The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Iceland july 1 (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16422)

Amie R. 06-23-2010 09:06 PM

Iceland july 1

http://twitter.com/DamienRice/status/16873604421

Damien Rice will perform at the 'Iceland Inspires' concert on July 1 at 8pm GMT (9pm BST).

Thanks so very much for letting me know 8 days before. For the rest of the night I will have to agree with the guy from the other thread. Upset.

Amie R. 06-23-2010 09:10 PM

will perform at the 'Iceland Inspires' concert on July 1 at 8pm GMT (9pm BST). 'Iceland Inspires' is an open air concert held close to the now quiet Eyjafjalla volcano at Hamragar near Seljalandsfoss waterfall. It is a free concert to any lover of the eclectic line-up and will be streamed live around the world. The live stream will also feature specially pre filmed songs on stunning locations around Iceland.
http://www.inspiredbyiceland.com/

borneoman 06-23-2010 09:51 PM

OMG that's next week!!!!!

wish I could go... but... the good news is that the gig is STREAMED LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amie R. 06-23-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borneoman (Post 359689)
OMG that's next week!!!!!

wish I could go... but... the good news is that the gig is STREAMED LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah..thats kinda of comforting,but still I would like to go ;-(

Shillelagh 06-23-2010 09:55 PM

Glen too!!!!!!!

Amiina
Damien Rice
Dikta
For a Minor Reflection
Glen Hansard
Gus Gus
Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson
Hjaltalín
Lay Low
Mammút
Parabólur
Páll á Húsafelli
Seabear
Spiritualized
Steindór Andersen

borneoman 06-23-2010 09:56 PM

and looks like the concert will take place in some amazing landscape close to the volcano that caused all that ash a couple months ago...

can we assume he we'll play Volcano?? :p

borneoman 06-23-2010 09:58 PM

so it's like a festival??? at first I thought it was a proper Damien Rice gig, like a full 2hr long gig... but if it's a 1-evening-festival he might just play a few songs??

Amie R. 06-23-2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borneoman (Post 359692)
and looks like the concert will take place in some amazing landscape close to the volcano that caused all that ash a couple months ago...

very good you made me laugh because I was really upset coz I cant go ;-P
Close to the volcano and a waterfall...

glo32 06-23-2010 11:42 PM

Quote:

Thanks so very much for letting me know 8 days before. For the rest of the night I will have to agree with the guy from the other thread. Upset.
i don't think it's damien's management's fault this time... this concert seems like a last-minute thing, and if you check Inspired By Iceland's twitter page you'll find they gave out the full line-up today...

glad to see him on a live stream again... I miss the old days where we could see him live from Bonnaroo, T in the Park, Rock Werchter etc...

BrokenDoll 06-23-2010 11:44 PM

I'll be there for sure! ^^,

verenita 06-24-2010 03:10 AM

it seems awesome! i'm glad for you, brokendoll... and for all of us, cause we will have a correspondent just right there :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by borneoman (Post 359692)

LOL! marti :D joke aside, i do think he will play volcano :D

borneoman 06-24-2010 07:47 AM

I think he might (should) play What This Night Is For... isn't it about being in nature or something... and in theory it was gonna be in the Nature album they're always talking about...

Amie R. 06-24-2010 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glo32 (Post 359699)
i don't think it's damien's management's fault this time... this concert seems like a last-minute thing, and if you check Inspired By Iceland's twitter page you'll find they gave out the full line-up today...

glad to see him on a live stream again... I miss the old days where we could see him live from Bonnaroo, T in the Park, Rock Werchter etc...

Yes,you're right and Brokendoll told me it will be a 3 hours concert,so he wont probably play that long...anyway Iceland always worths it...

Vyru 06-25-2010 12:27 AM

Damien Rice, Glen Hansard, Spiritualized... Am I the only one who just died and went to heaven?

Shillelagh 06-25-2010 01:16 AM

I know Glen covers a few Spiritualized songs....maybe they will play together

verenita 06-25-2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shillelagh (Post 359691)
Glen too!!!!!!!

Amiina
Damien Rice
Dikta
For a Minor Reflection
Glen Hansard
Gus Gus
Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson
Hjaltalín
Lay Low
Mammút
Parabólur
Páll á Húsafelli
Seabear
Spiritualized
Steindór Andersen

mia maestro (the girld does good music and she plays with joel shearer from time to time) is going to play too.

borneoman 06-25-2010 04:09 PM

^Damien is also helping with her debut album together with Joel ;)

glo32 06-25-2010 05:20 PM

^ and she also recorded a song (backing vocals i think) with damien on the 10 days to barcelona trip...
and she also opened for emiliana torrini recently...
and the songs i've heard are really good, especially one in spanish that i can't find online anymore, but it really sounded good. I can't wait for her debut album. And for the record, I loved her in alias.

borneoman 06-25-2010 06:37 PM

Iceland Express has some last minute special offers from Europe to Iceland, very very cheap & tempting :p 90E one-way

Iceland from €90/£65 with our new Icebreaker fares, on sale from today.

What? Hand-picked one-way flights to and from Iceland from all over our route map. See for yourself

How much? Prices from €90, £65 or DKK650 one-way including taxes and fees

When to buy? Open for sale now until they're all gone. If you don't find what you're looking for now, check later

The small print: Icebreaker flights are sold one-way only. Limited availability, first come, first served. When they're gone, they're gone.

MANGO 06-25-2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrokenDoll (Post 359701)
I'll be there for sure! ^^,

oh.. I'd like to go too, but I don't think I can make it:crybaby2:

Enjoy the great perform :hello::icon_thum:smiley9:

verenita 06-26-2010 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borneoman (Post 359789)
^Damien is also helping with her debut album together with Joel ;)

yes , i know. she said that in an interview aired on argentinian tv last december, when she came to buenos aires for a tiny gig. she said that they share a home studio in la or something like that (i can´t remember exactly).

she mentioned emiliana torrini as well, and she said that she totally loved her.

i really like mia´s music, but there´s something in her voice that i can´t deal with.

borneoman 06-26-2010 08:18 AM

^just realized Mia is Argentinian :smiley9: I think a Damien-Mia duet is just a matter of time... either on her debut or in the duets project... not super crazy about her voice myself either Vere...

verenita 06-26-2010 02:34 PM

she is actually adorable (according to the impresions i got when i saw the interview). i mean, she don´t believe a superstar or anything like this. her feet are definitely planted on the ground.

glo32 06-28-2010 02:04 PM

Is anyone planning to record the live stream and then share the video with us through megaupload or similar?

eva_arg 06-28-2010 02:27 PM

I was actually about to ask the same thing. I'll try and record but it's on a weekday in the middle of the afternoon for us so I don't know if I can squeeze out of work in time :D

verenita 06-28-2010 03:27 PM

i have no idea how to do it and i´m in the same situation as you, eva.

borneoman 06-28-2010 03:39 PM

I guess we don't have an schedule for the gig yet... there are so many bands on that bill... at least it should go for 4-5-6 hours?? I also assume Damien will be one of the last ones, if not the last?? so maybe at 2am EU time hehe :)

glo32 06-28-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

it says it starts at 8pm Europe time (that's 6pm in Iceland).
really? are you sure? i thought it was at 8pm in Iceland, so 10pm in Europe...

verenita, if it turns out that you can record it, feel free to send me a pm so i can tell you how to do it ;)

borneoman 06-28-2010 06:08 PM

my bad my bad, yes it's 8pm in Iceland so 9pm in the Uk and 10pm in Europe, will change the previous post

jasmineha 06-28-2010 08:25 PM

I would record it, but I don't think I'll be at home that day. suck. I hope someone does so they can share it with us! do you think he might play some new ones? I'm very curious..