The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Why do girls come out to beautiful gigs (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3096)

RyanRunner 03-26-2004 04:27 PM

Everytime i go to really nice gig there are beautiful girls around and i never see them out in the street or somewhere else. and the most sweetest women i saw came to the damien rice gig. they must work, they need food or they have to sit in a park. Where are they. i mean girls who arent like some typical "disco dancing boring" girls. really interesting girls. they must travel with damien rice. THEY MUST BE IRISH. is there anybody who understands what i am talking ??[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Wheels 03-26-2004 04:30 PM

Anyone who went to Vicar St in Sept will know exactly what you mean... [img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]

véro 03-26-2004 05:25 PM

oh lala! I promise you, they are not only Irish...

I do feel the same with boys, I always fall in love silently in concerts with men I don't know, and that I don't meet somewhere else.

That is not fair!

The Weatherman 03-26-2004 05:29 PM

that Bam gig was great for girls! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Donsie B! 03-26-2004 05:30 PM

Dmn it i reaal gotta go more gigs....anyone got a time machine so i can go 2 vicar street las September...[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

Wheels 03-26-2004 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheels
Anyone who went to Vicar St in Sept will know exactly what you mean... [img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]

Or was that December? [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

RyanRunner 03-26-2004 05:35 PM

hey vero, thats excactly the same with me. i wish those girls at least would notice that theres a little boy watching and dreaming...

daol20 03-26-2004 05:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Anyone who went to Vicar St in Sept will know exactly what you mean... http://www.our-adams-family.co.uk/em...s/smiley32.gif

Or was that December? http://www.our-adams-family.co.uk/em...ys/smiley5.gif

Was wondering what gig you meant alright!

</span>
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Weatherman
that Bam gig was great for girls! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Yeah Marty, you spent the whole night checking out the ladies that were sitting beside me!

Im surprised you remember anything of the gig!!

</span>

#Ian# 03-26-2004 06:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Or was that December? [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

It was, I know what you mean, I was sharing a table at that gig with a really gorgeous girl, I was quite smitten for the duration of the gig.

Enoch 03-26-2004 06:21 PM

Anyone with even an elementary knowledge of stalking can tell you how to find the ladies [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

The Weatherman 03-26-2004 06:26 PM

we're lucky, Damien attracts the ladies to his gigs. [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Louise 03-27-2004 12:06 PM

em, boys...talk to the girls!!!!!!!!!!!! If you see a girl you like, talk to her, at the very least she'll be flattered. I wish more random people came and spoke to me.

Although having said that I dont go and talk to the guys I admire. But maybe thats because I stare at them in a frightening way... [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Uno- X 03-27-2004 12:08 PM

Quote:

you talkin about those 2 blondes?

Wheels 03-27-2004 12:10 PM

[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img] And a few others!

Uno- X 03-27-2004 12:11 PM

[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Kristi 03-27-2004 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louise
em, boys...talk to the girls!!!!!!!!!!!! If you see a girl you like, talk to her, at the very least she'll be flattered. I wish more random people came and spoke to me.

Although having said that I dont go and talk to the guys I admire. But maybe thats because I stare at them in a frightening way... [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

I KNOW! It doesnt do any good to admire from afar....haha but i actually do go up to guys, and they probably think im nuts, but who cares! no regrets right! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Miss Pink 03-27-2004 09:36 PM

Oh poor boys and girls not talkin to each other!! Wheels talkto me, You know the way i like it. In the Corkonian way (I mean that in a nice way )

Wheels 03-27-2004 10:19 PM

[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Miss Pink 03-27-2004 10:27 PM

Derdego forte laures inaro
Demarent laures demar trux
Fulov cowsan hensan dux

I nu what that ment I learned last summer!!!!! and [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]to you too. I just need a tlkin buddy!!!

Wheels 03-27-2004 10:33 PM

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Miss Pink 03-27-2004 10:35 PM

Stop laughing at me!!!!!!!

Wheels 03-27-2004 10:36 PM

Okay [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Miss Pink 03-27-2004 11:14 PM

STOP SMILING LIKE THAT!!!!!!!

Wheels 03-27-2004 11:15 PM

[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img] This betteR?

Miss Pink 03-27-2004 11:18 PM

yes

Aisling 03-28-2004 10:17 AM

hi

lets give aislings opinion on things....

iwould completely agree with ryan, i know (no offense to anyone now) my more interesting/genuinely good looking girls always come to gigs with me. the girls who i go clubbing with (on the rare occasion i do go clubbing) are the girls who think they the more beautiful are really just the skanks. and its the same with boys....all the nicest boys are at gigs. even all the eskimo boys....[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

#Ian# 03-28-2004 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louise

Dammit woman, stop talking sense, where did talking sense ever get us?

Actually I did talk to her but she seemed to be in love with Damien and noone else would ever measure up.

Patricia 03-28-2004 01:43 PM

Oh come on Ian! At least you're taller than him! [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

#Ian# 03-28-2004 01:58 PM

Yeah, little midget hobbit freak. If only musical talent was measured in a mans height.

jendolyn 03-28-2004 02:22 PM

Any of you know the Violent Femmes? It's quite an oldish band, their most famous song would be "Blister in the sun" I guess. I was in highschool, went to their gig and fell for a vaguely eddie vedder looking fella (grunge was the thing back then even if my mum wouldn't allow it lol)(what makes you think you'll go out dressed like THAT)(yes well anyway).I didn't go up and talk to him.

My point being .. all those internal organ munching insecurities that stop you from going up to talk to that girl are prolly the same ones that are stopping her from coming to talk to you. Club goers are just an entirely different race.And no, I didn't just call myself beautiful indirectly just for going to said concerts.