The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lisa Hannigan (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   At Swim Preview (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17846)

moodsmaster 08-08-2016 08:28 AM

At Swim Preview

Klick the link and you can listen to little snippets of each song. Sounds very good so far.
http://www.shop.musictoday.com/Produ...875&pc=ATDD199

moodsmaster 08-08-2016 08:33 AM

But be warned, it's just short samples.

saskia 08-08-2016 06:58 PM

Thanks, great find! :hello2:

eva_arg 08-11-2016 01:00 PM

Full album stream here, apparently
http://www.npr.org/2016/08/11/488663...nnigan-at-swim

it doesn't seem to be working for me, maybe it's US only

carrroline 08-11-2016 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eva_arg (Post 385823)
Full album stream here, apparently
http://www.npr.org/2016/08/11/488663...nnigan-at-swim

it doesn't seem to be working for me, maybe it's US only

oooh thanks!
It's working if I use a USA proxy. :hello2:
Listening to Tender now...

verenita 08-11-2016 01:20 PM

i couldn´t find the songs either... and no idea about proxy or anything similar. but i prefer to wait to have the record in my hands anyway :)
enjoy those who are listening!

verenita 08-11-2016 01:30 PM

lisa will be performing and signing records at hmv belfast on 19th of august.
https://twitter.com/hmvBelfast/statu...04150541545474

what a great day to visit one of my favourite cities :D i hope i can make it.

damien lisa 08-11-2016 01:34 PM

that's weird, why it's appear in a proper site, not some leak site before the date

verenita 08-11-2016 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damien lisa (Post 385837)
that's weird, why it's appear in a proper site, not some leak site before the date

they might have paid for streaming, i suppose. clueless here though.

LisaHanniganChile 08-11-2016 03:44 PM

Oh, so sad... :crybaby2: Can someone capture the audio? With his phone, with a potato, I don't care, hahaha.
At least, I have the hope that the album will appear (by net) before August 19. :smiley9:

carrroline 08-11-2016 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaHanniganChile (Post 385843)
Oh, so sad... :crybaby2: Can someone capture the audio? With his phone, with a potato, I don't care, hahaha.
At least, I have the hope that the album will appear (by net) before August 19. :smiley9:

If you install Hola in Chrome (you can get it for free here: http://hola.org/)
You can 'pretend' to be in the US and you'll be able to stream.

eva_arg 08-11-2016 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damien lisa (Post 385844)
well, since it's in proper site here to download

oh come on, that's not nice. Please delete that link. Official material is forbidden, the album is out next week and you're posting a pirated download link. :smiley21:
if you don't want to buy it there will be a stream on proper sites like spotify where you can listen with a free account and you won't damage the artist

eva_arg 08-11-2016 04:26 PM

NPR is offering a stream, not a free download. If you want to download you have to buy it from iTunes, amazon, whatever

carrroline 08-11-2016 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damien lisa (Post 385849)
second actually, the auto download file appear when i was in npr, not just streaming like spotify or deezer

That's because you've installed some kind of plugin or extension to (illegally) download media files. I can assure you that NPR doesn't have the option to download.

damien lisa 08-11-2016 04:38 PM

if u in the site, u can have the link anw. That what i wondered, why it appear in npr that soon, not like deezer or spotify

InspirationDestination 08-11-2016 05:03 PM

Listened all the way through! It's very good because she is just magical. Snow is an early favorite. And, I still think We the Drowned is one of her best. I read somewhere that Dessner didn't want it to sound "pretty" but I think that's impossible with Lisa. Her voice is just gorgeous. It's definitely a bit more haunting because of the echoes and voice layers. Not sure if I like that as much. I need to listen more carefully for the words because she is such a clever lyricist. I'll do that when I get the album. I hope she tours in the US soon!!

carrroline 08-11-2016 06:02 PM

I love Snow as well. At first it sounds deceptively simple, but it's very well crafted.
Overall the album has a very vintage feel to it, as if you found an old dusty record on your grandparents' attic. :)

SillyAnonymousPianist 08-11-2016 06:14 PM

I'm really proud of myself here because I resisted the urge to listen to it before aug-19 !

(yay me, pat on the back and all that)

:smiley32:

Well almost...
So yeah I admit it : Songlike treasures (a.k.a "Snow") I couldn't resist :o !
To my defense I just adooooooore this song soooooooo much !!!
And then well we had it on YouTube from the Boston calling event, and also I experienced live in Newbridge/Kildare...
It's not cheating I mean... Awwwww come on !!!
Oh I feel so weak... :smiley12: But then I soooooo love this song !!!
I mean I still resisted 90.9% of the album so hmmm yeah still, it's something, right ? riiiiiiight ???
Also I've been super nice since last X-Mas I promise...
(Not that I'm un-nice the rest of the time anyway.)
I TRIIIIIED !!! I trieeeeed to resist "Snow", I sweeeeeeear : I just couldn't...
I mean all the new unreleased songs (Barton, Tender and all that) I'll discover at the same time as the rest of the world.
So yeah this is a feat right ? riiiiiiight ???

;)

LisaHanniganChile 08-11-2016 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrroline (Post 385845)
If you install Hola in Chrome (you can get it for free here: http://hola.org/)
You can 'pretend' to be in the US and you'll be able to stream.

Thank you so much! The album is incredible. I'm almost crying, :crybaby2:

glo32 08-12-2016 08:35 AM

I'm really loving the whole album...

any attempt to the lyrics?

InspirationDestination 08-13-2016 08:31 PM

I'm going to try lyrics when my album comes, but I've listened to it on npr over and over again. It is so soothing and dark and complex.

igor 08-14-2016 09:37 PM

i've taken a listen to bits of songs and the whole funeral suit (as it's my favorite). mixed feelings. the timing is so weird and complex (4 bars and then three times 3 bars and i can't even count the woooah part) and there's no guitar. i think it's good but i'm just not used to it as i listened to the GIH one excessively.

there are electronic beats and looped vocals in some songs which was unexpected since i thought there'll be a lot of guitar songs like Fall. i don't think i'll resist till 19th now that i have the access to the whole album, but i'll try my best haha.

Shaftell 08-14-2016 10:18 PM

Wow, "We, The Drowned" album version is just the best thing.

I don't like "Snow" as much as some of you. Not a big fan of "Lo" either. I don't know if I should continue, the album comes out tomorrow!!

I listened to "Funeral Suit" because of your comment igor and I like it better than "Snow" at the moment.

carrroline 08-15-2016 08:10 AM

I honestly don't see anything wrong with listening when it's streaming on an official site like npr? Feel free to wait for the physical album, but I'm listening now and not feeling any guilt at all :)

verenita 08-15-2016 08:20 AM

i totally agree, caro. i´m just old fashion minded :p if i lived in a country where the record would not be easy to get, i would definitely stream. i did it with 9 back in the days and i was beyond grateful for that opportunity! i hope you all are enjoying :) reviews and comments are promising alright!

igor 08-15-2016 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrroline (Post 385883)
I honestly don't see anything wrong with listening when it's streaming on an official site like npr? Feel free to wait for the physical album, but I'm listening now and not feeling any guilt at all :)

nah. it certainly isn't wrong, but it's a strange feeling and i feel like cheating?? haha. but to be honest i'm pretty sure i'll dive into it tomorrow.

igor 08-15-2016 11:15 AM

sorry for double post, i'm on my phone. it seems to me that lyrics are not so arcane anymore as they were on passenger which is a good thing, bit more rewarding when listening i guess. but i still have to dive into them to be sure. (fall, we, the drowned and few others being the exception)

Shaftell 08-15-2016 06:33 PM

When I pre-ordered the album, I also got a digital copy of the album. That digital copy got released to me today. So technically, the album is released today right? Seeing as I have the official digital copy of it. Therefore I can listen to it entirely, guilt free? :D

borneoman 08-17-2016 07:03 AM

anyone got the lyrics for Ora???

cos I initially at the gig I thought she sang "You'll be the mountain, I'll be the sea"... but now I do hear "You'll be the boat and I'll be the sea"... anyone?

saskia 08-17-2016 07:29 AM

Here's what I hear so far:

I was adrift
Caught in the ropes
under a pinhole sky
blowing off course

??? the sea
under the ???
pulling the water 'round
and ???

I'm going home
I'm going ???
Won't you come with me
Won't you come with me

You'll be the boat
I'll be the sea
Won't you come with me
Won't you come with me

Feel free to fill in y'all!

Has anyone received their pre-ordered physical copy of the album yet? Just curious...