The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien's Gigs (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Cork Opera House - 13th September (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18002)

eva_arg 05-15-2019 10:53 AM

Cork Opera House - 13th September
 
as part of Songs From Safe Harbour

*TICKETS ON SALE MONDAY MAY 27TH AT 10AM*


Damien Friday 13th September, €35* tix 4 per person.
Feist Saturday 14th September €35* tix 4 per person.
Tribute to Lhasa Sunday 15th September €35*


https://nialler9.com/sounds-from-a-s...or-2019-event/

Falling At Your Feet 05-15-2019 07:38 PM

Delighted to hear this. This is a remarkable festival, quite different, and full of the unusual.
More info here:
http://soundsfromasafeharbour.com

They drip feed additional acts and art events, over a number of months.

I wonder if there will be a Damien Rice presale for this.

Its not yet confirmed, but i would suspect this will be floor standing, as the previous two festivals have been. This brings capacity up to about 1,600.

Claude 05-16-2019 09:52 AM

Great news !
Thank you Eva.

Falling At Your Feet 05-16-2019 10:08 AM

I had it confirmed to me that this is an all seated gig, therefore capacity will be the all seated number, which is 1,000 approx.

Claude 05-18-2019 11:26 AM

Thanks a lot for the information, Falling At Your Feet !
All Seated !

borneoman 05-20-2019 03:52 PM

seated is good

Falling At Your Feet 05-20-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borneoman (Post 387246)
seated is good

It is good, but, there would have been about 5 to 600 extra people at the gig, if the ground floor seats were remived = tickets which were always going to be hard to obtain, are now even harder to get!

Falling At Your Feet 05-20-2019 09:22 PM

I also just spotted, this gig has a 10pm start time,(totally missed this when gig announced) which is much later than usual, this probably is an indication that festival will have another separate event, on at the same venue prior to Damien.

borneoman 05-22-2019 09:15 AM

noticed the 10pm start time too, weird, seems very very late to me

Falling At Your Feet 05-23-2019 05:12 PM

Are we going to get a presale for this ?

borneoman 05-27-2019 09:57 AM

what a ****ty sale and what a ****ty website they had :/

Falling At Your Feet 05-27-2019 01:26 PM

I lined up at the venue this morning before 8am, so was 2nd to buy, i got what i wanted.
Wasn’t prepared to take a chance online.

borneoman 05-27-2019 01:30 PM

everybody is complaining online, nobody got tix cos the site crashed after 10 secs

borneoman 05-28-2019 05:41 PM

really feel sorry for a lot of fans who didn't get tix
people that grabbed front row tix, went to pay, but then the site crashed so they couldn't pay and lost their seat and ended up ticketless :/

Chrysler 05-28-2019 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borneoman (Post 387265)
really feel sorry for a lot of fans who didn't get tix
people that grabbed front row tix, went to pay, but then the site crashed so they couldn't pay and lost their seat and ended up ticketless :/

i even checked out and paid for the tix (credit card got charged) but the purchase did not get reported back to the cork website, due to their technical errors - so they eventually got available and they sold them again. So i ended up with nothing even though i technically (haha) bought them.

**furious**

Claude 06-05-2019 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falling At Your Feet (Post 387260)
I lined up at the venue this morning before 8am, so was 2nd to buy, i got what i wanted.
Wasn’t prepared to take a chance online.


I'm very happy for you, i didn't know this is always working !
Lining up at the venue...
:icon_thum

Claude 06-05-2019 05:42 AM

I feel sorry for all the fans who couldn't buy a ticket....
:crybaby2:

It was really complicated and stressfull ! A mess !
But finally, with the help of Carole i was able to grab a ticket !
Don't know how, but i've got mine...

Falling At Your Feet 06-06-2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claude (Post 387269)
I'm very happy for you, i didn't know this is always working !
Lining up at the venue...
:icon_thum

It depends if the venue is selling tickets, in this case it was, as are, all events at a Cork Opera House, But a lot of venues do not sell tickets.
However, for any gigs sold on Ticketmaster, the option remains, to line up at a Ticketmaster agent, there are still some of those left in Iteland

Claude 06-07-2019 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falling At Your Feet (Post 387278)
It depends if the venue is selling tickets, in this case it was, as are, all events at a Cork Opera House, But a lot of venues do not sell tickets.
However, for any gigs sold on Ticketmaster, the option remains, to line up at a Ticketmaster agent, there are still some of those left in Iteland


Thanks for the explanations !

Falling At Your Feet 06-19-2019 04:37 PM

The festival has been extended by 3 days, and an official announcement is due tomorrow at 10am, explaining why.

This has led to speculation ( and i stress speculation)that there maybe a second Damien Rice gig in Cork Opera House, or at another venue in Cork

Falling At Your Feet 06-20-2019 09:19 AM

Unfortunately speculation was unfounded, no additional Damien Rice gigs announced, allthough, lots of other diverse range of acts at this festival

Claude 06-20-2019 07:37 PM

Thanks for the news !
Sadly no second gig...

Falling At Your Feet 06-21-2019 09:06 AM

However, at the previous two festivals, some of the festival headliners, have appeared at pop up ”surprise” gigs, at small & intimate venues,which are announced without warning on social media, or, tickets handed out in Cork City Centre.

Falling At Your Feet 08-08-2019 11:43 AM

A few seats have come up in Cork Operahouse:

https://www.corkoperahouse.ie/en-GB/...1&type=&sb2m=1

Claude 08-12-2019 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falling At Your Feet (Post 387299)
A few seats have come up in Cork Operahouse:

https://www.corkoperahouse.ie/en-GB/...1&type=&sb2m=1


Thank you Falling At Your Feet, i hope someone could grab a ticket !
When i tried, the same day you post it, it was too late...
Anyway, i've got my ticket, i can't wait !

Falling At Your Feet 08-13-2019 10:07 PM

Keep checking, as about half the tickets for this gig were never actually sold, so more may comeup. Looks like the festival organisers held back on half the tickets, precisely why, i don’t know. Invited guests would account for some, but not 500 tickets. I did ask, but i got a very vague reply.

Claude 08-25-2019 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falling At Your Feet (Post 387286)
However, at the previous two festivals, some of the festival headliners, have appeared at pop up ”surprise” gigs, at small & intimate venues,which are announced without warning on social media, or, tickets handed out in Cork City Centre.


That could be very interesting !!!

InspirationDestination 09-09-2019 10:49 PM

Long form updates
 
I’m on the Facebook page, but I miss the old posts here. Feeling nostalgic!

Falling At Your Feet 09-10-2019 07:50 AM

Mary Hickson was interviewed recently(festival director), and she said Damien would have a choir for his gig next Friday, sounds good.

Claude 09-11-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspirationDestination (Post 387315)
I’m on the Facebook page, but I miss the old posts here. Feeling nostalgic!


I'm not on Facebook, but i miss a lot of people who certainly are there...
Please come back more if you can ?
;-)


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content copyright © EskimoFriends.com 2002-today. Special thanks to Damien, Lisa, Tomo, Shane & Vyvienne.