The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   KUT Radio Session (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8652)

Wheels 06-12-2005 10:34 PM

KUT Radio Session

That interview linked to on the news page is really good... anyone else listen to it? Damien even played 'Grey Room' and explained the truth behind songs like Eskimo... for anyone who wasn't clear on it. :smiley4:

breadfan35 06-12-2005 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheels
That interview linked to on the news page is really good... anyone else listen to it? Damien even played 'Grey Room' and explained the truth behind songs like Eskimo... for anyone who wasn't clear on it. :smiley4:

Yeah, it's great! :smiley20: And it would seem that Eskimo isn't about coke as some others thought. ;)

I wish I could save it. Anyone know how? (besides just right click, save as)

SisterMidnight 06-13-2005 12:28 AM

wow where has that one been hiding?! that was excellent! thanks clayton dude! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by breadfan35
And it would seem that Eskimo isn't about coke as some others thought. ;)

apparently not lol

i transcribed that bit... okay i admit it i'm a damien rice geek :o

dj: what is the eskimo friend? if anything?

damien: i don't know.. one of those.. eh.. *clears throat* friends who's beyond.. um.. judgment i guess, and that..um.. who.. oof.. somebody who sees through the silliness of fighting.. the silliness of thinking that anybody's bad - or good. who sees through the naivete of that and how we do that all the time in our lives, and how it brings so much trouble to our lives whether it's individually or in a family or from country to country. and it's one of those people who just lives sort of so.. ehm.. simply with life and the energy that life naturally seems to have. and no matter what you do no matter how you behave or what you've done.. if you're.. if you need them at any point you just turn to them and they're completely welcoming to you.

it's just that i love eskimo (god the radio jock sure went on about what an amazing song it is didn't he?) and i've always thought that it's such a strong statement about friendship and what a real friend should be :)

the whole interview was great! yay i love damien interviews!

marloes 06-13-2005 06:34 AM

KUT radio? :smiley36: that means something very rude in Dutch :smiley9:

soda 06-13-2005 07:47 AM

i often call our radio stations that, you don't marloes :P

marloes 06-13-2005 07:59 AM

only when I'm forced to listen to 538 or Sky at work :smiley36:

soda 06-13-2005 08:01 AM

yes indeed, Kwalitatief Uitermate Teleurstellend

dandylittledreamer 06-13-2005 08:55 AM

i really enjoyed listening to it!
it was really good, loved hearing 'grey room' cuz still havent found anywhere to download it!
i loved that the fact that the interview was an actual fan kinda, and u could tell he was really enjoying having damien in the studio, loved when they were talking bout 'eskimo', my favourite song too. :smiley4:
and also loved how he played 'im so childish' at the end, obviously im 'dandy little dreamer' so i love it!

Beevers_uk 06-13-2005 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breadfan35
Yeah, it's great! :smiley20: And it would seem that Eskimo isn't about coke as some others thought. ;)

I wish I could save it. Anyone know how? (besides just right click, save as)

Yeah i saved it, i used net transport to save it!!!

It is a real good interview!! Been better if we could have watched him play them!! But it was good!!

Cali 06-13-2005 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beevers_uk

It is a real good interview!! Been better if we could have watched him play them!! But it was good!!

do you have the link to the file you saved, i tried to download the link but i ended up with a tiny file

Beevers_uk 06-13-2005 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali
do you have the link to the file you saved, i tried to download the link but i ended up with a tiny file

http://www.kut.org/site/DocServer/cv...?docID=1601442

thats the link and it downloaded a ram file , thne i copyed the link in to Net transport and downloaded it from there!!!

Cali 06-13-2005 12:55 PM

thx

mestonf 06-13-2005 02:32 PM

god yeah this interview is great - best one i have heard for some time
Why did we not know about it earlier?

breadfan35 06-13-2005 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beevers_uk

Hey Beevers, could you upload it here and post a link?

http://www.megaupload.com/

Pleeeeaaaassseee! :D

HugeAmericanFan 06-13-2005 10:03 PM

I think this interview is AMaZiNG!!! I absolutly love it. What i find so crazy is that you know when Damien was explaining how he came up with Eskimo and then what it really meant..didn't he say that he sort of just sat down and just put Eskimo together in like one sitting? If so then isn't that so crazy how the song is so intellectually put together and it is just so smart..it just amazes me that he can put together such a meaningful song together without really "thinking" about it. I love you Damien!

shane_b 06-13-2005 10:05 PM

is'nt the tab to grey room different in this one, sounds well nice maybe some genius can tab it again, cos i love the song, anyone ?.......

Barry Jive 06-14-2005 08:07 PM

This interview is so great!! I'm glad everyone is enjoying it. I think he did this here in Austin around the time he taped the Austin City Limits show. My wonderful wife got us tickets to the taping and it was magical!! He played more stuff than they show on TV (woman like a man, lonely soldier, etc). I wish I had a video of the whole thing!

Anyway, I just finished putting this interview/songs to Mp3, and if anyone has a good site to upload it to, I'd be glad.

Also, browse some other interviews on the KUT archive. There are some pretty amazing musicians on that list!

bj
(clayton)

breadfan35 06-14-2005 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry Jive
This interview is so great!! I'm glad everyone is enjoying it. I think he did this here in Austin around the time he taped the Austin City Limits show. My wonderful wife got us tickets to the taping and it was magical!! He played more stuff than they show on TV (woman like a man, lonely soldier, etc). I wish I had a video of the whole thing!

Anyway, I just finished putting this interview/songs to Mp3, and if anyone has a good site to upload it to, I'd be glad.

Also, browse some other interviews on the KUT archive. There are some pretty amazing musicians on that list!

bj
(clayton)

Upload it here Barry.

http://www.megaupload.com/

Barry Jive 06-14-2005 11:18 PM

I'm uploading them now. I zipped the 11 tracks into one for my easy upload. its about 58 MB. Sorry if this makes it hard for any of you to download them. Let me know and I can do them individually if needed. enjoy!

bj (cl)

SilentNight 06-14-2005 11:45 PM

thank you clayton for your year round memory:)

Barry Jive 06-15-2005 12:05 AM

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=14AK9E5E

try that...

bj

breadfan35 06-15-2005 12:08 AM

Quote:

Dl'ing now. Thanks so much! :smiley16:

crackpotcuckoo 06-15-2005 11:30 PM

Quote:

I went to try and download that and the estimated time for it is just over 4 hours!! And I have broadband!! What the...?!

breadfan35 06-18-2005 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crackpotcuckoo
I went to try and download that and the estimated time for it is just over 4 hours!! And I have broadband!! What the...?!

It was 3 for me, but so what? I could still surf or just leave and let it continue. It's worth the wait, it's a great radio session! :smiley14:

muskoxen 06-18-2005 06:42 AM

fabby

i thought it was quite good as well but it seemed as though the deejay was a bit in love. that or he was smashed, i can't tell which. oh well. i give him credit, though, both of them actually, because the deejay didn't go on as much as he likely could have and wanted to, and damien didn't punch him in the nose or scream shut your bloody mouth. but, then, damien wouldn't do either of those things, would he? I seem to be contradicting myself quite a bit, eh? sad, really.oh well. cheers all, happy listening.

cille 06-18-2005 10:37 AM

^hehe, you're funny muskoxen - welcomes!

SilentNight 06-18-2005 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muskoxen
i thought it was quite good as well but it seemed as though the deejay was a bit in love. that or he was smashed, i can't tell which. oh well. i give him credit, though, both of them actually, because the deejay didn't go on as much as he likely could have and wanted to, and damien didn't punch him in the nose or scream shut your bloody mouth. but, then, damien wouldn't do either of those things, would he? I seem to be contradicting myself quite a bit, eh? sad, really.oh well. cheers all, happy listening.

that DJ was nice, and a true music fan, you can almost hear his heart beats:D. most of the time, those Djs try to be cool.

cille 06-18-2005 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crackpotcuckoo

my dl is just going slower and slower and slower... the more i dl, the longer is the estimated time left:smiley5: guess you gotta be patient with this upload thingy

cille 06-18-2005 05:12 PM

... still dl'ing, 21 % to go, dl speed even slower... this better be good! :D

breadfan35 06-18-2005 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muskoxen

I'll agree, and I didn't care too much for the dj's voice. He sounded too "Quiet Storm, Smooth Jazz"-ish to me. But he actually asked about the songs and got great answers from Damien. That's something I have found lacking in all other Damo interviews I've heard and read. (Not that I've heard or read them all) :)