The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   August Dublin gigs. (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10909)

#Ian# 07-19-2006 12:54 PM

August Dublin gigs.

Dublin Shows Announced </B>
Damien will play 2 Irish shows in Vicar Street, Dublin on the 29th & 30th August.

Along with the full band - Lisa Hannigan, Tom Osander, Vyvienne Long & Shane Fitzsimons, 2 additional musican's will be peforming with the band on the night - Joel Shearer on guitar and Cora Venus Lunny on viola/violin.

Special guests on the night will be
Fionn Regan & Pedestrian.

Tickets go on sale this Saturday, 22nd July at 10am. Tickets are available from Road Records and Sound Cellar in Dublin and from Ticketmaster outlets nationwide - www.ticketmaster.ie / 0818 719 300 .

Miss Pink 07-19-2006 01:48 PM

thank christ

Bumpman 07-19-2006 02:08 PM

Aye. Thank Christ indeed.

tj 07-19-2006 02:12 PM

Where did this info come from?

I have noticed something lately that's got to me a little. Shows in Ireland are being announced a few days before the tickets go on sale. I've noticed this with alot of shows lately. Whatever happened the days when a show would be announced weeks and weeks in advance. Where will I get the money from?! Hehe...

tj 07-19-2006 02:13 PM

Reading back on that post I noticed I seemed a little selfconcerened.. That's great news! To anyone who gets tix before me: Enjoy!!

Bumpman 07-19-2006 02:28 PM

Having had fifteen minutes to consider these developments I now realise that he's playing the shows on monday and tuesday to warm up before the big one on friday. This means that the band at the Picnic will in all probability be a 7-piece. Who will be following my example and going to all three shows? Furthermore to this how many of us will find it easier to reduce the number of shows to two, if the predicted timing clash between Devendra Banhart and Damo does in fact happen at the Electric Picnic?

Miss Pink 07-19-2006 02:30 PM

sean can u say that in pinky english? some times ur posts confuse me.

im going to the picnic tho

Bumpman 07-19-2006 02:37 PM

Damien = good music
Devendra = good music

I may have to make a choice... Devendra won without me having to think.

Anja 07-19-2006 02:38 PM

wääähh :smiley19: why does this always happen to me i cant believe it!!! Why do i have such a bad luck arrrrgh. I am in Ireland until the 21rst of August ahhhhh :smiley13:

Bumpman 07-19-2006 02:41 PM

Buy a cheap flight for 9 days later...

administrator 07-19-2006 03:31 PM

thanks ian!

scarlet_panto 07-19-2006 05:54 PM

sounds cool. though it's getting to me as there's so much live music around and none i could possibly attend. so yanka, i know how you feel (wrong place, wrong time, i suppose..)
i'll be staying in england (dover) at that time but i don't think i could afford a flight over as i'm somewhat broke (it's become something like a standard though, so i should be used to it by now :smiley29: )
so anyone who's going: make sure you enjoy it a lot! and even a little more than that for everyone of us that can't make it =)

tywy 07-19-2006 06:01 PM

****! I'm in Canada (went to see him last night actually :P) and I'm gonna have to get up at 5am to get tickets!!

tywy 07-19-2006 06:05 PM

it says there are presale tickets onsale tomorrow at 10am, what does this mean? There is no mention of it on damienrice.com but it says on ticketmaster.ie if you click more info that there are presale tickets onsale on thursday

Timeé 07-19-2006 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yanka
wääähh :smiley19: why does this always happen to me i cant believe it!!! Why do i have such a bad luck arrrrgh. I am in Ireland until the 21rst of August ahhhhh :smiley13:

haha anja you yanka.

THANK CHRIST INDEED

Bumpman 07-19-2006 06:26 PM

Presale's are always shrouded in mystery. Usually they're just for people in the industry and stuff... the rest of us plebs have to wait. Not to worry though, the pre-sale ticket allocation won't be too serious, and as long as you're awake in time on saturday morning you shouldn't have a problem. Especially if you've set up a ticketmaster account prior to buying the tickets, it speeds things up quite a bit and it's fairly simple... like filling out the long forms prior to the crucial moment.

administrator 07-19-2006 06:59 PM

at the end of my damienrice.com mailing list there was presale info:

A limited number of tickets go on PRESALE (to the mailing list) tomorrow Thursday 20th July, at 10am via the following link: http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/1497. Password - CANNON

Bumpman 07-19-2006 07:25 PM

Hooray for emmett...

hbhdaem 07-19-2006 08:06 PM

wow...24th-radiohead aug, 29th and 30th and 1st-damien rice...my brain is finding this quite hard to comprehend...wow...

Aisling 07-19-2006 08:35 PM

holy magoly...

cille 07-19-2006 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpman
Damien = good music
Devendra = good music

I may have to make a choice... Devendra won without me having to think.

i have seen both live and would go for damien any day - maybe i was just unlucky with the night i saw devendra, but there was just something pretentious about his act - PLUS he and the band were so drunk already when they started playing, and it just got worse from then on - i left the gig, cause towards the end it sounded so horrible i couldn't stand it.

i also saw devendra at roskilde last year, and it wasn't all that. i dunno, i just feel there's something false about him; maybe i'm wrong.

damien, on the other hand, gave me the greatest musical experience of my life.

Gatsby 07-19-2006 09:54 PM

gah i just got home for this news and im at two minds about going

im far too broke to even consider it..

but where theres a will theres a way

eskimoiowa 07-19-2006 09:58 PM

what are the chances I could get to and from Ireland from the states for less than a grand?? I wanna go!!

SisterMidnight 07-20-2006 04:16 AM

the last time i checked it cost about $650 round trip if you fly out of chicago to dublin around those dates.. but then you have lodging and expenses to think about (unless you have a friend to stay with) so i bet it could easily get up over $1000 in just a few days..

it's still very tempting though, isn't it? :smiley2:

SimonWales 07-20-2006 09:05 AM

Got my tickets :-) Looks like standing at Vicar St ..... so that'll increase the capacity a fair bit.

Better when it's unreserved seating at those lovely tables...

tywy 07-20-2006 09:08 AM

got me tickets for both nights! It's 5am here, so back to bed for me :smiley36:

Closing_Doors 07-20-2006 09:08 AM

Yeah grabbed tickets for both nights :smiley20:

Really looking forward to this, it's been far too long!

tywy 07-20-2006 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Closing_Doors
Yeah grabbed tickets for both nights :smiley20:

Really looking forward to this, it's been far too long!

I hear ya! Saw him for the first time in over 2 years on Tuesday night

#Ian# 07-20-2006 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimonWales
Got my tickets :-) Looks like standing at Vicar St ..... so that'll increase the capacity a fair bit.

Better when it's unreserved seating at those lovely tables...

I've got 3. Unreserved seating it great if you're willing to put in the effort to que early to get a good spot. I got first row sitting in between where Damien and Lisa's mics were set up. Bo selecta was popular at the time and Damien made some joke to which Lisa responded (off mic) with a "HEE HEE" but no "shamon mother****er". If it's gonna be a rockier show then it'll be better standing.

tywy 07-20-2006 09:12 AM

it might be seats....unreserved seating is upstairs I thought. I've got standing tickets before and there has been seats downstairs...who knows