The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   o (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13991)

thismachinekillstheenemy 04-26-2007 12:43 AM

o

If your anything like me you will prob listen to alot of live versions of damiens songs. And if you arent listening to live versions your prob listening to 9. but go back and listen to o again and realise what an amazing CD it truely is.

thismachinekillstheenemy 04-26-2007 12:50 AM

apologises i realise this is a pointless thread but im a little bit pissed just now and ive just sat and listened to o and its ****in blown me away...

Ligi 04-26-2007 01:27 AM

I totally agree with you, O is by far one of the most amazing albums Ive ever encountered. 9 cant even come close to topping it.

borneoman 04-26-2007 01:37 AM

Todat I thought about O!!!

I was reading the paper and I bumped into a headline that read 'THE MYSTERY OF O' and I thought wow, it's about the album title...

but of course it wasn't... the piece was about the mystery of the femenine orgasm ;)

Ligi 04-26-2007 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borneoman
Todat I thought about O!!!

I was reading the paper and I bumped into a headline that read 'THE MYSTERY OF O' and I thought wow, it's about the album title...

but of course it wasn't... the piece was about the mystery of the femenine orgasm ;)

Hahha. <3

By the way, what exactly is the story of O? (as mentioned in Amie)

Nine 04-26-2007 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ligi
Hahha. <3

By the way, what exactly is the story of O? (as mentioned in Amie)

Actually the lyric is "and read me the story of old".

But go to wikipedia and type in story of O and you can read all about the book if you're interested anyway.

Ligi 04-26-2007 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nine

But go to wikipedia and type in story of O and you can read all about the book if you're interested anyway.

I gotta clean out my ears ASAP.

This has got to die 04-26-2007 02:58 AM

Yeah, when "9" first came along I thought it was better than "O" but after listning to "O" the other week, it blew me away.

I think however this comes to listning to either one loads and loads when you go back to the other one it sounds fresher, both are ace.

Nine 04-26-2007 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ligi
I gotta clean out my ears ASAP.

haha it's ok, loads of people, myself included, think/thought it was that.
It was only 'til I heard a different recording of him doing it, that he really pronounces the 'old' in, that I realised.

verenita 04-26-2007 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nine

from dr site:
(...) i saw a spaceship fly by your window
did you see it disappear? amie come sit on my wall and read me a story of old(...)
but i'm not a miracle and you're not a saint
just another soldier on a road to nowhere
amie come sit on my wall and read me a story of old
tell it like you still believe that the end of the century
brings a change for you and me
amie come sit on my wall and read me the story of o

that why is a little confusing... i guess...

borneoman 04-26-2007 11:01 PM

I think the original lyrics (in the Juniper days) were 'the story of old'... then around the release of O he changed them to 'the story of O'... and since then mostly he mixes both... take the version from the union chappel for instance, at some point he sings old, and at some point he sings O

Nine 04-26-2007 11:11 PM

Ah really? Wow that's really interesting!
Thanks for clearing that up for me :)