The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien's Gigs (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Emmett Tinley, 12 June - Paradiso (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3972)

marloes 06-14-2004 04:50 PM

Yeah, i forgot about Killing The One I Love and Closer To Happy, as I already knew them. Before starting Killing The One I love he said something about Emmylou Harriss singing parts of this song, but i didn't exactly hear what he was saying because some people were walking to the bar and the floorboards were squeaking. And I don't know if he meant that the song was an E.Harriss cover or that she would be singing this song with him on the record. oh yes, and I forgot to mention that he sang Angelou as an intro to Polichinelle I think it was and he ended with it also (though I'm not quite sure whether it is an actual new song cause it basically consisted of the word Angelou and then 1 other sentence [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img])

sezmo 06-14-2004 04:56 PM

Yeah I was trying to figure out what he'd said about EmmyLou Harris as well. (just sent Angela a PM to that effect in case one of her friends knows) Couldn't hear it properly for the same reason - creaky floorboards.

marloes 06-14-2004 04:59 PM

He said something in the line of if you hear a woman's voice coming from the crowd it's emmylou Harris, but that didn't make sense to me [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

sezmo 06-14-2004 05:05 PM

Yeah that was it... didn't make sense to me either, so I thought I missed something. But do you know - were they playing EmmyLou Harris before he came on stage? Tony and I were saying it sounded a bit like her, but weren't sure. And then when he mentioned her name during the gig it made us suspect it just might have been her music after all. Why didn't I just ask him when I was talking to him?? [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]Guess we were too busy talking about how he always meets fans when he's buying drinks. [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

marloes 06-14-2004 05:14 PM

I can't say I paid much attention to it, but it could have very well been her. You should really have asked him...
So did you approach emmett to buy Polichinelle and then did he recognize you or did he recognize you himself?

sezmo 06-14-2004 05:20 PM

Both kind of... I had walked up there to buy Polichinelle and while he was talking to other people he saw me and said "hi Sarah". And also while I was waiting one of his friends asked me if I was the girl at the football. So who knows what he'd said to him. [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]I think that guy was at the match too - he (or one of their other friends) had bought Emmett the ticket as a going away present.

marloes 06-14-2004 05:26 PM

Well you at least made an impression then [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

sezmo 06-14-2004 05:31 PM

Yeah, guess I must have. [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

cille 06-14-2004 05:35 PM

cool, sarah! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

sezmo 06-14-2004 05:47 PM

[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]Still kicking myself for not staying longer though. We thought he'd left at one stage, so after we finished our drinks we left to go and have a drink elsewhere. And then just as we were about to walk out of Paradiso Emmett and his friend were heading back upstairs. So I just said bye-bye (well, "doei" actually - to his friend), and then Emmett came back down and introduced himself to Tony, chatted a bit more and then they headed upstairs and we headed back to Leidseplein.

marloes 06-14-2004 05:56 PM

he seems so nice!

marloes 06-14-2004 05:58 PM

I wish I would have had the courage to go up and talk to him as well, but tehn again, what could I have said [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

sezmo 06-14-2004 06:00 PM

He's lovely. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img] I really hope everything goes well for him back in Ireland.

sezmo 06-14-2004 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marloes
I wish I would have had the courage to go up and talk to him as well, but tehn again, what could I have said [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Anything! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]You should definitely talk to him next time! Hopefully he'll be back here soon.

marloes 06-14-2004 06:10 PM

he did say he would be back sooner that was said in the miling list e-mail that was sent out. Personally I think he better have a new album out by that time, as people have had the chance to hear him play so often already, judging from the low turn out people want to hear something new first. He is so unknown still, I think he has to make some new fans first. Allthough it's nice to be part of a small group of people that love his music, it would be nice if his songs get heard by more peope, he deserves it [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

sezmo 06-14-2004 06:15 PM

I agree! Can't wait to hear this new album! It says it's due for late-summer release this year, so let's hope it doesn't get pushed back again eh?

marloes 06-14-2004 06:32 PM

and then lets hope it gets released here immediately, cause Polichinelle was also only released later. But then again there's import and the internet

sezmo 06-14-2004 07:08 PM

indeed. knowing me i'll be too impatient if it doesn't come out here til later, and i'll just just order it from ireland anyway.

Mojo_Pin1980 06-14-2004 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sezmo
probably. [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Well, if you need a rebound guy.. lemme know[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

sezmo 06-15-2004 07:42 AM

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]

cille 06-15-2004 04:08 PM

ah, you're such a gentleman, mojo... always ready to stand by a woman eskimo in need [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

marloes 06-15-2004 05:22 PM

yeah, who said chivalry was dead [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

cille 06-15-2004 10:59 PM

did anybody ever say that, really?

hey! you dutchies are great! i love hanging out in yor gig threads... mabe i'd like to visit your country one day!

Mojo_Pin1980 06-16-2004 09:28 AM

I'll show you around Amsterdam![img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

sezmo 06-16-2004 09:35 AM

Such a flirt! [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

marloes 06-16-2004 09:40 AM

[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img] You're more than welcome Cille, we have to get together for a business meeting anyway, why not in amsterdam [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

sezmo 06-16-2004 09:43 AM

Perfect. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]When's the date of that meeting again? [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Mojo_Pin1980 06-16-2004 09:47 AM

Quote:

Such a flirt! [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Who... me???[img]smileys/smiley23.gif[/img]

I have a girlfriend![img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

sezmo 06-16-2004 09:49 AM

How is the lovely Isabel? Or were you refering to one of your other girlfriends? [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

marloes 06-16-2004 09:49 AM

Quote:

Perfect. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]*When's the date of that meeting again? [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Are you ready for world domination Sarah? [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]