The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Worst Damo Song???? (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4411)

mestonf 06-27-2004 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mestonf
Quote:

Originally Posted by cillecille
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angela
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmmc
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

anybody know the version of get the party started by pink that damo did,whadaya think?

where can we get that from ?!?

It's on the 'Even Better Than The Real Thing Vol.1' charity CD that was put out for National Childrens Hospital, Tallaght.**(details here: http://www.irishmusiccentral.com/damienrice/discography_comp ilations.html)</font>

i think i have a bootleg of his where he links it in to a song! sounds quite cool!

Oh, he did it live, too? I haven't heard that yet!

Too many quotes!!i started it[img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]

yeah, looks great, doens't it? [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Oh, so the live version is like a 10 sec bridge in a song? But he never played the whole song live, right?

P.S. Good question, fmmc [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

yeah thats right cille it sounded like that....can't remember which bootleg it is but i will probably find it some time when sifting through my damo stuff BTW this quote thing is cool!

yeah i know,its fun...heheh[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

lets see how many we can get!!!

I wonder what happens when we hit a page break?

not sure but lets see!

tee hee, ali - look away mow!

hey, mestonf, you got it wrong - it was angela who asked about the live version....

yep thats very true cille......i must have just been dreaming of you then!

keep quoting tink we aren't gonna stop the chain!!!!

fmmc 06-28-2004 07:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

anybody know the version of get the party started by pink that damo did,whadaya think?

It's on the 'Even Better Than The Real Thing Vol.1' charity CD that was put out for National Childrens Hospital, Tallaght.(details here: http://www.irishmusiccentral.com/damienrice/discography_comp ilations.html)

i think i have a bootleg of his where he links it in to a song! sounds quite cool!

Oh, so the live version is like a 10 sec bridge in a song? But he never played the whole song live, right?

yeah thats right cille it sounded like that....can't remember which bootleg it is but i will probably find it some time when sifting through my damo stuff BTW this quote thing is cool!

not sure but lets see!

hey, mestonf, you got it wrong - it was angela who asked about the live version....

o my gawd!!do ye realise that the quotesare dissappearing from the inside out,damn it[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]Edited by: fmmc

Angela 06-28-2004 09:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's on the 'Even Better Than The Real Thing Vol.1' charity CD that was put out for National Childrens Hospital, Tallaght.(details here: http://www.irishmusiccentral.com/damienrice/discography_comp ilations.html)

not sure but lets see!

o my gawd!!do ye realise that the quotesare dissappearing from the inside out,damn it[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]

Oh nooooooo [img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Angela 06-28-2004 09:05 PM

Yeah, it's a FIFO (first-in-first-out) queue of 8 quotes that discards the oldests one once the array is full [img]smileys/smiley23.gif[/img]

PhoenixDeviance 06-28-2004 11:40 PM

Delicate, it just goes by too slow for me.

timskimo 06-29-2004 10:48 AM

With me I really don't haveany least favorites, With every song he gives you his pure, off the top of his head and the bottom of his heart feel. He wears his heart on his sleeve and doesn't think too much what someone will think of his songs.

Juzzza 06-29-2004 04:51 PM

Alright, the majority of us like pretty much all of his tunes right, but what are your top-fives at the moment... And mine changes from week to week as I either start playing them live or just listen to them more... For me it is:

1. The professor
2. Volcano
3. Cannonball
4. Amie
5. Woman likea man

Creeping up my chart:

Lonelily
Blower's Daughter
Delicate
Cold Water

fmmc 06-30-2004 05:35 PM

1. professor 2.i remember 3.volcano 4.cannonball 5.every other damien rice song ever even the ones i said i didn't like too much earlier[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Gatsby 06-30-2004 05:38 PM

i think you should make a new thread as it might get confusing[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Soleillily 06-30-2004 06:16 PM

Ohhh fun.... Mine 5 fav's at the moment are:

1. Insane 2. The professor 3. Fool 4. Baby Sister 5. Delicate

(They are always changing for me too)Edited by: Soleillily

PhoenixDeviance 06-30-2004 06:18 PM

1. Rootless Tree 2. Professor 3. Nine Crimes 4. I Remember 5. Woman Like A Man

mestonf 06-30-2004 06:19 PM

can't think of a top 5 as they are all good!

Charlie 1 2 06-30-2004 06:56 PM

1.Amie 2.Woman like a man 3.Older chests 4.Creep cover 5.Blowers Daughter&nbs p; I love amie, especially cos my girlfriends name is Aileen, and it fits in lovely(dont go telling me that amie is an old woman and s**t, i can have my idealism[img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img])

mattbeswick 08-02-2004 12:47 PM

Least favourite - Moody Mooday...

Top 5... ~Sighs~ Well... I just got dumped... so they've changed slightly in the last couple of days... but...

I remember
Lonelily
Blowers Daughter
Sand
The Professor

(No particular order :))

Hannah650 08-02-2004 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattbeswick

~Sighs~ Well... I just got dumped... so they've changed slightly in the last couple of days...

Aww,poor matt! Dnt worry the eskimos will all cheer ya up[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

My opinion of damiens songs change all the time, at the start amie was by far my favourite but then when i discovered the mountain of other great songs it slipped down the list a bit. Favourites now would have to be... i remember, eskimo,toffeepop&amp;woman like a man

but to answer the thread my least favourites at the mo(but stillmighty songs all the same)are probably 9 crimes (don't know it as well) and older chests (although beautiful lyrics, the melody just doesnt appeal2me so much)

The Pink Girly 08-02-2004 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamosFavEyes

then, i've just gotten a bit tired of the usual Volcano, Delicate.. the ones that people who AREN'T fans have heard and might know.

sorry but....WHAT THE HELL?!?!? thats the biggest pile of bullsh*t ive heard in a long time. how can you possibly define what a fan is or isnt? surely it's someone who loves damien's music whether it's just the stuff on his album or what's not? its really easy for you to judge other people isnt it? maybe those songs are people's favourites whether they've heard ALL of his songs or not. i hope it makes you feel good to think that you are a REAL fan.

sorry, nothing personal i would have said that to anyone who said that. i just needed to get that off my chest

The Pink Girly 08-02-2004 09:42 PM

[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]o i feel bad now i bet you all think i'm really evil

sorry

The Pink Girly 08-02-2004 09:42 PM

needed to be said in my opinion

Gazel 08-02-2004 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pink Girly
Quote:

Originally Posted by DamosFavEyes

then, i've just gotten a bit tired of the usual Volcano, Delicate.. the ones that people who AREN'T fans have heard and might know.

sorry but....WHAT THE HELL?!?!? thats the biggest pile of bullsh*t ive heard in a long time. how can you possibly define what a fan is or isnt? surely it's someone who loves damien's music whether it's just the stuff on his album or what's not? its really easy for you to judge other people isnt it? maybe those songs are people's favourites whether they've heard ALL of his songs or not. i hope it makes you feel good to think that you are a REAL fan.

I think what she's trying to say is that people who aren't fans would have heard these songs more than others because they are more accessable, played on the radio etc.[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Calm down pinkie! Take some deep breaths and count to ten![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

The Pink Girly 08-03-2004 08:50 PM

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]well she shouldnt!!!!! she should take it back!

ok i'm breathing now, got a bit wound up thats all

and anyway, arent we all missing the MOST IMPORTANT part of all this????? nobody should NOT be a fan of mr rice in my opinion! hesfriggin fanny-an-tastic! (just for you Ameraldo babe!mwah!)

The Pink Girly 08-03-2004 08:54 PM

least favorite is "marry me" i think it's called?? oh sh*te i've forgotten. dam. lisa sings it???

top 5 are

delicate, amie, eskimo, prague, the professor

in no particular order but as you all said, they change constantly.

they rotate with the blowers daughter, i remember and cold water.....actually, f**k it, all of them.

Tink 08-03-2004 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pink Girly

least favorite is "marry me" i think it's called?? oh sh*te i've forgotten. dam. lisa sings it???

are you talking bout then go

The Pink Girly 08-07-2004 08:30 PM

[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]erm no i dontt think i am!!!?!!!!????

i'll ask ameraldo and get back to you cause she played it to me.

Sniffer 08-07-2004 08:41 PM

Hey Pinky, calm down. You really shouldn't take this stuff so seriously.
There is life outside the igloo.
Breath baby.