The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Musician Stuff (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   9 Crimes Sheet Music (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11881)

rockthesmurf 11-12-2006 12:18 PM

9 Crimes Sheet Music

Hello there,

After finishing Accidental Babies I couldn't help but push on and do 9 Crimes too. I remember when I first listened to Damien Rice I liked the music, it was delicate and beautiful, but the lyrics didn't seem to relate directly to me, but now a lot of it seems so true to life, mainly because of things that happened in my life.

Anyway,

9 crimes - Page 1/2
9 crimes - Page 2/2

Any feedback on either of my scores would be appreciated.

Steve
xo

Dean C 11-12-2006 12:58 PM

This is really kind of you to do. I know it takes a great deal of time to transcribe music. But I'm afraid the links are down :( Would it be possible to export them to pdf? If so i'll host them for you as it'll be a bit more stable.

rockthesmurf 11-12-2006 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean C
This is really kind of you to do. I know it takes a great deal of time to transcribe music. But I'm afraid the links are down :( Would it be possible to export them to pdf? If so i'll host them for you as it'll be a bit more stable.

Ok, I just converted the images to single pdf's, one for each song; I haven't converted to .pdf before so I hope it's been done correctly, should I email these to you? Or do you have some details where I can upload them to?

Steve
xo

Emelie 11-12-2006 02:08 PM

You could upload it to rapidshare.com or some other place like megaupload.. These are all free. It wpuld be really kind if you could upload the Accidental Babies sheet at the same time.. I've been looking for these for days and I would love you forever ;)

rockthesmurf 11-12-2006 02:24 PM

Well until a better solution is available:

Accidental Babies

9 Crimes

Appologies, I'll have to moan at my webhost, I don't pay them good money to be down half the time :(.

Steve
xo

liswyn 11-12-2006 03:23 PM

Ooh... you did a wonderful job. It's painstaking to transcribe music notation - which is why I never do it. :) I just end up playing my own variations of the arpeggios.

Emelie 11-12-2006 05:33 PM

You are amazing! Thank you, a thousand times, thank you!

rockthesmurf 11-12-2006 08:56 PM

Your kind comments made it all worth while.

Steve
xo

srahman24 11-13-2006 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emelie
You are amazing! Thank you, a thousand times, thank you!

I second this! Thanks a lot! I can't wait to see more... (meaning, please do more!)

rockthesmurf 11-13-2006 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srahman24
I second this! Thanks a lot! I can't wait to see more... (meaning, please do more!)

What song/songs did you have in mind?

Steve
xo

Emelie 11-13-2006 02:56 PM

The piano version of Rootless tree is very beautiful, if you've heard it ;)

srahman24 11-13-2006 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockthesmurf
What song/songs did you have in mind?

Steve
xo

Well, since you asked, I'd love to see The Animals Were Gone... :)

And I definitely second the piano version of Rootless Tree idea!

rockthesmurf 11-13-2006 10:07 PM

Quote:

Not that I'm promising to tab it, I'm just interested in hearing it - do you know where I can get the piano version from?

srahman24
Dandy little dreamer

Quote:

Originally Posted by srahman24
Well, since you asked, I'd love to see The Animals Were Gone...

That is one of my favourite songs on the album, I just find it quite sad and am not sure how much I fancy having to listen to it on loop while I tab it out, I might end up in some sort of depression. Plus it has three guitars (or two with chorus) right from the offset so that makes things a lot trickier to tab, maybe I'll just have a go at getting the main guitar part, I play along with it at the moment on the guitar but more just a bit of fun rather than anything even half accurate.

If you are stuck finding anything at all for it then the absolute shoddy basics are:

G, G, C, C->C/B, Am, Am, G, G,G/F#, Em, Em, Am, Am, B5, B5

Which you just pick in an appegio style, oh, and the B5 is definatlely wrong, heh, hmm, these are the sort of 'dodgy tabs' that I normally like to avoid, but yea it works roughly:

animals gone wrong

No need to comment on the nastyness of my toneless singing, just to give you an idea of the guitar :P.

Steve
xo

Emelie 11-14-2006 12:27 PM

He played Rootless tree on piano on the kcrw show recently.. There are links to download it here: http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/s...9&page=4&pp=30

srahman24 11-14-2006 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockthesmurf
That is one of my favourite songs on the album, I just find it quite sad and am not sure how much I fancy having to listen to it on loop while I tab it out, I might end up in some sort of depression. Plus it has three guitars (or two with chorus) right from the offset so that makes things a lot trickier to tab, maybe I'll just have a go at getting the main guitar part, I play along with it at the moment on the guitar but more just a bit of fun rather than anything even half accurate.

If you are stuck finding anything at all for it then the absolute shoddy basics are:

G, G, C, C->C/B, Am, Am, G, G,G/F#, Em, Em, Am, Am, B5, B5

Which you just pick in an appegio style, oh, and the B5 is definatlely wrong, heh, hmm, these are the sort of 'dodgy tabs' that I normally like to avoid, but yea it works roughly:

animals gone wrong

No need to comment on the nastyness of my toneless singing, just to give you an idea of the guitar :P.

Steve
xo

Yeah, I totally understand - thanks for the arpeggio's though! I can read sheet music just fine, but coming up with it on my own is always hell.

And your singing is no where near toneless! Or maybe I'm just a sucker for British accents? :p

dawno 11-15-2006 12:30 AM

Thanks so much for taking the trouble to do this!

johnnybgoode3218 11-16-2006 06:32 PM

Sheet music for grey room?

johnnybgoode3218 11-16-2006 06:33 PM

just if you have it, not if you have to go and transcribe it, thats far too much work.

rockthesmurf 11-18-2006 07:41 PM

Quote:

I've actually created a new thread for this, but I thought I'd post here too just to keep things neat. I've completed a piano transcription of rootless tree from the live session you mentioned. I've also included the vocal melody and lyrics:

rootless tree live@kcrw - piano transcription

I hope it's accurate; when I was looking up the lyrics I found different variations on different sites, most of which didn't seem too accurate, so I've included what I believe to be right, but I'm more than happy to make any corrections should you spot any.

Enjoy,

Steve
xo

Emelie 11-20-2006 04:15 PM

Have you listened to the recording of Accidental Babies from KCRW? If I'm not very mistaken, it's completely different.. Well, not completely, but there are just a lot of things added everywhere!

rockthesmurf 11-20-2006 07:58 PM

Haven't really listened to it. My transcription was for the album version though.

Inebria 11-24-2006 08:20 AM

Yay! Thank you so much. Very kind.