The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   For those that didn’t get an instore pass (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4582)

#Ian# 06-30-2004 08:24 AM

OR

Ian is generous with spare tickets part 3.

Right I got there around 8:10 (aside: getting up at 6:15 is not as bad as I thought it would be) and there were probably about 30-40 people queing to get a pass so at this point I'd imagine that there are still some available.

Anyway, they were giving away passes at the till when you bought the single and also in the aisle (presumably for people that already had a copy), anyway I bought my copy and was given a pass and then decided to chance it and asked the lady in the aisle for one, she handed it to me. So now I've got two.

I'm offering my spare to the forum, as in february when I offered my spares for the vicar street gig its not a first come first served thing. If you are interested then reply to this thread and I'll make a decision as to who gets it.

Just some notes:

1. I'll tend to favour "regulars" in the forum as to who gets it.

2. If I like you, obviously I'll look at you more favourably, if I don't pick you that doesn't mean I don't like you more than the person I give it too, although it probably does.

3. If you are coming from a good distance away then that helps, you probably couldn't make it to HMV. If you live in Dublin and aren't working maybe you should have gotten up early.

4. If you want this then there is no harm in putting your name down, you can't win if you are not in, even if you're an asshole who never posted here before and live off of grafton street you might get lucky.

5. Offers of sexual favours in exchange for the pass will only be considered from (a. Girls (b. Those over the age of consent.

Right, the procedure for this.

Put your name down in this thread. I'll leave the offer open all day today and make my decision after that, I'll probably announce who gets it tomorrow when I get into work tomorrow (about 8:30, you'll all know by 9 tomorrow). IF you can't be at a computer before tomorrow lunchtime to find out post a contact number (preferably mobile) with your post, if you do this then leave your real name to, I'm not phoneing someone to ask to speak to "domesexychick692004" only to find that I'm speaking to a Barry. Make sure your PM box isn't full becasue I'll send you a PM with my phone details and make arrangements for meeting.

I'm GIVING this away, no charge, for FREE, but obviously it might be cool if you decided to buy the single, its for a good cause, kind of.

I think thats it, if I think of anything else I'll post it in this thread.

Good luck

Michelle Joey 06-30-2004 08:27 AM

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]Aw Ian you're so sweet;I'd ask you for it but no-one would bring me to Dublin [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Good luck everyone!!!

The Weatherman 06-30-2004 08:27 AM

Ian, i didn't see you! [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Patricia 06-30-2004 08:29 AM

[img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img](though very complicated explanations, dear) Can I have it? [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]Though abt the sexual favours... [img]smileys/smiley11.gif[/img]It'd be like incest, wouldn't it? [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

Anyway, you lucky people, go, go, go!! Weeeeeeeeeee!

looly 06-30-2004 08:31 AM

Hey I was just handed 2 passes when I bought the single, so was my mate. I thought they always gave out 2 passes to everyone anyway? Sorry but I've already given them to me mates!

looly 06-30-2004 08:55 AM

Another 100 passes will be available tomorrow morning for those of you that missed out this morn! (well, according to Ian Dempsey anyway). Sorry if I'm spoiling ur fun #Ian# http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

#Ian# 06-30-2004 08:57 AM

I thouight he said it was tomorrow before the gig. Putting your name down here at least guaruntees you a pass if you get it, you might miss out tomorrow evening.

sezmo 06-30-2004 08:58 AM

Yeah I think he said it was tomorrow evening right before the gig.

looly 06-30-2004 10:08 AM

Can't be sure, thought he said in the morning but could be wrong [img]smileys/smiley24.gif[/img]

sezmo 06-30-2004 10:18 AM

when's the gig? morning or evening? i haven't a clue. [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Gatsby 06-30-2004 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sezmo
when's the gig? morning or evening? i haven't a clue. [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

im also confused as the amount of times its changed

looly 06-30-2004 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeweller

Quote:

Originally Posted by sezmo

im also confused as the amount of times its changed

The gig is definitely on at 9pm Thursday 1st July (that's tomorrow night [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]). I'll be there early!

#Ian# 06-30-2004 03:07 PM

I can't believe that noone wants this, was everyone there this morning to pick one up?

Gatsby 06-30-2004 03:30 PM

i just got a phone call from hotpress saying i won 2 wristbands for tomorrow... i knew not getting up would pay off[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Banjaxed 06-30-2004 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeweller
i just got a phone call from hotpress saying i won 2 wristbands for tomorrow... i knew not getting up would pay off[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

i was thinking it was unusual that we hadn't heard of any eskimos winning yet. congrats.[img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]

Michelle Joey 06-30-2004 03:34 PM

Well done Simon [img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]

wilbie 06-30-2004 03:34 PM

I won 2 aswell, im f**ked tho, cant get off work :'(

Michelle Joey 06-30-2004 03:37 PM

Well done to you too [img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]well kind of seeing as you can't use them [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Gatsby 06-30-2004 03:38 PM

oh and you get a free signed cd.. perfect for the broken bum i am who cant even buy the single[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

wilbie 06-30-2004 03:41 PM

See I could ring in sick, but, I got tonight off on account of medication im on. But ive totally exaggerated the side effects, and my manager caught me buying beer this morning in the off licence in my job. So he knows Im alright.Im such a klutz!!

Michelle Joey 06-30-2004 03:41 PM

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

cille 06-30-2004 03:44 PM

yes, i live far from dublin. (copenhagen) and yes, i would love some sexual favours. or... is this the wrong thread??[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

fmmc 06-30-2004 03:59 PM

i would love them too but i know real point in me asking,cos i was in dublin yesterday[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img],came home last night[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img],i guess i could get another bus up,hmmm[img]smileys/smiley24.gif[/img].IF i got them it would be my first damien rice gig.....imagine!!

wilbie 06-30-2004 03:59 PM

f**k it, ive decided to go to the doctors in the morning, (i have an appointment on Friday), but ill go in the morning about a minor problem I have, and at the end ill kindly ask him fora note to cover me for that night, stress/feeling down or something. I can't miss this, not for one poxy shift in a poxy supermarket.

fmmc 06-30-2004 04:03 PM

btw congrats to all the winners of the tickets,lucky[img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]

Scon 06-30-2004 04:05 PM

If anybody does happen to end up with 2 wristbands that will go unused, I'll gladly take them off you [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Gatsby 06-30-2004 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmmc
btw congrats to all the winners of the tickets,lucky[img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]

ive won alot of stuff recently its great

i clicked submit like 5 times so maybe that helped[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Michelle Joey 06-30-2004 04:05 PM

I clicked seven times and nothing [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

fmmc 06-30-2004 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilbie

f**k it, ive decided to go to the doctors in the morning, (i have an appointment on Friday), but ill go in the morning about a minor problem I have, and at the end ill kindly ask him fora note to cover me for that night, stress/feeling down or something. I can't miss this, not for one poxy shift in a poxy supermarket.

oh no don't do that cos eh, you need,eh, damnit i want the tickets.i know i'l find out where you work and then il tell your boss

Gatsby 06-30-2004 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle Joey
I clicked seven times and nothing [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

im gonna get damien to sign my signed copy[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]