The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   grrrrrrrrrrr (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4511)

Vienna 06-25-2004 06:11 PM

i'm just watching the coverage of glastonbury on BBC3 and just getting really depressed, i didn't think i'd be too bothered but i really hate not being there, it's like my holiday every year (i haven't been abroad for more than 5 years) and it was gonna be my 21st b-day celebrations this year!!! i just so wanna be there!!![img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Varuna 06-25-2004 06:13 PM

me too me too

Varuna 06-25-2004 06:13 PM

i wanna be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am angry at producers for the tickets

Vienna 06-25-2004 06:14 PM

yeh so am i...but that's how it's gonna be every year now, i don't see how they're gonna stop the mad rush for tickets and them selling out in record time!!!

Tink 06-25-2004 06:14 PM

[img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]Feeling the same to i tried to get tickets but they sold out and then i entered any competition i could to get them but didn't. The t.v will just have to do *she says grudgingly*

Varuna 06-25-2004 06:15 PM

yeah exactly

i was tempted to go and get one off the touts but i heard they were flogging it for like 200 quid.

me and my bf its like 400 quid.can't afford it.

Varuna 06-25-2004 06:16 PM

added to that the cost of being bladdered and (stoned)

Vienna 06-25-2004 06:16 PM

thanks for the massive hug Tink, it is some consolation!!![img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]i did exactly the same thing...entering the comps and everything i just hate watching it on telly and knwoing the feelings i'd be getting and thinking about what i'd be doing and stuff!![img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Vienna 06-25-2004 06:18 PM

i know the tout prices are crazy!!! i can't really afford to be there but i figured my mum would've helped me out for my b-day and stuff!

Varuna 06-25-2004 06:19 PM

i listen to it on the radio but its gutting when all u here is

"oh we are walking and here we are with ....."

Vienna 06-25-2004 06:19 PM

yep absolutely gutting!

cille 06-25-2004 08:26 PM

oh, i'm sorry for you vienna[img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]

next year be sure to go [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Vienna 06-25-2004 09:26 PM

oh believe me i'll try my best but i can see that there's gonna be the same ticket fiasco...so at the end of the day, it all depends whether or not i can get hold of tickets!!!![img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

mestonf 06-25-2004 09:33 PM

I'm sorry for you Vienna I also stayed up for 12 hours and managed to fall asleep at school the next day trying to get glasto tickets, I don't have sky which is a bit annoying but will be watching it on BBC 2 tonight at 11:25 or whatever it is! Does anyone know of any other coverage of Glasto i should know about?

But yep i'm really really pissed off i'm not at glasto........the fact that Damo is playing and the festival i normally go to hasn't got Damo playing there even though he has for the last 2 years....but i didn't even know about him then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]

Livo 06-25-2004 09:35 PM

i know exactly how you feel about not being able to be there. the
frames and idlewild are two of my favourite bands and they're both
playing in the same concert the same day that's i'm leaving the
country. i feel like i'm going to get a stomach ulcer i'm so angry!

mestonf 06-25-2004 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livo
i know exactly how you feel about not being able to be there. the
frames and idlewild are two of my favourite bands and they're both
playing in the same concert the same day that's i'm leaving the
country. i feel like i'm going to get a stomach ulcer i'm so angry!

DIdn't know the Frames and Idlewild are playing..........................double f**king annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vienna 06-25-2004 09:56 PM

i saw the frames at glasto last year in i think it was the acoustic tent or something like that and it was absolutely amazing...i'd only just heard of them and one of my friends who couldn't be there asked me to go and watch them (sort of on his behalf) and i phoned him when i was there...i was only gonna stay for a couple of songs cos my friends wanted to go see electric six i think it was but i couldn't leave so i stayedand watched them onmy own,i was absolutely taken in by them and loved every minute of it!!!

mestonf 06-25-2004 09:57 PM

yeah i have just started falling in love with the frames music

Vienna 06-25-2004 10:00 PM

i'd just started to then so it was the perfect time to go see them and i was blown away...i still only have set list though cos the money situation doesn't allow any CD purchasing ever it seems!!! only ones that i'm really desperate for!! but i can live with just set list for now!

Livo 06-25-2004 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vienna
i saw the frames at glasto last year

i didn't know they played glastonbury last year! urgh, that meant
pretty much all my favourite bands played, rem, radiohead, idlewild,
the frames, damien rice..........

Vienna 06-25-2004 10:04 PM

yep it was kept quiet that one but i made sure i had a proper good look thru the line up cos i'd missed bands that i really like the previous year!! it's guttin in hindsight! but yeh lisa and damo got on stage with the woman that was on before the frames (can't remember her name but i think it was her they got up with!) i just remember them getting up at some point and the frames being on an hour later than scheduled!

mestonf 06-25-2004 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vienna
yep it was kept quiet that one but i made sure i had a proper good look thru the line up cos i'd missed bands that i really like the previous year!! it's guttin in hindsight!

Thats really annoying...its like i recently found out that Damo has played V for 2 years running and i bloody missed him the 1st time!

Vienna 06-25-2004 10:13 PM

yeh horrible...i found out that less than jake played glastonbury 2 years ago and i knew nothing about it until afterwards...i've been lucky enough to see them twice since and go on their tourbus though so that kinda makes up for it!!

that's why i always really check out the line ups and try my best to go to as many gigs as possible especially up and coming bands at small venues cos those are the ones to treasure cos it can soon blow up and all you'll be able to see at the next gig is a couple of dots hundreds of feet away!! well that's the way i look at it anyway!!

mestonf 06-25-2004 10:15 PM

no thats true vienna very true ..................are you gonna be watching glasto on BBC 2 in about 20 minutes?

Vienna 06-25-2004 10:18 PM

maybe it all depends what they're gonna show cos i've been watching the live stuff and highlights on BBC3 so i've probably already seen most of what they'll put on but i will check it out to see if there's anything i've missed!!! i've relaxed a little now and am starting to enjoy the coverage but i know when they have damo on(i think it's tomorrow) i'll be crying my eyes out...i nearly cried earlier, it's really upsetting me that i'm not there!!! sad i know!!

mestonf 06-25-2004 10:22 PM

yep well the beauties of sky TV [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]

Vienna 06-25-2004 10:26 PM

yeh i know..i'm so grateful for it right now...especially cos i don't get it at uni and after having it for like ten years it was then taken away but thankfully now we've got it back!! it definitely has it's uses!!![img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

Libby 06-26-2004 11:03 AM

Sorry to hear you missed out on Glasto tickets Vienna. I know how you feel, especially after trying so hard to get tickets.

I have sent you a P.M

ali* 06-26-2004 04:13 PM

i know this wont make anyones situation better, but #Ian# got backstage passes.............*sigh*

Vienna 06-26-2004 04:19 PM

i know...read it in some other thread...jammy sod! [img]smileys/smiley18.gif[/img]