The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   HMV last night (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4651)

*Killian* 07-02-2004 12:26 PM

Hey guys, hows it goin? my first post here! was at the gig last night..very impressed considering the only price i had to pay was 2 be in town at 7.30 wed morning!

thought the version of I Remember was excellent and loved the new song, Accidental Babies! what did everyone else think? its was my first time actually seenig damo (iv missed about 5 of his gigs cos of school!)...so how did it compare to his other gigs?

Michelle Joey 07-02-2004 12:28 PM

Welcome Killian! [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Wheels 07-02-2004 12:29 PM

Welcome

Banjaxed 07-02-2004 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Killian*

Hey guys, hows it goin? my first post here! was at the gig last night..very impressed considering the only price i had to pay was 2 be in town at 7.30 wed morning!

thought the version of I Remember was excellent and loved the new song, Accidental Babies! what did everyone else think? its was my first time actually seenig damo (iv missed about 5 of his gigs cos of school!)...so how did it compare to his other gigs?

hey welcome.

the gig itself was good. it's hard to say, it was very different to most of his gigs. as a band and even at the solo gig musically they've been more impressive in the past but last night was just really "nice". I got the feeling that damo just wanted to do it as a favour for the fans.

it was good of him to ask if everyone could see and to try to get ppl to sit down so more ppl could see. it showed he cared.

*Killian* 07-02-2004 12:39 PM

yeh he did want all the fans to enjoy it, just cos i heard at previous gigs the crowd wasnt the best....shouting and stuff, but last nightthey weregreat...more of an appreciation of the music..i think anyway

Michelle Joey 07-02-2004 12:44 PM

Damien's probably the nicest person to fans ever-he's so kind

#Ian# 07-02-2004 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Killian*
yeh he did want all the fans to enjoy it, just cos i heard at previous gigs the crowd wasnt the best....shouting and stuff, but last night*they were*great...more of an appreciation of the music..i think anyway

Last night there would only have been hardcore fans there who made the effort to get up early for the passes so they would have been more respectfull, there were no "hmm Damien Rice is gigging, he's kinda OK lets go becasue there is nothing else to do" types.

The most noticable thing I thought about the audience was that there were no calls of "Wheres Lisa?", having said that I was really tempted to call out "Wheres Shane?", poor guy is the forgotten man of the group.

Just because he doesn't write the songs or sing beautifully or is bald and wears dresses on stage or does insane covers doesn't mean he should be forgotten.

Michelle Joey 07-02-2004 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #Ian#

"Wheres Shane?", poor guy is the forgotten man of the group.

So true. He's probably the quietest too.

*Killian* 07-02-2004 12:59 PM

"Just because he doesn't write the songs or sing beautifully or is bald and wears dresses on stage or does insane covers doesn't mean he should be forgotten."

^ so true

Banjaxed 07-02-2004 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle Joey

Quote:

Originally Posted by #Ian#

"Wheres Shane?", poor guy is the forgotten man of the group.

So true. He's probably the quietest too.

i spoke to shane for about 2 hours a few months ago. he's not quiet actually at all. just not bothered by all the fuss.

*Killian* 07-02-2004 01:04 PM

and not to disrespect lisa, shane or tomo...but i really dont think they were missed too much last night....damien and vivienne did a really great job...in saying that though it was only my first gig so im not speaking from experience!

Michelle Joey 07-02-2004 01:07 PM

No I meant quiet onstage...god Banjaxed you're really getting to know the band,can I come to the next gig with you?!

Banjaxed 07-02-2004 01:17 PM

Quote:

No I meant quiet onstage...god Banjaxed you're really getting to know the band,can I come to the next gig with you?!

I was backstage at the Bam benifit gig till 3am. Damo and Lisa didn't appear until about 2 and i was wasted at that stage. I spent most of the time talking to Shane, I was talking to Tomo for a couple of mins too.

Then I had a 20min drunken (i was drunk, he wasn't) conversation with damo. poor guy had to endure it.

before left i managed to get a goodnight hug from lisa... which sent me home happy.

Michelle Joey 07-02-2004 01:25 PM

Right I'm coming with you,whether you want me to or not!

Backstage...talking to Damien for 20 minutes...[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Banjaxed 07-02-2004 01:32 PM

Quote:

Backstage...talking to Damien for 20 minutes...[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

one of my friends sent be a big list of questions about him afterwards. I answered them all and replied, i'll post the Q&A here if you want (if i can find it).

sezmo 07-02-2004 01:39 PM

Quote:

I'm coming too! http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/smileys/smiley17.gif

Michelle Joey 07-02-2004 01:45 PM

Ooh that'd be great Banjaxed thanks!

Woohoo Sarah-party time [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

sezmo 07-02-2004 01:47 PM

And I'm already experienced at talking to the stars when I'm wasted! [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Michelle Joey 07-02-2004 01:53 PM

Who do you mean? Emmett? [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

sezmo 07-02-2004 01:54 PM

Of course! [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Michelle Joey 07-02-2004 01:55 PM

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Banjaxed 07-02-2004 02:14 PM

Quote:

Ooh that'd be great Banjaxed thanks!

Woohoo Sarah-party time [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

think it's on my email account at home, i'll post it later. there'snothing amazing in it, it's more like, "and how tall was he?", and "who was he talking to mostly" and "what was he drinking"?

i'll post it anyway, as long as there's none of the secrets he told me in there... hee heee heee

Michelle Joey 07-02-2004 02:20 PM

Hmm when I met him he was drinking some orange frothy drink in a wine glass,still don't know what it was [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Tink 07-02-2004 02:25 PM

Welcome [img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]