The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How’s your "O"?? (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4933)

Jarv 07-18-2004 09:47 PM

Hey, one thing that i can pretty much safely assume about everyone here is that we all own a copy of "O", and i was just wonderin what state everyone's is??

I got mine, god, a long time ago, and it's totally f**kin ruined lol, the cd itself is pretty pristine, but the cover is covered in all sorts of dubious stains, dents and marks. i take it pretty much everywhere with me, and am considering buying another copy to just sit by my bed which will remain in mint condition forever.............whereas the other copy will die with me.

so am i just careless, or is anyone else in the same boat??

pamela 07-18-2004 09:49 PM

thats me exactly ...its got nail glue on the sides and a few scratches. might buy another one too

mestonf 07-18-2004 09:53 PM

yep me too!!

I have 2 copies of it....my first cloth covered one that has got really old and tatty and the DVD version which has stayed in a bag since i bought it only got it out once to watch the DVD. I have all my damo CD's put away in a drawer covered in plastic and being kept safely so they never get harmed! But when i get a CD i record it on to my computer so i don't have to use the CD so all my CD's stay nice and pretty!

Aisling 07-18-2004 09:56 PM

mines perfect

mestonf 07-18-2004 09:57 PM

^oooo get you!! [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Jarv 07-18-2004 10:04 PM

he he, i love your signature aisling, kudos![img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

rileyf 07-18-2004 10:06 PM

im considering buying like 5 more copies just for convenience,
and sticking them in various cd players around the house. this
way i dont have to make the extra effort to go find the cd when i
want damo on demand. im lazy!

mestonf 07-18-2004 10:07 PM

good idea riley i was thinking of doing that at one point

Aisling 07-18-2004 10:11 PM

yeah i like my sig too.

Miss Pink 07-18-2004 10:44 PM

damien and vyv defaced mine [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

rileyf 07-18-2004 11:37 PM

lucky! haha

Vienna 07-18-2004 11:53 PM

my cloth covered one is in pristine condition but my other copy is a little bit grubby!

greenlee2 07-18-2004 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Pink
damien and vyv defaced mine [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Well if yours is defaced, ill trade with you. Mine is in mint condition. [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Miss Pink 07-18-2004 11:56 PM

no feck off its mine!!! I queued for and hour to get it defaced!!

Is there more that 1 cover for o? [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

i have only ever seen the cloth covered 1!!!

Cali 07-19-2004 12:06 AM

i had to get a 2nd copy after spilling a 42oz cup of coke on it [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]just after a couple of days of buying the first one

Vienna 07-19-2004 12:06 AM

yeh there weren't many made of the cloth covered ones were there???

the first one i got was a cardboard imitation of the cloth one...now i see the ones they're selling in the shops over here are just thin card sleeves as opposed to the book-like appearance of the cloth and imitation ones.....if that makes sense!

Miss Pink 07-19-2004 12:07 AM

kinda....wat a cheep ass damien [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]iv never seen any other covers tho http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/smileys/smiley5.gif

Vienna 07-19-2004 12:13 AM

my two copies are quite different, the cloth one is a lot thicker than the other one and the artwork on the CD is different....i was quite pleased that they were so different kinda makes it more worthwhile having two...i'm notusually one forbeing obsessive aboutan artist and having to have everything perfect but with damien it's different, well i'm not obsessive (ionly have 'O' and a couple of burnt CD's of unreleased tracks)but i've never dreamed of buying two copies of an album before just so i can keep one perfect [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

Miss Pink 07-19-2004 12:14 AM

im tempted to get a new 1 so i can keep my signed 1 perfect, at the moment its lying on my floor

cneill 07-19-2004 03:27 AM

mine is in pretty good shape because a few days after I bought it, I burned a copy and put the original away. I've since made several burned copys, and given a couple away (sorry Damien).I do this with all my favorites. I've been thinking of converting it to flac and storing it on a data cd, just to be absolutely safe. can't be too obsesive compulsive when it comes to great cds. Edited by: cneill

Rain 07-19-2004 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vienna

yeh there weren't many made of the cloth covered ones were there???

the first one i got was a cardboard imitation of the cloth one...now i see the ones they're selling in the shops over here are just thin card sleeves as opposed to the book-like appearance of the cloth and imitation ones.....if that makes sense!

[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]Mine is the thin normal card sleeves one. I lent mine to my friend.She called me up to tell me that the round platic thing on the inside (the teeth) has been destroyed. She wanted to make sure that I know it wasn't her fault.

Come on... I'm not that crrrazy. As long as the CD and the sleeves are fine. [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

*Killian* 07-19-2004 10:33 AM

mines doing grand surprisingly, i have it for over a year now....not too much stains or anything on it

mine was also defaced by damien too! cant complain though!

i'll probably get a new one aswell though, just to keep the singed one nice and clean!

mestonf 07-19-2004 11:22 AM

so are the cloth ones quite rare then?

Mojo_Pin1980 07-19-2004 11:47 AM

Yeah, that was a limited edition. You can't get it anymore. I got the limited edition but my former girlfriend spilt red wine over it. That's why I broke up with her[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Hendrik 07-19-2004 11:49 AM

Mines perfect, too. Have the copy with the DVD.

Michelle Joey 07-19-2004 11:51 AM

I don't know if I have the cloth one or not [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

mestonf 07-19-2004 11:51 AM

the cloth one gets really bad after a while

#Ian# 07-19-2004 12:34 PM

The cloth one is the only one thats available in Ireland though I thought.

Michelle Joey 07-19-2004 12:35 PM

Oh, I probably have it then, it seems to be more clothy than cardboardy...excuse my made-up words [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Mojo_Pin1980 07-19-2004 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #Ian#
The cloth one is the only one thats available in Ireland though I thought.

Nope, I bought mine in Holland![img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Michelle, the cloth version is thick cardboard covered with linnen. You'd know if you had it..