The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lisa Hannigan (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Empty CD case? (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15688)

Yetzirah 01-05-2009 11:42 AM

Empty CD case?

I thought I try it here as well... maybe someone from up there reads it. I don't know...

The thing is, a friend of mine brought me a copy of Sea Sew back from Ireland last week. I was really happy about this but when I opened it I had to discover that the case was empty. I mean, it's beautiful, no question! But I would've been even happier if the CD would've been in there. The thing is as well that I can't just go back to the shop and complain because it's the one in Dublin Airport and I don't get up there that often anymore... I sent an email to Lisa's homepage last week as well but I didn't get a reply so far... I'm sure you guys are all pretty busy... I just wanted to let you know in case this happened to more people than just me. Which I don't hope.

Ah, well... there's not much I can change about it now.
I wish you guys all the best for this new year, I hope it brings you everything you wish for!

Oh, yes. If you're ever planning on coming down to Vienna you have a private tourist guide here waiting for you :smiley9:

verenita 01-05-2009 11:56 AM

oh, what a (sh***y) mistery, jo. i´m sorry this happened to you.

Cerque 01-05-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yetzirah (Post 342538)
I thought I try it here as well... maybe someone from up there reads it. I don't know...

The thing is, a friend of mine brought me a copy of Sea Sew back from Ireland last week. I was really happy about this but when I opened it I had to discover that the case was empty. I mean, it's beautiful, no question! But I would've been even happier if the CD would've been in there. The thing is as well that I can't just go back to the shop and complain because it's the one in Dublin Airport and I don't get up there that often anymore... I sent an email to Lisa's homepage last week as well but I didn't get a reply so far... I'm sure you guys are all pretty busy... I just wanted to let you know in case this happened to more people than just me. Which I don't hope.

Ah, well... there's not much I can change about it now.
I wish you guys all the best for this new year, I hope it brings you everything you wish for!

Oh, yes. If you're ever planning on coming down to Vienna you have a private tourist guide here waiting for you :smiley9:

Yah, that sucks! sorry to hear.

Miss Pink 01-05-2009 02:55 PM

call the shop and say what happened, they might offer to post one out to you or refund you over the phone

Yetzirah 01-05-2009 03:35 PM

^ yeah, if i did that the call would cost me as much as another cd, i guess...

Cerque 01-05-2009 09:44 PM

I would give them a piece of my mind!:icon_ramb

Cali 01-06-2009 04:11 AM

if you want to call them, you can use jajah or skype johana. i think if you set up an account, it will include an initial credit so you can make a phone call for free. that sucks

srahman24 01-06-2009 06:35 AM

I could call! Apparently the store's headquarters are in Toronto...?

Phone:
+1 (416) 469-9809

Please specify your name, order number, phone number, and your question when leaving a message.

2238 Dundas Street West
P.O. Box 59039
Toronto, Ontario
M6R 3B5
Canada

I'll give them a call first thing tomorrow morning Jo :) E-mail me your order # and whatever details you have, if you have them (e-mail's better than a PM since I can check e-mails more easily at work)

Yetzirah 01-06-2009 09:31 AM

wow, this looks as if it'd be turning into a major case here, hehe...

thanks for all your suggestions and everything, my dear eskimo friends, i really appreciate it!

i think my first intention was to let the guys know (and hope noone else got the same present as i did - although the case is really lovely!)
and then, of course i was dreaming about getting a signed one, or lisa bringing it down herself and playing a private gig and... and... nah, just kidding... hehe :smiley9:

Cerque 01-06-2009 08:54 PM

Ring joe duffy.

Rai 01-06-2009 09:44 PM

^^If the "and...and..." part does happen I hope you'll share the pictures :P At least with me, but I'm sure Dean wouldn't mind either :D

mark. 01-07-2009 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerque (Post 342630)
Ring joe duffy.

ahaha, someone once told me the fact that joe duffy exists shows how great our democracy is...i just find him very amusing :P

On topic though - my lisa hannigan CD is also missing! but i actually had it to begin with and have just been careless :P i'm also missing my O cd and a really nice one by Tegan and Sara :(

Cerque 01-07-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark. (Post 342656)
ahaha, someone once told me the fact that joe duffy exists shows how great our democracy is...i just find him very amusing :P

On topic though - my lisa hannigan CD is also missing! but i actually had it to begin with and have just been careless :P i'm also missing my O cd and a really nice one by Tegan and Sara :(

I am quite careless as well, But not enough to lose Lisa Hannigans new album and 0!

Turning Pirate 01-11-2009 04:37 PM

heya guys,

emmet sent me a message alerting me to this..

drop me an e-mail and i'll post you out a copy of the record.

cheers,
una

Yetzirah 01-11-2009 09:17 PM

oh, that's brilliant! thank you so much, una!

Cali 01-12-2009 12:27 AM

ok, that's awsome!

srahman24 01-12-2009 12:53 AM

That's fantastic! The Lisa camp is filled with the nicest people :)

Cerque 01-12-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turning Pirate (Post 342892)
heya guys,

emmet sent me a message alerting me to this..

drop me an e-mail and i'll post you out a copy of the record.

cheers,
una

Who is Una?

Moves-My-World 01-12-2009 03:01 PM

Lisa's right hand woman

Rai 01-12-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moves-My-World (Post 342958)
Lisa's right hand woman

And stylophone virtuoso :)

This was a seriously nice thing, just reinforces that we are following the best band in the world :)

Yetzirah 01-29-2009 06:05 PM

well, i received my copy of sea sew today and i just wanted to say thank you sooooooo much, una, for organizing this for me and another huuuuge thank you for getting it signed! you can't imagine how much this means to me! :icon_flow

eva_arg 01-29-2009 06:24 PM

cool! signed and all!! good one, Una :icon_thum

Wheels 01-29-2009 07:14 PM

Awesome, well done Una.

Triskel2004 01-29-2009 08:47 PM

That really is a sweet gesture-not the sort of customer service you would get in most record stores(exception being Road Recs of course.....will Sir Bonio step in?!)
Anyhow Una I just wanted to say I have misplaced my prestine copy of Hot Press with Lisa on the cover and wondered if you had found a spare one signed lying around!!!
Thought not! :oP

Rai 01-29-2009 08:56 PM

Una rocks! Hip-hip hooray!

verenita 01-29-2009 11:51 PM

i´m glad for you, jo!
una is just the best!... i will never forget how much you help me and care about my request :)