The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien's Gigs (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What’s up with that? (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3162)

GlttrGrrl 03-31-2004 03:29 PM

I'm just wondering what's up with the lack of discussion of recent shows. Damien & Co started their US tour over a week ago, and I think I've only seen the setlist for the LA show. Come on people! We want reviews and setlists and pictures and stuff! Hop to it!

absltcit33 03-31-2004 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlttrGrrl
I'm just wondering what's up with the lack of discussion of recent shows. Damien & Co started their US tour over a week ago, and I think I've only seen the setlist for the LA show. Come on people! We want reviews and setlists and pictures and stuff! Hop to it!

go to damienrice's msgboard, there is a review/setlist of the SF show.

GlttrGrrl 03-31-2004 04:13 PM

But that message board is evil. I only go there occasionally, and then for only a minute or two.

GlttrGrrl 04-08-2004 09:40 PM

I reiterate my request for setlists. All this "That was the best show ever," "Damien and the gang were great," etc. it too gosh darned generic! I want details.

sadistic_bunny 04-08-2004 09:46 PM

hear hear! i just went on the official board there and gave out to people.. hurrah for eskimo friends!! where the igloo is warm and people know your user name..[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

unexplainedmuse 04-08-2004 11:08 PM

have no fear!

when sunday comes ill write up the best review i can possibly do for damien....and hopefully it does him justice

no forgetting to write down setlists this time[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

GlttrGrrl 04-08-2004 11:31 PM

yay for forum love and people who write down set lists [img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]

SisterMidnight 04-09-2004 12:32 AM

Okay, here's the deal..... I made a little bootleg of the show in Madison last night and was counting on that for the setlist (knowing I would be too enthralled to remember chronological details) but I was actually so enthralled that I forgot to turn the tape over until he called out Colin from The Frames during the encore. So-- will try to pull together an amended setlist ASAP, okay? Also a review and maybe some pics, though mine didn't turn out too well.... [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Sis~

Catch-22 04-09-2004 12:36 AM

How did the frames play?

SisterMidnight 04-09-2004 04:51 AM

The Frames were good, Catch. I do think they may have won some new fans here in the states. I liked them better live than the few recordings I've heard. I really liked the guy playing fiddle-- he's good!

And I must say as far as Damien's band is concerned I was very impressed with Tomo-- the drums are the heartbeat, ya know?

julia 04-09-2004 01:42 PM

I would have written a setlist but were so shoved together in the show, we couldn't even move.. Very tight quarters...I think it is easier when you are seated. But I did write a review of the Portland show ,I tried to give good details [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]