The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien's Gigs (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tour dates!! :) (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17225)

Cremallero 09-15-2014 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawno (Post 374359)
Just got the presale email... The Box is going to be a tough ticket

What makes you say that it will be tough? Price? Availability? I'm just a bit nervous because out of the three dates in NYC that is the only one I can make, and I cannot miss out on my chance to see him.

jasmineha 09-16-2014 01:29 AM

I'm ready to try and go to the LA show. My husband even said: I knew it was only a matter of time til you were saying you were going to see damien. <3

ramiendice 09-16-2014 04:01 AM

What email are people talking about? I've been signed up for a while and just signed up again to reassure myself I will not miss out and I never got any emails. I had to go on twitter late in the day to see the promo tour announced. Did anyone else not receive an email?

borneoman 09-16-2014 06:31 AM

check your spam/trash, it´s probably there (mine was)

herbie25 09-16-2014 07:44 AM

Hopefully I'll be able to get London tickets. Took myself to Ostrava in Czech Republic before to see him. best night of my life. plus he sang 'Falling Slowly' with Marketa Irglova

carrroline 09-16-2014 09:58 AM

the Folies Bergeres in Paris looks soooo nice… but I'll have to stick with Brussels. (if i can get a ticket)
Anyone else going there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by verenita (Post 374384)
i´ll be 100% happy when i secure my ticket, which will be my top-of-the-list dream come true! in the meantime, i just can barely believe to be so close :D
i´m sorry for those who can not manage to make it and i´m glad that are many eskimos ready to booke their ticket!

speaking of which... i just adore the eskimo friends icon on damien´s page. so, if we are officially supported by damien/his management... we should get access to the pre-sale of the pre-sale :p (particially joking, hehe).

I'm rooting for you. If anyone deserves a ticket it's you :)
Yes, we should definitely get a pre-pre-sale! :D

Sorry for those who can't make it!

nicomoni 09-16-2014 11:09 AM

Hello all, anyone going to the show from Milan? :)

eva_arg 09-16-2014 11:11 AM

if any of you lucky eskimos manages to make a recording I'll be forever grateful :)

dawno 09-16-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cremallero (Post 374387)
What makes you say that it will be tough? Price? Availability? I'm just a bit nervous because out of the three dates in NYC that is the only one I can make, and I cannot miss out on my chance to see him.

Small venue and I expect demand will be high. I liken it to the 9 record release gig at Hiro - a lot of people were shut out of that one (even though they were selling tix at the door the night of) and people were reselling tix for quite the profit.

I'm very curious to see how much the tickets will cost and hoping to have good luck in the presale.

The Box is the venue where Chris Martin played his secret show last month.

Moves-My-World 09-16-2014 12:05 PM

I wonder if they'll place a cap on the pre-sale tickets available.. You'd imagine that these venues (especially the likes of NY) will sell out quickly.

Best of luck to everyone trying! :)

dawno 09-16-2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moves-My-World (Post 374414)
I wonder if they'll place a cap on the pre-sale tickets available.. You'd imagine that these venues (especially the likes of NY) will sell out quickly.

Best of luck to everyone trying! :)

I expect there will be limits, and I won't be at all surprised if you can only purchase presale tickets to one of the three NYC shows.

We should learn more very soon! Best of luck to all! :)

borneoman 09-16-2014 12:31 PM

I think Whelans sold in like 60 seconds last time, didn´t it? actually the site crashed so there was no chance to even try and grab tix

so I´d expect the same for the NYC shows...

dawno 09-16-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borneoman (Post 374416)
I think Whelans sold in like 60 seconds last time, didn´t it? actually the site crashed so there was no chance to even try and grab tix

so I´d expect the same for the NYC shows...

Exactly. And Whelan's was a general sale, not just a limited presale for those with a passcode. There will be very few presale tickets up for grabs tomorrow and I expect it to be as bad on Friday for the general onsale.

Circa1992 09-16-2014 01:12 PM

The agony and the ecstasy...Concert ticket buying can be such an anxiety producing experience!!! Fingers crossed we all are feeling ecstatic tomorrow and/or Friday!

conanemily 09-16-2014 01:46 PM

Anyone got the the pre-sale email yet? I'm refreshing my email page like crazy!

RenataAQP 09-16-2014 01:48 PM

nothing yet...i'm also checking my email non-stop (getting a bit anxious here)

dawno 09-16-2014 02:01 PM

I didn't receive yesterday's email until early afternoon. No reason to worry, yet.....

glo32 09-16-2014 02:18 PM

What about the presale start time? "9 am local" means that the presale for Milan starts at 9 am Italy time, the presale for NY starts at 9 am NY time, etc, right???

Falling At Your Feet 09-16-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glo32 (Post 374424)
What about the presale start time? "9 am local" means that the presale for Milan starts at 9 am Italy time, the presale for NY starts at 9 am NY time, etc, right???

Yes,exactly, the time where the venue is located.

Chrysler 09-16-2014 02:41 PM

i will be trying to a ticket for amsterdam.
did anyone get their mail with preorder code yet?

also i interpreted the presale starting time as glo did, but its not very precisely written in their official statement :/

Falling At Your Feet 09-16-2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrysler (Post 374426)
i will be trying to a ticket for amsterdam.
did anyone get their mail with preorder code yet?

also i interpreted the presale starting time as glo did, but its not very precisely written in their official statement :/

I thought

"you will receive access to an 'exclusive' presale for these shows which begins on Wednesday, September 17 at 9am local time."

was quite clear, and is standard practice for gig announcements worldwide.

Still no pre-sale code received yet.

Agent99 09-16-2014 02:51 PM

Ticket buying gives me such anxiety.

chanteur13 09-16-2014 03:03 PM

nothing yet !!!!!!

No mail !!! no code !!!! fell like i'm not gonna sleep tonight !!!!

chanteur13 09-16-2014 03:13 PM

(Pour les francophones ! ) Je viens d'appeler les Folies Bergères . Vente des places par téléphone également dès vendredi matin 9h00 , 2 catégories (mais elle n'a pas voulu m'en dire plus!). Bonne chance à tous pour les tickets !

RenataAQP 09-16-2014 03:17 PM

maybe those will be send out around noon (US-pacific time) since that's around the time i saw the tour dates were posted on his website yesterday. Just a guess, just trying not to drive myself crazy about getting that email :(

conanemily 09-16-2014 03:29 PM

Yes, I got the tour announcement email yesterday a little past 12 pm. Fingers crossed!!

mandarific 09-16-2014 03:56 PM

PHEW. I came here exactly to panic that I hadn't gotten anything yet re: the email they'd be sending out today!!!

Will be trying my best to get tickets to the Chicago show... best of luck to everybody else trying to get tickets too, and if some of us don't those of you that go better get AWESOME pictures and video!!!

verenita 09-16-2014 04:49 PM

as long as we get it before tomorrow 9am local time it's all good :p
(still refreshing my inbox madly :p)

pauljoecoe 09-16-2014 04:57 PM

I registered but no email for presale for London...anyone else had any info?

dsmyth563 09-16-2014 05:14 PM

Still have no email... What about everyone else?