The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   sweet avenue (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11142)

uwe 08-23-2006 07:49 PM

sweet avenue

:crybaby2: hi, i need help please... i´ll try to find the the song
"sweet avenue" by damien rice... i cannot find the album... :crybaby2:
uwe, germany

Timeé 08-23-2006 07:54 PM

theres no such thing. i downloaded "sweet avenue" by Damien Rice and it was just some other song. NOT damien rice. it sounded like it was from the t.v. series of the O.C. i think.

it was a good song though.

uwe 08-23-2006 08:07 PM

thanks a lot!!!
by searching the tabs for this song, i found the lyrics
and the artist was written as damien rice...
sorry for my bad english-language,
have a nice evening with good music,
uwe

thesleepingfan 08-28-2006 08:23 PM

Sweet Avenue was done by a band called Jets To Brazil. The Album is called Orange Rhyming Dictionary on Jade Tree Records. The singer of Jets was the singer in Jawbreaker.

verenita 08-29-2006 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesleepingfan
Sweet Avenue was done by a band called Jets To Brazil. The Album is called Orange Rhyming Dictionary on Jade Tree Records. The singer of Jets was the singer in Jawbreaker.

i´m wondering what they mention as a damien´songs? thanks for the information...
it happened to me the same thing with a song called "sad eyes" (enrique iglesias, spanish singer).
btw... i´m listening "me, my joke and i" and this is a song i listened before, but i thought it was called "beat my drum" (not the same version)... anyone can tell me if they´re the same song?

verenita

cille 08-29-2006 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verenita
i´m wondering what they mention as a damien´songs? thanks for the information...
it happened to me the same thing with a song called "sad eyes" (enrique iglesias, spanish singer).
btw... i´m listening "me, my joke and i" and this is a song i listened before, but i thought it was called "beat my drum" (not the same version)... anyone can tell me if they´re the same song?

verenita

the last question first - yes, it's the same song, and the correct title is 'me, my yoke and I'

The false titles and artist describtions for songs probably happen via peer to peer music sharing (via kazaa, limewire, soulseek or whatever the kids use nowadays ;) )

PenguinBoy 08-29-2006 09:26 PM

yeah sweet avenue is a song i think that's been used to kninda rebel and use against p2p sharing. Cos nearly every artist i ever searched for has got a song called "sweet avenue", and i know they're all jets to brazil.

Must be a good way to get ur name out too. Tag it as a popular artist, and put it on p2p and eventually it'll spread lol. and piss people off, but get u exposure at the same time.

Are Jets to Brazil to big for that sort of petty scam?

verenita 08-30-2006 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cille
the last question first - yes, it's the same song, and the correct title is 'me, my yoke and I'

ok!, thanks!! really...
i found "beat my drum" on a zip file: concert at the cork, 2002. that´s why i get confused!

i love both versions!

verenita