The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien's Gigs (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Pittsburgh (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17665)

cookienator 06-19-2015 06:01 PM

Pittsburgh

Did anyone go to the Pittsburgh show? I see he finally did accidental babies!! I'm curious if it was on piano or guitar.

mikerennie 06-19-2015 08:13 PM

I think we need to start a Damien Rice street team and start recruiting members from around the world to report in on concerts.

davidcotyalex 06-19-2015 08:35 PM

once upon a time there was this cool dude named emmett...........

and then our man when on hiatus

verenita 06-19-2015 09:01 PM

well... emmett is in ireland, so i don´t think he would know ;)

cookienator 06-19-2015 09:03 PM

I would be more than happy to become an official correspondent. Accepting donations for all future concert expenditures ;)

borneoman 06-20-2015 08:26 AM

If he did accidental babies sure it was on guitar, hes done it before
No piano on stage this tour

borneoman 06-20-2015 08:34 AM

from setlistfm

Cannonball
Colour me in
9 crimes
Bastard
Older chests
Change you
Trusty and true
Accidental babies
The box
I remember
Long long way
Volcano

The blowers daughter
It takes a lot

Looks like a great setlist to me

borneoman 06-20-2015 08:45 AM

Many youtubes but no Acc Babies yet

Looks like he did the 15 min version of It Takes a Lot
introduced as a song about finding the differences between a penis and a vagina
LOL
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H1trzcJXlFo

glo32 06-20-2015 09:02 AM

great that he played Accidental Babies! It's been too long

DesoleInBoston 06-20-2015 02:51 PM

http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/music...s/201506200025

Sheslin 06-20-2015 06:59 PM

It was a great show and a nice surprise to hear Accidental Babies. Great crowd - great sound - cool venue. Trusty and True was amazing. I was glad he sang Older Chests.

borneoman 06-20-2015 08:46 PM

Was Acc babies a request??

InspirationDestination 06-21-2015 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikerennie (Post 382955)
I think we need to start a Damien Rice street team and start recruiting members from around the world to report in on concerts.

I signed up for the OLD street team and introduced him to so many people in grad school. No one stuck in with me. :(

Glad Emmett and Wheels keeps this place running for the diehards. :icon_pray

Next US tour, I say we rent our own tour bus and follow him around. Not weird at all and who needs to work anyway. :smiley5:

glo32 06-21-2015 12:53 PM

Sad to say that, but forums seem to be too obsolete these days and it's hard to have new members that specifically sign up to report from gigs.
I have been through the same with the ninecrimes website and things got really better when we opened a facebook group. It's sad that these days all comes up to facebook and social network but, facing reality, that's where all the people hang out now and that's where they post photos, videos and reviews of the things they experience...

Not sure if the street teams are still a thing... They worked maybe ten years ago but now, I think we should simply have a better presence on social network, to engage more people.
Just to stick with the example above - the ninecrimes facebook group (which is private but everyone can request the access) has many people writing now. In the forum it's still very few of us that can't let go.
It's sad to say that because I love forums. Nothing is as organized and user-friendly as in forums. And that's where true friendships get born. I met a lot of people in forums throughout the years and I consider many of them my friends. I don't think that's the case with social networks... But we live in a time where people want notifications to tell them what's happening, they want hashtags etc.

And yes, it's great that the diehards are still on here. I love this forum, and loved how it was filled with people and comments around 2004-2007. I loved the internet much more then :(

sorry for the banter!

Sheslin 06-21-2015 03:26 PM

He mentioned before he started Accidental Babies that it had been requested but it was not like people were shouting out requests - at least not that I could hear. The guitar version was great.

Sheslin 06-21-2015 03:30 PM

Review...http://www.timesonline.com/columnist...2834d94cd.html

mikerennie 06-21-2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheslin (Post 382984)

"The question now is do I put him before or after Sheeran?" - is this writer kidding me with this? I like Sheeran but come on, he's a little baby compared to Damien.

Glo32. Spot on about social Media ruining things. I too have met and made great fans/friends on this discussion board. Probably more so than I would on Facebook.

davidcotyalex 06-21-2015 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glo32 (Post 382982)
Sad to say that, but forums seem to be too obsolete these days and it's hard to have new members that specifically sign up to report from gigs.
I have been through the same with the ninecrimes website and things got really better when we opened a facebook group. It's sad that these days all comes up to facebook and social network but, facing reality, that's where all the people hang out now and that's where they post photos, videos and reviews of the things they experience...

Not sure if the street teams are still a thing... They worked maybe ten years ago but now, I think we should simply have a better presence on social network, to engage more people.
Just to stick with the example above - the ninecrimes facebook group (which is private but everyone can request the access) has many people writing now. In the forum it's still very few of us that can't let go.
It's sad to say that because I love forums. Nothing is as organized and user-friendly as in forums. And that's where true friendships get born. I met a lot of people in forums throughout the years and I consider many of them my friends. I don't think that's the case with social networks... But we live in a time where people want notifications to tell them what's happening, they want hashtags etc.

And yes, it's great that the diehards are still on here. I love this forum, and loved how it was filled with people and comments around 2004-2007. I loved the internet much more then :(

sorry for the banter!

what she said......you were always far more eloquent lol

damien lisa 06-21-2015 06:07 PM

cheese, i was once check out sheeran stuff, really wasted time

verenita 06-22-2015 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glo32 (Post 382982)

sorry for the banter!

i think i´d be redundant if i said how much i love this place (my "most of nonsense" posts speak for themselves :p) and how grateful i am to emm and to wheels for keeping it running and looking after it, although they don´t post ofter anymore... and to everybody who stops by to share whatever. i would be a complete outcast if it wasn´t for the igloo and the lovely eskimo friends, as i´m (proudly) not on any of the social media network.

back to the set list, glad to hear accidental babies is back :D