The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   more like The Oprah Winfrey Show (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2659)

eskimo_friendly 02-21-2004 02:37 PM

Any news on whether Damien's gonna be performing at this year's Witnness, now called Oxegen??

I distinctly remember him promising at it last year to come back and play it this year as well!

Edited by: eskimo_friendly

Mario 02-21-2004 04:34 PM

Witness
Oxygen

eskimo_friendly 02-21-2004 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario
Witness
Oxygen

Are you trying to be smart? Coz you're just being amazingly ignorant.

It's Witnness, with two n's

And it's Oxegen, with an 'e', not a 'y'

Now, you were saying?

The Weatherman 02-21-2004 04:57 PM

I'd just like to point out that Mario may not have known that both these titles are spelt differently, what with him being from the U.S. and everything. I don't believe it was "amazingly ignorant" what he did and i hardly think he was being smart. I'd say he was merely correcting what he presumed were outrageous mispellings.

MIFFY 02-21-2004 05:27 PM

"outrageous mispellings" hee hee thats just funny!![img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Id say damien would more than likely be playin them. Hope so anyways

Bumpman 02-21-2004 07:30 PM

he will, he does have a new album to tour, anyway... it would be fairly devestating to his irish fans if he didn't play the one weekend festival we do have.

Plus he did pretty well last time

eskimo_friendly 02-21-2004 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Weatherman
I'd just like to point out that Mario may not have known that both these titles are spelt differently what with him being from the U.S. and everything. I don't believe it was "amazingly ignorant" what he did and i hardly think he was being smart. I'd say he was merely correcting what he presumed were outrageous mispellings.

Outrageous mispellings? In a world filled with text-speak and abbreviations, I would NOT consider them to be "outrageous" mispellings!

And what if I was dyslexic? Don't you think I'd just be purely insulted by someone reminding me that I was dyslexic by correcting my spellings?

This leads me to my main point - he didn't have to correct the spellings. It wasn't any of his business that I had mispelt some words. Do you really think he felt the need to correct the spellings of some stranger?

He wasn't even interested in what I was asking!

He replied, choosing to blatantly ignore what I was saying in my post, and this he did by changing the subject completely to something totally different and insignificant.

By totally changing the subject, he was being ignorant & disrespectful towards me.

By totally ignoring the point of my post, and instead making a point of insignificant mistakes I had made, he was being insulting.

He wasn't correcting my spelling. He was being insulting, pure & simple.Edited by: eskimo_friendly

idiosynful 02-22-2004 12:02 AM

Right-yo...uhm...moving on...Damo's doing a festival in the U.S...so would that raise or lower the odds of him doing Witnness this year.

Oxegen is such a weeeiiird name.

Aisling 02-22-2004 07:36 AM

oh my god. what a ridiculous topic. its one of those things that should be 'yes he's playing oxegen' or 'no unfortunatly he wont this year' or oh lord i cant believe its oyegen now. but for gods sake he was only correcting a spelling mistake. RELAX! i sincerely doubt he was trying to insult you.

daol20 02-22-2004 09:00 AM

Yeah Eskimo_unfriendly.....</font>[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Aisling 02-22-2004 09:03 AM

aww i wouldnt say that...

daol20 02-22-2004 09:05 AM

(note the wink!!......I wasnt being serious)</font>

The Weatherman 02-22-2004 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eskimo_friendly
Outrageous mispellings? In a world filled with text-speak and abbreviations, I would NOT consider them to be "outrageous" mispellings!

And what if I was dyslexic? Don't you think I'd just be purely insulted by someone reminding me that I was dyslexic by correcting my spellings?

This leads me to my main point - he didn't have to correct the spellings. It wasn't any of his business that I had mispelt some words. Do you really think he felt the need to correct the spellings of some stranger?

He wasn't even interested in what I was asking!

He replied, choosing to blatantly ignore what I was saying in my post, and this he did by changing the subject completely to something totally different and insignificant.

By totally changing the subject, he was being ignorant & disrespectful towards me.

By totally ignoring the point of my post, and instead making a point of insignificant mistakes I had made, he was being insulting.

He wasn't correcting my spelling. He was being insulting, pure & simple.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Weatherman
I'd just like to point out that Mario may not have known that both these titles are spelt differently, what with him being from the U.S. and everything. I don't believe it was "amazingly ignorant" what he did and i hardly think he was being smart. I'd say he was merely correcting what he presumed were outrageous mispellings.

That will be all.
Back to Damien Rice.

Sionna 02-22-2004 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daol20
Yeah Eskimo_unfriendly.....</font>[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

haha burned!!!!

eskimo_friendly 02-22-2004 03:57 PM

First of all, it was me who started this topic. I didn't change the subject, someone else did, and I found it very insulting, because they were totally ignoring me and then, needlessly, telling me I was wrong, which I found very ignorant.

Weatherman, what "will be all", exactly?

And finally, I am allowed defend myself against someone I found rude and disrespectful towards what I was trying to say & ask, and so I did.

How many people spell things incorrectly on these boards in order to abbreviate, or just out of pure carelessness, and don't have someone correcting them??? A countless amount. So for him to single me out and ignore me at the same time was quite insulting. Does he go around correcting EVERYONE'S spelling mistakes? I doubt it.

Unless anyone wants an argument, I'm not getting into one.

Oh, and "Ridiculous topic"? Thanx, Aisling.

Jarv 02-22-2004 04:17 PM

I like puppies................

eskimo_friendly 02-22-2004 04:23 PM

holy sh*t look i didn't mean for this topic to go so serious!

i shouldn't have let it get so serious and for that, i'm sorry...

if i could delete it, i would

this isn't wat music is about!

Pippa 02-22-2004 04:31 PM

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" UNABLE="on" width="100%">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">Do you keep having to edit your posts now because you're scared of spelling mistakes?</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

Vienna 02-22-2004 04:35 PM

yowser...that was a fun read!!!

i hope he is doing the festivals this summer...not that i'll be going to witnness but glastonbury again would be good!!

Jarv 02-22-2004 04:41 PM

And why won't you be going to Witnness?!! Is it not good enough for you?!!

Just kiddin'---i got lost in the momentum of this thread there for a while!!

I just hope he plays somewhere...............

fondusquirrel 02-22-2004 04:47 PM

For GODS SAKES PEOPLE! I heard that he may probably will do Oxegen this year, but(and I hope I'm not the only one here) I pray that he plugs the new album like crazy becauuse having seen the man9 times I think I've heard just about every song,b side and cover he has to offer. Don't get me wrong, I love it all, but the people who saw him at Witnness last year for the first time will just think he's a one trick pony if he does nigh on the same set again.

Am I alone here?http://www.freecfm.com/d/damien/foru...ys/smiley5.gif

Jarv 02-22-2004 04:54 PM

There was one or two spellin' mistakes in there fondusquirrel, but we'll let it go this time.

Just this once though!! Havn't ya read the thread?!!

Kidding of course. You'r right, im hopin there'l be loads of new material, and maybe even new covers!

eskimo_friendly 02-22-2004 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pippa
Do you keep having to edit your posts now because you're scared of spelling mistakes?

Yeah, to be honest

"scared of" isn't the term i'd use, however. i just like people to be able to read wat i'm trying to say.

this one however has been edited because something went seriously wrong wen i was trying to quote you!

Pippa 02-22-2004 05:43 PM

oh dear..

I dunno if Damo will be doing Glasto this year, didn't he say something about doing small festivals that are just about the music, arn't sponsored and arn't commercial.

Ireland's too far away from me!

loucha 02-22-2004 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarv

I like puppies................

me too!!

its okay eskimo_friendly, everyone gets rubbed up the wrong way sometimes!!

what kind of puppies........

The Weatherman 02-22-2004 06:04 PM

eskimo_friendly i accept what you have said. i admire the rational way in which you made your points. i'm not here to argue with you. while i accept what you say, i stand by what i've said. i am sorry if i have caused you any distress.

"will be all" = that was all i was going to say on the subject.

anyway, back to more pressing matters.... puppies![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

loucha 02-22-2004 06:07 PM

that was very noble of you weatherman!

im thinking st.bernard puppies, adorable!

The Weatherman 02-22-2004 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loucha

that was very noble of you weatherman!

[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Jarv 02-22-2004 06:14 PM

The Andrex puppies kick ass!!

loucha 02-22-2004 06:54 PM

thats a golden labredore i think (so spelt wrong...... no pun intended)

im not some dog lover or anything!!

anyone think small dogs are annoying?

sorry eskimo_friendly, ive totally ruined your site!!