice, huh?[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

sezmo 06-04-2004 11:15 AM

What a looney loser!http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/smileys/smiley11.gif

Mind you one of my boyfriend's mates proposed to me right in front of him and everybody else at our table at a wedding reception. Got down on one knee and everything.

cille 06-04-2004 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo_Pin1980
Oh and he also threatened to end his life if she didn't come back to him...

Nice, huh?[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

arrgh, that's the most unfair threat you can give someone [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]and pretty sure to drive her away eventually...

a wise man once said: if you love somebody, set them free... (well, wise& wise, it's quite banal, but... it's fecking true, though, is what i've finally learned. recently i lost a boyfriend, but got the best friend i could ever ask for (and it's the same person too) because neither of us desperatly try to get back together again. we love each other, only not in that way)gosh, why did i start writing this...??? i guess i need to talk about these things today, for some odd reason.

sezmo 06-04-2004 11:57 AM

Yeah, sounds like a bit of a bunny boiler to me. Not exactly a good basis for a healthy relationship.

But Cille, that's really cool that you and your ex are such good friends. That happened with an ex of mine as well, although not from one day to the next. First we didn't speak to each other for months, but then we sort of got to know each other on a different level - as friends - and he's still one of my best mates now. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Mojo_Pin1980 06-04-2004 12:10 PM

That's what I wanna do with this girl. I don't want her out of my life so after a few months of "mourning" we got back in touch and now I wanna try and be friends. But that idiot b/f or hers won't let her[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

It's weird.. she dumped me.. I'm over her now and she's not over me yet[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]Good for the ole ego![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Patricia 06-04-2004 12:14 PM

Your ego is oversized dear! [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Mojo_Pin1980 06-04-2004 12:15 PM

Shurup Trish![img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

You know it's not[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Patricia 06-04-2004 12:16 PM

It soooooooooo is! [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Patricia 06-04-2004 12:20 PM

Ok I apologize, it's not. [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

Mojo_Pin1980 06-04-2004 12:23 PM

Hahaha, I know you luuuuurve me![img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]