The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Goldfish Memory (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14201)

Valentino 05-19-2007 08:13 AM

Goldfish Memory

Alright, I'll admit it. The only reason I saw this movie (Goldfish Memory) was because both Damien and Lisa were on the soundtrack. And yes, "Cold Water" and other songs like "Desafinado" were played throughout the movie but overall I thought it was a utter waste of time. But I'm not here to bash on the movie, I just wanted to see if anyone else had seen it and what they thought about it. By the way, I really don't think Damien's music should have been used at all cuz it was really out of place. One particular scene (spoiler alert!) was when one of the actresses came back to her apartment after breaking up with her girlfriend only to find her pet goldfish had died and was floating in his water bowl. Then a few seconds later you hear that familiar voice singing "Cold, cold water....surrounds me now..." Not cool at all, but it was kinda ironic I guess, in a weird-twisted-thinking death is funny-(which I don't)-kind of way. If you want to see the movie for the main reason I did (which was because Damien did a lot of the soundtrack) then go for it but I was fortunate to have rented it for free, lucky me. 2 out of 5.

By the way, the use of Damien's music was much better in the movie "Closer." This is also where a lot of people first heard Damien and the movie wasn't that bad anyway. Peace.

Devilock 05-19-2007 10:13 AM

I've seen it too, and I don't think it was that bad. It didn't leave much of an impression though, because I forgot most of it. But I do remember that at the time I thought it was okay.

Moves-My-World 05-19-2007 11:17 AM

Is this the film about the dating scene in Dublin? I think there's already a thread on it :)

pinkpinkmoon 05-19-2007 11:16 PM

I actually also saw it because Damien and Lisa were on it. I made my husband watch it with me, and we were definitely yawning about halfway through the movie. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't my favorite.

I also agree about Closer - which is one of about 7 movies that I own.

Amie R. 01-31-2011 11:44 AM

I haven't been able to watch this movie because the beginning is slow and boring,but I bought the soundtrack loooong ago and I was listening today Damien and Lisa singing in Portugues (which is my mother language) "aguas de marco" and I just started laughing because half of the song I can't quite understand what Damien is saying lol But they are both very cute singing in português! Lisa sounds just like a child <3

verenita 01-31-2011 12:11 PM

lol! but remember that portuguese from brasil and portuguese from portugal sounds quite different ;)

i tried to find the film online, but no luck. anybody know where i can find it?

Amie R. 01-31-2011 04:22 PM

The songs are brazilian Vere. it's bossa nova,both Desafinado and Aguas de marco.

verenita 01-31-2011 11:20 PM

i was sure about that ;) haha, i was only kidding... cause i know people from brazil who say that the portuguese language from portugal is a different language :p

Amie R. 02-01-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verenita (Post 364455)
i was sure about that ;) haha, i was only kidding... cause i know people from brazil who say that the portuguese language from portugal is a different language :p

It's a bit different,but just like spanish from argentina and from spain I guess...

cille 02-01-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valentino (Post 312780)

By the way, the use of Damien's music was much better in the movie "Closer." This is also where a lot of people first heard Damien and the movie wasn't that bad anyway. Peace.

I was bored senseless throughout 'closer'. To me, that was a waste of time, even with the few minutes of Damien music in there.

cille 02-01-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amie R. (Post 364423)
(...) But they are both very cute singing in português! Lisa sounds just like a child <3

Actually often I think Lisa sounds like a little boy singing, especially when she was with Damien :D

verenita 02-01-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cille (Post 364468)
I was bored senseless throughout 'closer'.

me too... it´s just reminded how much i like damiens song. i remember i was at the theather with my sister and when TBD started... i got very excited and i told her: "OMG. i so love this song, i can´t believe thye are playing it!"... but i have to admite i couldn´t rememer damien´s name, he :D

karla... you´re probably right... but hardest spanish comes from chilean for me.

eva_arg 02-01-2011 02:51 PM

both Closer and Goldfish Memory are mind-blowingly boring to me. I couldn't even finish watching GM. but I love all the Damien songs in it, specially the Waters of March cover.

Amie R. 02-01-2011 03:34 PM

Closer is one of my favorites movies ever,but I couldn't give Goldfish memory 10 min of my time!