The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   www.EskimoFriends.com (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What do we miss from the old igloo? (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7737)

cille 03-04-2005 11:57 AM

What do we miss from the old igloo?

Ok, don't mean to spread negative vibes here or anything, cause this new igloo certainly is lovely,

i just miss some features from the old format:

- the 'introduce yourself' forum for welcoming new members - i think this forum had a lot to do with the friendly atmos of the igloo, i'd really love to get that back

- the 'latest post' feature at the bottom of the front page was great too, then you could see where 'the buzz' was RIGHT HERE AND NOW, and it made the dialogue very dynamic, almost chat room-like at times - i liked that :smiley4:

could we get any of these thingies back perhaps?

*Killian* 03-04-2005 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cillecille

- the 'latest post' feature at the bottom of the front page was great too, then you could see where 'the buzz' was RIGHT HERE AND NOW, and it made the dialogue very dynamic, almost chat room-like at times - i liked that :smiley4:

me too, i also liked that the user info was on the left of the post, rather than on top

Wheels 03-04-2005 12:25 PM

Cille... those features are here too!!

The 'Introduce Yourself' forum is exactly as it was...

As for the 'latest post' feature - click the "new posts" button in the middle of the menu bar at the top and you get all the latest posts

*Killian* 03-04-2005 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheels
As for the 'latest post' feature - click the "new posts" button in the middle of the menu bar at the top and you get all the latest posts

cool :smiley20:

cille 03-04-2005 01:31 PM

Quote:

The 'Introduce Yourself' forum is exactly as it was...

:smiley26: sheesh, i have straw for brains today it seems! (or maybe not just today...?:smiley2: )

i swear i was seriously looking and looking and looking for it and couldn't find it:smiley36:

Quote:

yeah but i liked it better when it was there all the time so you couldn't avoid seeing where the action was

Angela 03-04-2005 03:47 PM

Quote:

Is there a way to sort those by forum? I think they are now sorted by posting time. There are certain forums, like the musician's ones, that I never read and it's currently harder to to go through the new posts if I only log on once a day and get two pages full of search results. :smiley24:

Wheels 03-04-2005 04:07 PM

Not that I know of Angela...

Angela 03-04-2005 04:28 PM

Oh, here's another one: in the signature editing dialog there is no way to insert a picture. I miss my penguin. :(

eims 03-04-2005 05:02 PM

The way the date is shown the 'american way'- the month first and then the date!! It confuses me soo much...:) ;)

Wheels 03-04-2005 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eims
The way the date is shown the 'american way'- the month first and then the date!! It confuses me soo much...:) ;)

It's not that way for me... maybe you have to select the format in your profile?

eims 03-04-2005 06:04 PM

i dont think i did, and if i did - i've no idea how to change it! but it's not that bad.. just takes me a while to understand thats all..

Angela 03-04-2005 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cillecille

What about the "last post" column? Do you look at that? It's not *exactly* the same, but it comes close. :smiley30:

I'm slowly getting used to it all :smiley17:

TBone 03-04-2005 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angela
Is there a way to sort those by forum? I think they are now sorted by posting time. There are certain forums, like the musician's ones, that I never read and it's currently harder to to go through the new posts if I only log on once a day and get two pages full of search results. :smiley24:

if you click on new post and look to the right of the post titles it tell you what the forum names are, I think thats what you were looking for...

(i miss being able to put icons in your post not just your title but in your post, i dont think you can, i didnt do it too much, but i do like my options open)

=TBone

PAgirl9 03-04-2005 08:57 PM

I MISS MY STARS!!!!!! I was so proud when I hit three....I felt as though I accomplished something.

Angela 03-04-2005 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBone
if you click on new post and look to the right of the post titles it tell you what the forum names are, I think thats what you were looking for...

(i miss being able to put icons in your post not just your title but in your post, i dont think you can, i didnt do it too much, but i do like my options open)

=TBone

Yes, the forum names are still there, but now I have to look at them all. It used to be sorted before; you know, like all "introduce yourself" threads were together. Now it's all jumbled up. No biggie, though.

To use icons you need to turn on your WYSIWYG edittor. It's somewhere in your User Control Panel. :smiley1:

auhsor 03-05-2005 12:14 AM

I think it looked better when the bar where the name and avatar etc is was to the left of the post. This saves alot of room on the forum I think.

Colbarr 03-05-2005 01:15 AM

it doesn't show wat time everyone posted their replies at

Colbarr 03-05-2005 01:26 AM

also the way i cant type in a link to use my own pic as an avi.

Angela 03-05-2005 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colbarr
it doesn't show wat time everyone posted their replies at

Look right above your avatar: "Today, 08:15 PM" :smiley2: Took me a while to find, too.

Wheels 03-05-2005 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colbarr
also the way i cant type in a link to use my own pic as an avi.

And Emmett is already working on this one...

marloes 03-05-2005 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angela
Yes, the forum names are still there, but now I have to look at them all. It used to be sorted before; you know, like all "introduce yourself" threads were together. Now it's all jumbled up. No biggie, though.

yeah, I agree with Angela on this one. I liked it better when all the new posts were sorted by category, it was more conveniently arranged that way.

maccas81 03-05-2005 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eims

poor old eims, she always was a wee bit slow....... :P

eims 03-05-2005 04:54 PM

^ hey!!! and why are u talking about me in the past tense?! cheeky shaun..

Livo 03-06-2005 03:33 PM

i don't like the way the threads don't have as many posts on one page as they used to. i'm not mental on the colour scheme, and the layout confuses me. it's all a bit too busy for my liking. overall it's a grand forum, but i preferred the old one and a new one is better than none at all.

cille 03-06-2005 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livo
i don't like the way the threads don't have as many posts on one page as they used to.

you can change the number of posts/page in your user cp

the layout confuses me a bit too

Angela 03-06-2005 03:53 PM

Quote:

i don't like the way the threads don't have as many posts on one page as they used to. i'm not mental on the colour scheme, and the layout confuses me. it's all a bit too busy for my liking. overall it's a grand forum, but i preferred the old one and a new one is better than none at all.

I think that is because the user info now runms across the top of each post. Before it was on the left.

auhsor 03-07-2005 08:54 AM

I know you can change the settings somewhere so that the user info is on the left for this type of forum. I go to a coulple of other vBulletin forums and they have it how we are sused to, which I think is better.

Anyways, keep up the good work with maintaining this site :)

Loveless 03-07-2005 03:07 PM

Quote:

i don't like the way the threads don't have as many posts on one page as they used to. i'm not mental on the colour scheme, and the layout confuses me. it's all a bit too busy for my liking. but i preferred the old one and a new one is better than none at all.

ditto here. I can't get used to this new forum either.
But I know a lot of work has gone into getting it back up and running.
Pity we can't have the old forum back, it worked really well - nearly a little too well.

Michelle Joey 03-07-2005 04:46 PM

Yay! Our profiles are back on the left...thanks emmett!!! :smiley1:

Admin2 03-07-2005 04:47 PM

thanks for the feedback... i've just changed the user info to the left hand side. do you have a suggestion for the colour scheme? what about the layout confuses you livo?

i personally prefer this forum to the old forum. what is it that you miss? let me know and i'll try to add it.