The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lisa Hannigan (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Happy Birthday Lisa!! (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15495)

RonjaGirl 02-12-2008 06:45 PM

Happy Birthday Lisa!!

Happy Birthday Lisa!! :icon_flow
27!!!! :hello2:
May the new year bring loads of new and exciting gigs, records (let's hope so...at least on ;) ) and other great things...!!! :wave:

Rai 02-12-2008 08:15 PM

Happy Birthday our favourite Lisa out of all other Lisas around the world. Yes, even Lisa Simpson. May you be able to cope with the tons of praise and awards the album will bring! :D

verenita 02-12-2008 09:35 PM

happy birthday to you, lovely girl!

Closing_Doors 02-12-2008 09:52 PM

Happy birthday Lisa.

glo32 02-12-2008 10:11 PM

happy birthday Lisa! :hello2:

mariaoran 02-12-2008 11:26 PM

Happy birthday Looovely Lisa!!!!!!!! the best of wishes on all the awesomely great things to come!! :):):)

srahman24 02-12-2008 11:38 PM

Happy Birthday Lisa! It looks like it'll be an exciting year for you (and us, your lovely fans ;))... I wish you the best of luck!! :hello2:

dboyd 02-13-2008 12:03 AM

Happy Birthday Lisa!! Can't wait to hear the new album!!!! Keep it up! Best of luck!

ElephantMan 02-13-2008 03:58 AM

Lisa

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonjaGirl
Happy Birthday Lisa!! :icon_flow
27!!!! :hello2:
May the new year bring loads of new and exciting gigs, records (let's hope so...at least on ;) ) and other great things...!!! :wave:

When I hear reviews and critics and all slander Damien and say he's just 'another Ryan Adams" (though I like R Adams) etc w/out Lisa and other disparaging comments about Him, it annoys me. He wrote, and more importantly, created this Music with a cello and a female voice that added a new and distict dimension to his music (and most indie music). Lisa is just another Beutifull looking girl with a great voice and all, yet expendable. And he put her on the Irish music map, though perhaps she'd be their anyway. But their are plenty of Lisa's in this world. Though because Lisa was the first and only, if he ever replaced her, which he won't, the replacement would be considered shiitie. But if that person were first and Lisa came along, she would be considered....- That's just how things are. Also- Listen to Volcano from Bell X and Damiens version-or- 9crimes acoustic, then adding a female companion -Lisa-with a Piano . It's not Lisa. It's Damiens creativity to bring Lisa and VVyvienne to his music he created. Oh, and I liked him better WITH Lisa, just bothered listening to people talk smack about DR w/out Lisa. Not anyone on this board, but critics and all. Does anyone feel the same, or am I just pressing these keys in vain? Does anyone know why Damien isn't on Lisa's Myspace page? Are they still friends of any kind?

Valentino 02-13-2008 05:36 AM

I had no idea it was your birthday...and if you're reading this then maybe there's still a chance you frequent our lovely little igloo. Happy Birthday love, and if you need any male back up vocals on the album then feel free to pm me. :smiley2:

Have fun with the turkey, charades, or whatever it is you Irish girls do on such special occasions and remember that we'd love to see you again in California! Peace.

borneoman 02-13-2008 06:46 AM

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:icon_flow :icon_flow :icon_flow :love10: :love10: :love10: :smiley10: :smiley10: :smiley10: :angel12: :angel12: :angel12: :love7: :love7: :love7: :love7: :love7: :love7:

cille 02-13-2008 09:32 AM

Oh *fruit*, I'm late - happy birthday Lisa, hope you had a great celebration!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElephantMan
When I hear reviews and critics and all slander Damien and say he's just 'another Ryan Adams" (though I like R Adams) etc w/out Lisa and other disparaging comments about Him, it annoys me. He wrote, and more importantly, created this Music with a cello and a female voice that added a new and distict dimension to his music (and most indie music). Lisa is just another Beutifull looking girl with a great voice and all, yet expendable. And he put her on the Irish music map, though perhaps she'd be their anyway. But their are plenty of Lisa's in this world. Though because Lisa was the first and only, if he ever replaced her, which he won't, the replacement would be considered shiitie. But if that person were first and Lisa came along, she would be considered....- That's just how things are. Also- Listen to Volcano from Bell X and Damiens version-or- 9crimes acoustic, then adding a female companion -Lisa-with a Piano . It's not Lisa. It's Damiens creativity to bring Lisa and VVyvienne to his music he created. Oh, and I liked him better WITH Lisa, just bothered listening to people talk smack about DR w/out Lisa. Not anyone on this board, but critics and all. Does anyone feel the same, or am I just pressing these keys in vain? Does anyone know why Damien isn't on Lisa's Myspace page? Are they still friends of any kind?

Not the time and place for that discussion, mate. And I do think Lisa has a unique talent and think she's gonna do some great stuff on her own. And damien is also gonna do some great stuff on his own too of course, it's all good.

Wheels 02-13-2008 09:35 AM

Happy Birthday Lisa! I hope you're being spoiled rotten and getting lots of presents and happy vibes and all that hippy stuff too :)

RPP 02-13-2008 10:13 AM

aaaaah i'm late!! Happy birthday!!!

RPP 02-13-2008 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElephantMan
Lisa is just another Beutifull looking girl with a great voice and all, yet expendable. [...] But their are plenty of Lisa's in this world.

What Cille said. You can't explain why this post in this topic..!
Further, please do listen to her upcoming album and then speak your mind.

#Ian# 02-13-2008 10:41 AM

Considers telling folk that I started this Lisa's birthday thing off years ago by picking a random date and posting that.

PSYCHE.

#Ian# 02-13-2008 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #Ian#
Considers telling folk that I started this Lisa's birthday thing off years ago by picking a random date and posting that.

Decides it's better not to lie. DOUBLE PSYCHE.

Hope you got to bust some moves.

wmacson 02-13-2008 12:50 PM

Happy Late Birthday from NYC Ms. Hannigan! Hope your upcoming year is filled with good health and much Happiness.

babyeskimo 02-13-2008 01:32 PM

Hope you had a wonderful birthday Lisa. Best wishes for the future, and great success for your new album. Lots of love xxxxxxx

Dellboyy 02-13-2008 02:42 PM

Happy Birthday Lisa!

Cali 02-13-2008 05:48 PM

happy birthday :D

cuuliem 02-13-2008 07:44 PM

joyeux anniversaire! happy birthday :love7:

riotana 02-13-2008 08:00 PM

Happy Birthday or "La Multi Ani!" :) May you have tons of smiles from friends and people you love and sunny happy hippie days!

Spamlet 02-13-2008 10:28 PM

Elated Belated, m' dearest lass!

Still got the photo you took of the two of us after Hiro but am unable to get it off the phone yet (working on it).

I'm also really adoring the 3 newest tracks you put up on MySpace (including the Pirate Disco in that number).

My best and biggest thanks too to Mother Hannigan, for such an exquisite gift to us if she's reading this. :hello:

Triskel2004 02-15-2008 02:29 PM

(Belated) Laa-ruggyree sonney dhyt !
In Manx......hope it was a fab day and the next big day will be the album launch! Dont forget the Isle of Man in your tour plans please!!!!!!!