The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Musician Stuff (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   wedding song (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6238)

danboyk 10-29-2004 04:18 PM

Hey all,

My fiancée and I are huge fans of Damien Rice, and we like to think of "O" as being "our Album." Cheesy I know, but so it is. Our first date was to the Damien Rice gig in Birmingham.

Any how to the point. We are getting married next September and are looking for a song for our dance. So It would be stellar to have a Damien Rice song, but I feel that the lyrics wont set the right mood, but an instrumental would.

So here's the question. Are there any instrumental recordings out there and if so how do i go about getting my hands on them.

Thanks guys,
Danny Klimetz
MississippiEdited by: danboyk

ali* 10-29-2004 04:21 PM

i think there's an instrumental version of volcano on one of the singles, guys?
(btw,if ur looking for a wedding singer and feel like paying for my flight...[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img])

Hannah650 10-29-2004 04:26 PM

Yeh that Volcano instrumental is definately on the B-Sides album. Cool idea tho Danny, best of luck finding the right track.

dramaking 10-30-2004 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ali*
i think there's an instrumental version of volcano on one of the singles, guys?
(btw,if ur looking for a wedding singer and feel like paying for my flight...[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img])

you are a wedding singer? [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

reminds me of that wonderful movie with adam sandler and drew berrymore (can't remember the name)! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img] very funny movie!

ali* 10-30-2004 02:21 PM

heehee, im the church wedding singer, we're not as cool as the reception wedding singers, and im not sure we get paid as much...[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

indigoangel 10-30-2004 02:40 PM

the best thing about being the church wedding singer is getting to watch the grooms face as hes waiting for the bride to come down the aisle!!! [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] sometimes they look so nervous, or even as if they are about to cry the poor fellas!

sezmo 10-30-2004 02:50 PM

there's an instrumental version of cannonball on the cannonball single

ali* 10-30-2004 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dramaking
reminds me of that wonderful movie with adam sandler and drew berrymore (can't remember the name)! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img] very funny movie!

the wedding singer [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Livo 10-30-2004 11:14 PM

yeah there's an instrumental of cannonball, volcano and i'm pretty sure one of the blower's daughter somewhere in my house.

dramaking 10-31-2004 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ali*

Quote:

Originally Posted by dramaking

the wedding singer [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

oh...right...[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Always_Echos 10-31-2004 01:59 PM

Lol, i love that movie! Its so cute...

Dan, congrats on the knot tying prospect, really hope u do find the right song...[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]Edited by: Always_Echos

danboyk 12-17-2004 02:31 PM

Thanks for the help guys. I did find a copy of the Cannonball instrumentals the other day. I'll keep an eye for Volcano and Blower's Daughter instrumentals.

thehappytent 12-17-2004 04:36 PM

just a quick note, the volcano instrumental probably won't set the right mood