The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien's Gigs (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The Box 10/16 (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17324)

melodie 10-17-2014 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conanemily (Post 376446)
I record the whole gig (audio only) with my phone.

Try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/19h6t2crb9...90654.m4a?dl=0

let me know if this works!

thank you so much!! glad everyone had such a good time.

jwelsh8 10-17-2014 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesoleInBoston (Post 376450)
How was security? I'm going to the Saturday show and I roll with a pretty serious camera (no flash, I promise!!). Did they search bags for cameras?

I wasn't searched at all. There was a pretty big camera in front of us (tall guy with cap).

I will say some people don't know how to turn the flash off on their mobile devices. Grr.

amyyhc 10-17-2014 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwelsh8 (Post 376455)
I wasn't searched at all. There was a pretty big camera in front of us (tall guy with cap).

I will say some people don't know how to turn the flash off on their mobile devices. Grr.

same here I wasnt searched at all
I just walked right in

acquadigio 10-17-2014 03:29 AM

thanks so much for the audios, pics and clips everyone

InspirationDestination 10-17-2014 03:33 AM

Some guy had a serious, visible camera strapped around him. Someone talked to him but don't know what they said or what restrictions he had to follow. He was able to keep it though and take pictures.

madhat181 10-17-2014 03:36 AM

Did anyone stick around to see him after the show?

InspirationDestination 10-17-2014 03:41 AM

I really wanted to! Some guy in the audience invited him to the shake shack, but he said he couldn't hang out because he was going back to bed. Poor fella!

conanemily 10-17-2014 03:41 AM

a short clip from Volcano: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ond7sxwq9...7.MOV.mov?dl=0

Thanks to Sally who was standing next to me! :)

InspirationDestination 10-17-2014 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conanemily (Post 376461)
a short clip from Volcano: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ond7sxwq9...7.MOV.mov?dl=0

It was so much fun to watch you guys, with him coordinating everything! You were great! Guitar guy was sooo good!

wmacson 10-17-2014 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conanemily (Post 376461)

Amazing quality! Thank you (and Sally)!

CoffeeFlavoredEverything 10-17-2014 03:54 AM

Photo of the four singers on stage: http://i.imgur.com/fiDsVyw.png

My husband happened to get one, albeit somewhat blurry due to zoom. I wish he got the guitarist in there as well!

CoffeeFlavoredEverything 10-17-2014 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspirationDestination (Post 376458)
Some guy had a serious, visible camera strapped around him. Someone talked to him but don't know what they said or what restrictions he had to follow. He was able to keep it though and take pictures.

I was pretty sad I didn't take the risk to bring my big camera (or even my smaller one besides my phone) to take photos. I did get a particularly good one of Damien with the phone, though. I'll post tomorrow when my eyes aren't closing from the sheer exhaustion the excitement tonight caused!

melodie 10-17-2014 04:13 AM

i'm getting so emotional just listening to the recording. he sounds incredible.

cmigliaccio 10-17-2014 04:23 AM

So was anyone able to get a ticket at the door?

signalfire 10-17-2014 04:24 AM

Oh wow, that setlist. I'm hoping he'll play Insane again! I was at another gig tonight, so I haven't had a chance to check out all the video/photos/audio, but after the next two shows, I will. So glad he's feeling better and that everyone had an amazing time. Thank you for sharing!

Cremallero 10-17-2014 04:53 AM

It all came full circle tonight. His music coming into my life, the experiences he is the soundtrack of, and now the experience of seeing him in person. Moments like tonight make me know life is good and I am heading in the right direction. Incredible energy, Incredible talent. Incredible evening. Simply, thank you.

And none of it's possible without fellow eskimofriend Brian taking a flyer on a complete stranger and selling an extra ticket the night of the show. Thank you, my friend. A pleasure.

(I was the guy with the shaved head and glasses, stood next to the guy who went on stage and played the guitar, and the lovely asian woman/fellow eskimofriend who went onstage and sang wonderfully, magical job, guys)

conanemily 10-17-2014 05:34 AM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...4202b2c8027299

I can't sleep!!

Annaa09 10-17-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspirationDestination (Post 376419)
Could say that it was one of the best experiences of my life and really mean it!! Tiny venue and we were sitting on the steps of the stage. He's still sick, but not dizzy anymore. He said he can only hear out of one ear. You could tell he was sick, but he sounded amazing!

He was sweet and fun. He said the audience was so close, he could spit on us! I'm in a daze, so can't give complete details with accuracy. He took requests! He played Box, MFFF, IDWTCY, and obscure songs! Insane! SAND!! What if I'm wrong! Lonelily! He couldn't remember the lyrics to some of the rare songs.He joked that we would put the videos on YouTube and say he was ****e (or something to that effect). NEVER! Forgetting lyrics made him more charming.

Can't wait to do it again tomorrow. Life is good!

That sounds SO amazing!! I can't wait for Amsterdam!! The setlist is pretty mind-blowing too!!

dawno 10-17-2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmigliaccio (Post 376469)

Not that I saw. If you weren't on the list, you weren't getting in. Lots of VIPs from record labels were in attendance.

I was wrong, I just saw in another thread that Amy was able to buy a ticket for cash. I did not witness anyone else do so, and I was waiting at the box office for awhile as I was a +1 and my party wasn't yet there.

dawno 10-17-2014 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoffeeFlavoredEverything (Post 376466)
I was pretty sad I didn't take the risk to bring my big camera (or even my smaller one besides my phone) to take photos. I did get a particularly good one of Damien with the phone, though. I'll post tomorrow when my eyes aren't closing from the sheer exhaustion the excitement tonight caused!

I had my Canon in my bag and never even pulled it out. I was too enthralled with his performance. Of course, I regret that now. Perhaps I'll try on Sat.

eva_arg 10-17-2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amyyhc (Post 376451)

thanks!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by conanemily (Post 376446)
I record the whole gig (audio only) with my phone.

Try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/19h6t2crb9...90654.m4a?dl=0

let me know if this works!

thank you so much, listening now :icon_pray

borneoman 10-17-2014 11:32 AM

the show was unbelievable, out of this world!!!! it´s like he only wanted to do rare songs... MFFF in full, What If I´m Wrong, Lonelily more or less in full, Sand and Insane, it was crazy!!!!!! haven´t recovered of the experience yet!!

I took some videos but was kinda dark for my camera, will try to up them to yt later

conanemily 10-17-2014 11:40 AM

anyone got the full version of Volcano pls let me know :o)
I barely slept last night, listening to the recording... the quality was surprisingly good!!

conanemily 10-17-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cremallero (Post 376472)
It all came full circle tonight. His music coming into my life, the experiences he is the soundtrack of, and now the experience of seeing him in person. Moments like tonight make me know life is good and I am heading in the right direction. Incredible energy, Incredible talent. Incredible evening. Simply, thank you.

And none of it's possible without fellow eskimofriend Brian taking a flyer on a complete stranger and selling an extra ticket the night of the show. Thank you, my friend. A pleasure.

(I was the guy with the shaved head and glasses, stood next to the guy who went on stage and played the guitar, and the lovely asian woman/fellow eskimofriend who went onstage and sang wonderfully, magical job, guys)

Thank you !! I think I saw you too! everyone did a great job. It was amazing to sing my part for the whole house, haha.

Joyful 10-17-2014 12:08 PM

What a setlist!! So happy for you all. Sounds like a magical evening.

jwelsh8 10-17-2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmigliaccio (Post 376469)

Our friend was able to buy a ticket for cash as well.

borneoman 10-17-2014 12:15 PM

I´m upping some videos, I upped Lonelilly, Sand and MFFF, but they´re being processed now!!! the videos are kinda shaky cos of my coffee overdose before the gig in order to stay awake :D

Lonelilly

Sand

Cannot believe what an incredibile setlist we got!!! People were shouting all kind of requests but he was very biased toward the rare songs!!! and he kept saying he was sorry for the "normal fans" and every now and then he was playing a "greatest hit" like Cannonball for them :)

but I liked it he also played the newies, the 4 he did were all incredible!! MFFF in particular was amazing, two parts with his normal voice and one final part in falsetto!

Joyful 10-17-2014 12:34 PM

I am so jealous right now. He sounds so great. Thanks for the videos, audio, pics and stories.

carrroline 10-17-2014 01:40 PM

Thanks so much for the recording, the videos and the reviews.

What an amazing show!

poetess85 10-17-2014 01:55 PM

Such an amazing set list. I'm glad everyone had a great time and a few people got on stage. Did Damien play the piano at all? Also, were people upstairs at all at the box or could everyone stand on the main level? I can't wait to be at the show tomorrow!