The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   what made you smile today? (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9758)

Aisling 12-07-2005 05:08 PM

what made you smile today?

a.k.a the happy thread.
just now when i was coming to this computer lab in college there was a little boy walking behind me, then he ran in front of me, hand held a door open for me to go through. we were on a long corridor with loads of doors and he kept running ahead of me so that he could hold each door.. it was so cute because he was so small, a whole lot of effort had to go into actually opening the door. i thought it was the sweetest thing!! and im still smiling because of him (i hope he didnt get lost)
so here, i want everyone to acknowledge something that made you smile during the day. it makes the day so much better. i think.

Arpie 12-07-2005 05:14 PM

Aw that's so cute. :D

Hmm...finding a red Christmas novelty KitKat tin, full of KitKats. Yum... ;) Quite materialistic I know.

Aisling 12-07-2005 05:26 PM

lol. seriously, kitkats are so underrated!

Uno- X 12-07-2005 05:39 PM

Somebody special telling me, I love you Una :) I'm grinning like a feck. Actually I'm grinning every day then!

Yetzirah 12-07-2005 05:43 PM

Reading a stupid comment from a person I never expected to be so direct. :D

ayco 12-07-2005 06:04 PM

some of my weird classmates. just watching them makes me smile for hours.

origami 12-07-2005 06:18 PM

me and my flat mate couldnt afford a xmas tree this year :smiley13: but dont worry we are going home on the 16th and we have trees there!!!woohoo. anyway back to the story....so we decided to make one...now being uni students we automatically have a huge road cone sitting in our hall way and we thought???hey y not! so yes, seeing a big bright orange cone dressed as a christmas tree, with fake presents underneith it and a naked barbie with paper wings as the angle on top of the xmas made me laugh! so much that i fell to the floor in pain!!!hahahahahhahaha

Lazy Life 12-07-2005 08:59 PM

My Christmas list. :D

Dominic’s Christmas List

• Ryan Adams – 29 CD (doesn’t come out until the 19th of December)
• Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy DVD
• Call Of Duty 2 (PC Game)
• The Complete Annotated "Grateful Dead" Lyrics by David Dodd (book)
• Flight Of The Nighthawks by Raymond E. Feist (book)
• The Grateful Dead – Aoxomoxoa CD
• The Grateful Dead – Live/Dead CD
• Bob Dylan: No Direction Home DVD
• Bob Dylan: No Direction Home (Bootleg Series Vol.7) CD

Which fails to mention a purple semi-acoustic guitar.

I told my Mum that my guitar is enough for me, but she made me write a list anyway :(

~Aoife~ 12-07-2005 11:23 PM

This thread made me smile.

What a great idea...

gomezxico 12-08-2005 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Life
My Christmas list. :D

Dominic’s Christmas List

• Ryan Adams – 29 CD (doesn’t come out until the 19th of December)
• Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy DVD
• Call Of Duty 2 (PC Game)
• The Complete Annotated "Grateful Dead" Lyrics by David Dodd (book)
• Flight Of The Nighthawks by Raymond E. Feist (book)
• The Grateful Dead – Aoxomoxoa CD
• The Grateful Dead – Live/Dead CD
• Bob Dylan: No Direction Home DVD
• Bob Dylan: No Direction Home (Bootleg Series Vol.7) CD

Which fails to mention a purple semi-acoustic guitar.

Wow! you sure go right to the point, no trouble in picking out gifts fro you :p

being told my nephew looks like me and making my mom laugh.

Gatsby 12-08-2005 04:52 AM

when u feel kinda low and down and knowing that a friend can ring you and go for a pint and have a laugh and make everything fit right in its place

friendship is what made me smile today:smiley1:

Rovena 12-08-2005 05:05 AM

Writing an awesome English research paper...even though I didnt get a minute of sleep last night (over 30 hours without sleeping)

This thread...:smiley32:

A text message, saying "I miss you"...and knowing that the person who said it really meant it..

SisterMidnight 12-08-2005 06:29 AM

beautiful soul-soothing music :smiley1:

cille 12-08-2005 09:46 AM

my sweet colleagues :)
melissas flattering myspace messages :) :)

Juzzza 12-08-2005 10:06 AM

Couple of things...

First, as I was taking my son (he is 6) to school, I asked him about the Christmas Cards he was taking for his friends... he had written 'Free Card Inside' on the envelopes... now as a marketer, I thought how cute! My kid is a natural!

But it turns out he actually put two cards in each envelope, so his friends could decorate their own card and pass it on to their friends... now the miserable, suspicious bastard that I am made me say "Did you do that so they send the card back to you?" He went quiet for a minute and then said:

"Good idea Daddy, next time I will put two free cards inside!"

And the other thing that made me smile is that the NYC version of Sold, is going to be Track of the Day at Garageband.com on 15 December. The old acoustic version of Sold was Track of the Day back in July 2004!

Yetzirah 12-08-2005 10:51 AM

Justin's story :smiley4:

Hendrik 12-08-2005 10:55 AM

The cute, yellow grin smiley.

Yetzirah 12-08-2005 11:05 AM

To know that I have to cope with just two more weeks at work! Yay!

marina 12-08-2005 12:08 PM

im going home in 15 days i cant wait i cant wait!!!!

eims 12-08-2005 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by origami
me and my flat mate couldnt afford a xmas tree this year :smiley13: but dont worry we are going home on the 16th and we have trees there!!!woohoo. anyway back to the story....so we decided to make one...now being uni students we automatically have a huge road cone sitting in our hall way and we thought???hey y not! so yes, seeing a big bright orange cone dressed as a christmas tree, with fake presents underneith it and a naked barbie with paper wings as the angle on top of the xmas made me laugh! so much that i fell to the floor in pain!!!hahahahahhahaha

well we did mange to get a tree for our communal kitchen... twas smuggled from a forest in the back of a car me thinks! ... but twas fun pullin the crackers on it late last night when we came home from the union, after dancin in the rrain for an unnecessary length iof time! anyway..
yeah, going home next sat makes me smile :) :)

steveboswell 12-08-2005 02:42 PM

1: :smiley36:

2: A girl who passed me on the way to lectures this morning. She had her personal stereo on, and it was obviously her favourite song, because she skipped up onto the pavement with the biggest grin on her face. That made me smile today. :smiley1:

Bozz

Aisling 12-08-2005 09:01 PM

a really nice maths paper first thing this morning...

BIG TIM 12-10-2005 03:51 AM

Justin I have to say that is one of the cutest stories I've heard in a long time, thats gold.

you'll have hallmark ringing at your door.

Things that make me smile: I work in a call centre and there is a lovely young lass that sits on the other end of the floor who's voice noticably changes when i go through to her for an inqurie. big smiles all around...

oh yea and puppies!

maryb21 12-10-2005 04:24 AM

so cute!!

that´s so cute!!!! that would make me smile too...today my best friend made me smile, she is a thousand miles away from me, i am in Colombia and she is in Florida, U.S. :( :smiley13:

Jarmuschrules 12-10-2005 08:51 AM

a girls nice behind

Aisling 12-10-2005 09:10 AM

lol its the simple pleasures really
a sweet pm from an unknown eskimo.

cille 12-10-2005 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG TIM
I work in a call centre and there is a lovely young lass that sits on the other end of the floor who's voice noticably changes when i go through to her for an inqurie. big smiles all around...

ooh i work in a sort of a callcenter too and the most beautiful girl i've ever seen (not model-beautiful, she just oozes the beauty of someone who isn't aware of it herself) was recently hired and i just love to look at her through the day - being near to her even makes me blush...

...my boyfriend says he allows me to have an office girl crush, god (whoever she is) bless tolerant men... :smiley14: :rolleyes: :smiley2:

toffeepop 12-10-2005 06:32 PM

finishing one part of the b-day present for a friend of mine (don't laugh it's a spongebob & patrick fairy light, she loves that cartoon)

Uno- X 12-10-2005 06:47 PM

Cilley, tolerant? no such thing when it comes to 2 ladies ;) Only their fantasies

Yetzirah 12-10-2005 10:03 PM

^ :smiley4:

Having a fantastic day with family and friends. One time this one time that - and most of all going to a concert of my former choir which I now gave up that I'm gonna leave performing part 1-3 of the Weihnachtsoratorium by J.S. Bach, my favoutite composer.
Just a great day!!! :smiley17: