The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   i thought i had em all (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11228)

OrangeKnickers 09-06-2006 01:38 AM

i thought i had em all

so i won't bother asking for them here, cause i know that's not kosher,

but i thought i had or had at least heard of all the damo songs there were, except the new ones. after reading the electric picnic setlists (thanks bumpman) there were 2 i've never heard of "Rat In The Grain" & "Is That It My Friend?"

are they old juniper songs or just songs of his that there aren't recordings of?

WhatAmIDarling? 09-06-2006 02:21 AM

MY GRANDMOTHER LIVES IN WHITE PLAINS! Sorry, off-topic...but I really love my grandmother...

SisterMidnight 09-06-2006 02:59 AM

those are from the vicar street gig

'rat in the grain' is the new one that he played at the mountain winery that starts off "this would not have happened if i hadn't missed my plane.." wanted or wanted to be wanted we were calling it..

the other one 'is that it my friend?' he's only played once before on april 7, 2004 in madison wisconsin.. no (decent) recordings of it (yet)

Bumpman 09-06-2006 01:05 PM

Well the Vicar St gigs were recorded, but to be quite honest, no-one realistically has all the stuff that they play, I've personally seen them play eight or nine songs over the last week that I'd never heard before. It's not such a big shock...

SisterMidnight 09-06-2006 07:04 PM

aha my theory was correct.. he does have some gems tucked away for surprises :)

OrangeKnickers 09-06-2006 07:46 PM

ahh - that makes sense, thanks guys :)

some of these songs are really hard to track down -
front door
grey room
coconut skins
nine crimes
my ****ty city
are all ones that i've heard of a million times but i have been foiled in any attempt to get ahold of them. i've kind of given up in a way, but i've known they've existed for quite a time now - the thought of there being two more was a little frustrating, cause i'm kind of a collector.

thanks again!

Bumpman 09-06-2006 10:12 PM

"My City Sh*tty is on the Volcano single", that's something of a catchphrase 'round here.

Cali 09-06-2006 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterMidnight
the other one 'is that it my friend?' he's only played once before on april 7, 2004 in madison wisconsin.. no (decent) recordings of it (yet)

is there an indecent recording i can get ahold of?

Bumpman 09-06-2006 10:18 PM

Nope. There's just nothing... Until the Vicar St bootlegs are traded I assume.

Cali 09-06-2006 10:21 PM

damn :(

OrangeKnickers 09-06-2006 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpman
"My City Sh*tty is on the Volcano single", that's something of a catchphrase 'round here.

that's right - i knew that, but i forgot i did!

Bumpman 09-06-2006 11:40 PM

Nine Crimes is on the video page.