The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Musician Stuff (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Insane cover (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14744)

Nine 08-14-2007 02:35 AM

Insane cover

hello guys :)

Lindsay suggested I cover insane - so I've done the first verse and chorus. Apologies for the horrible cut - I choked on the chorus first time and couldn't be bothered to retake the whole thing.

Here we are!

cille 08-14-2007 08:05 AM

Will listen to this as soon as I come home today.
No wait, there's the Smashing pumpkins gig - well maybe it'll make a nice encore for my sore ears tonight after the gig

Ewwa 08-14-2007 08:54 AM

Hollie I love your cover! Sounds really powerful.... brilliant! :hello2:

Lindsay 08-16-2007 06:59 PM

ahhh!!.....hehe have I mentioned lately how much I love it:smiley4: .....have I adequately described how I can't get enough of it:smiley4:.......Nine it's increeeeeeeedible.... :icon_pray :icon_pray :icon_pray :icon_pray

(eeek.....am I even allowed in this area....I sweeeear I could learn how to play that triangle thingy if I tried really hard :smiley2: :smiley1: )

ste_swann 08-16-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsay
ahhh!!.....hehe have I mentioned lately how much I love it:smiley4: .....have I adequately described how I can't get enough of it:smiley4:.......Nine it's increeeeeeeedible.... :icon_pray :icon_pray :icon_pray :icon_pray

(eeek.....am I even allowed in this area....I sweeeear I could learn how to play that triangle thingy if I tried really hard :smiley2: :smiley1: )

ahahah you'll make me die soon

administrator 08-16-2007 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsay

no lindsay, you're banned from this area!

( just kidding! ) :smiley36:

Lindsay 08-16-2007 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by administrator
no lindsay, you're banned from this area!

( just kidding! ) :smiley36:

haha....soooo funny Mr. Admin :p

oh and so sorry ste swann :smiley4: ....hehe, it's a full on love affair at this point, I just can't get enough of it!!

cille 08-16-2007 08:50 PM

^can i watch?

ok that came out creepy.

Hollie really is amazing. If I'd only been that crafted at, what, 18? *jaw drops*

ThenGoInsane 09-15-2007 01:51 PM

I really enjoyed this. What tab do you use?

Great job, my favo damo song as well...such an emotional powerful song.

Bob

happy2bhere 09-15-2007 03:18 PM

:icon_pray :icon_kidr :icon_pray :icon_kidr :icon_pray :icon_kidr :icon_pray :icon_pray :icon_kidr :icon_pray :D

Wow, Hollie. If your not snapped up and made a star, i'll eat the contents of my freezer! Is there a cover you can't do Hollie?!!! I put it to the igloo that we challange her (if she has time and of course wants to!) to cover a nominated cheesy song, in a Gary Jules stylee.....

Nine 10-03-2007 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happy2bhere
:icon_pray :icon_kidr :icon_pray :icon_kidr :icon_pray :icon_kidr :icon_pray :icon_pray :icon_kidr :icon_pray :D

Wow, Hollie. If your not snapped up and made a star, i'll eat the contents of my freezer! Is there a cover you can't do Hollie?!!! I put it to the igloo that we challange her (if she has time and of course wants to!) to cover a nominated cheesy song, in a Gary Jules stylee.....

hahaha, don't know how I missed this post! That sounds like fun!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThenGoInsane
I really enjoyed this. What tab do you use?

Great job, my favo damo song as well...such an emotional powerful song.

Bob

Thanks chum :) I didn't use a tab - (embarrassingly, I never learned to read it...) I try my best to work things out by ear... it often results in me getting it wrong!
x

dboyd 10-03-2007 09:27 PM

awesome job hollie! i love it!!

ilovemike 10-22-2007 12:15 PM

oh my gosh this is reallllllllly impressive!!

how long have you been playing? did you teach yousrelf?

Nine 10-22-2007 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemike
oh my gosh this is reallllllllly impressive!!

how long have you been playing? did you teach yousrelf?

Thanks dude :) I've been playing for 2 and a half years now I think. I started off teaching myself, then had lessons with a brilliant teacher for a couple of months to push me on a bit, and since then have continued to teach myself. Thanks very much!!! xxx

ilovemike 10-23-2007 09:43 AM

ah wow im having lessons at the moment but i dont think im very good!! what did you use to teach yourself like books or internet or something?

and your so lucky having such a nice voice!!

Nine 10-23-2007 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemike
ah wow im having lessons at the moment but i dont think im very good!! what did you use to teach yourself like books or internet or something?

and your so lucky having such a nice voice!!

Well yeah I got a really good little book I think it was called 'The guitar handbook' or something, and it's just a really simple little book which basically shows you all the finger placements for all main chords, and 7ths and 9ths etc. It was really helpful - and once I could string them together I was able to start having fun!!

I also made a promise never to learn to read tab, or use tab sites to let me know how to play a song - unless I was totally desperate. I sent my self through rather painstaking sessions of sitting and listening to a song trying to work it out by ear! It was really hard at first but I'm so glad I did it, because now working stuff out, providing it's simple, comes much easier, and it really helped me in the actual learning process too!

Good luck with it, I hope it goes well, stick with it!!
xx