The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Musician Stuff (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Howabout an Eskimos' Compilation? (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14327)

Timeé 06-03-2007 10:51 AM

Howabout an Eskimos' Compilation?

There seems to be lots of talent on this forum and at least half of us play music :icon_kidr

I was wondering whether people would be up for donating a song (any cover or original if you wish) to make an eskimos' compilation? And maybe someone could kindly master it?
( i know we have some talented masterers as well ).
Once its in cd format i could help distribute it to whoever would want it.

All welcome to show interest (newbies too). ,
Timee.

Tommy 06-03-2007 11:47 AM

Id be up for it :)

Calum 06-03-2007 01:08 PM

Count me in - good idea. :)

cille 06-03-2007 01:46 PM

I'm totally up for it too, though I'm not sure my recording options are super at the mo :/ But I'm game.

Nine 06-03-2007 02:23 PM

count me in!
x

Calum 06-03-2007 04:27 PM

Idea: Somehow, we could do an ensemble, so just record seperate parts and send it to a designated producer who mixes them all together.
I vote Volcano! :)

Timeé 06-03-2007 05:14 PM

Nice! :)
The recording itself doesn't have to be immaculate.
The ensemble would be tricky but yeah id be up for it!
Now for a masterer/producer...?

Beevers_uk 06-03-2007 05:23 PM

Im in

Calum 06-03-2007 05:26 PM

No idea who myself, but there has to be someone that's decent at that sort of thing. I do my own very primitive recordings, but i'm pretty crap at mixing if i'm honest!

Timeé 06-03-2007 05:28 PM

Thats six so far (plus cawe will master) ; (cawe^).

come on eskimos! we need at least ten. dont be shy ;)

robmcgrail 06-03-2007 05:37 PM

I will. i knw bits about mastering and getting the thing to sound constant throughout and have the programs to do it. but ive got loads of exams at the monment. so cant do that for a month or so. Ill donbate a song and master anything i can though.

Tommy 06-03-2007 06:34 PM

If we get about ten people to do it I think it would be cool if we put one original and one Damien cover on as this is a Eskimofriends site, then they could sell it in the shop on this site and hopefully make a little bit of money from it, would be a nice way to give something back to the site.

Closing_Doors 06-03-2007 06:45 PM

Could be fun. :icon_kidr

Won't be able to record anything for a little while as I'm living abroad for the summer though.

robmcgrail 06-03-2007 07:08 PM

Yeah i was saying to tim earlier maybe profits go to charity if eskimofriends agrees to put it on their shop. And possibly all the artisits do a page of there own art work with lyrics to there original for the sleve if there is gonna be one.

Calum 06-03-2007 07:10 PM

^ What if some of the artists can't draw? (Guilty)

Closing_Doors 06-03-2007 07:14 PM

Take a photograph ;)

Rai 06-03-2007 07:22 PM

Does it have to be a sung piece? If there is some room for woodwinds, count me in :)

Timeé 06-03-2007 07:40 PM

Room For Woodwinds!!!!!

Timeé 06-03-2007 07:45 PM

Instrumentals welcome. it will be nice if theres one maybe two.

Calum 06-03-2007 07:59 PM

Ok, for a Damien cover i'll probably do The Professor & La Fille Danse, after a little French practice of course. :)

This is great idea, nice one Timee!

robmcgrail 06-03-2007 08:36 PM

yeah well done timee, i give thumbs up for the idea too and a pat on the back. lets just make sure we follow through on it. anyone up for the charity idea on the eskimo friends shop?

Samart 06-03-2007 08:41 PM

I am in. I will do my possible. :icon_kidr . I am ok for the original too...

Calum 06-03-2007 08:50 PM

Charity is a good idea, perhaps one that Damien is part of - would make sense would it not?

Closing_Doors 06-03-2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calum
Ok, for a Damien cover i'll probably do The Professor & La Fille Danse, after a little French practice of course. :)

Dammit that was going to be mine :p :crybaby2:

robmcgrail 06-03-2007 09:51 PM

So whats the dealio now. we do a cover and an original, or just one. or both but only if you want. hmm...

Anyway. I dug up a pretty old set of lyrics and recorded it earlier. So ive got my original. Just a simple little thing. How do you guys wanna do this. I mean cheaply it could be just a thing to send around to each other. but if we all put a bit in, nothing much, get a sleeve made up and get it on the shop, could do at least a tiny bit of good.

Tommy 06-03-2007 09:58 PM

A) Someone needs to take charge and decide whos doing what
B) People need to talk to whoever they need to talk to about possibly putting it in the shops
C) Someone needs to contact Damo's management informing them of the CD for legal reasons, also would be cool if he was aware of it, if its for charity he may put it on his site or whatever (could even record and donate us a song :))
D) If were doing a cover of Damo each decide who wants to do what and then draw up a list.

robmcgrail 06-03-2007 10:10 PM

Yeah, well im happy to do the mastering unless someone else wants to. and i know a mate whos good at doing all designs. so if we get al our own art work and whatnot together i can pass it on to him to make a sleeve.

As far as contacting damos managment i think the best course of action would be if it came from the owner of this site, so if we get his backing then that should help.

to decide whos doing what covers lets do this.

Copy and paste the list below and add your name and your prefured cover. GUess a 1st come 1st served basis would be the simplist. then we can swap between oursleves if we want.

List of covers:
Cold Water - rob mcgrail

thismalewhoisafly 06-03-2007 10:11 PM

I have quite an experience in artwork, and have made several covers for cds and stuff, so if you need someone who takes care of it I'd be pleased to be part of the project.
I'd really like to play a song too, but my voice is just crap and I do not have any clue about how to record and mix it, so I think I'd better concentrate on artwork, waiting eskimo's "future releases" and keeping on practising with recording.
Maybe I have to look around for a voice too.
Let me know if you're in need for the cover/sleeve guys :wave:

Closing_Doors 06-03-2007 10:13 PM

Ok, provisionally I'll say I'll do Insane.

robmcgrail 06-03-2007 10:16 PM

copy and paste the list so its all carried on.

Yeah do the cover, i think if we do like a page each, then leave the overall design to you thatll be cool.