The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What is your favourite Damo pic? (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14054)

RonjaGirl 05-03-2007 05:03 PM

What is your favourite Damo pic?
 
1 Attachment(s)
I think one of my favourite Damo pis is this:
Hi is so adorable! I loooove him!!! :love10:
Anyway, what is your favourite Damien pic?

Wheels 05-03-2007 05:06 PM

Hadn't seen that, where's it from?

RonjaGirl 05-03-2007 05:26 PM

I don`t know anymore.Sorry! :smiley24:

Ligi 05-05-2007 05:18 AM

Aww he looks so furry, like a sesame street muppet!

RonjaGirl 08-09-2007 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheels
Hadn't seen that, where's it from?

I found the picture again. It is from this page
http://3voor12.vpro.nl/3voor12/festi...&news=11467844
it is better quality then the one I posted here.
I was taken April 19th 2003. You can actually listen to the show here
http://3voor12.vpro.nl/artiesten/artiest/11391468

borneoman 08-09-2007 01:36 AM

Thanks for the link!!! That picture is funny... it had to be in AMSTERDAM!!! Funny how he refers to his songs as "****ed up emotional experiments" in the interview...

and thanks for the link to the concert!! Never heard it before!!!

RonjaGirl 08-09-2007 01:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm glad that you like it. I haven't been able to listen to the concert and the interview, but I hope to listen to it soon.
It would be cool if anyone could make mp3s ,that I cold listen to it. The computer I'm using now, doesn't have RealPlayer on it.

And i just found this picture of Damien Ian Dempsey
He looks pretty cute on this.

I found it on this site
http://www.todayfm.com/photoWallPhot...photoID=710897

borneoman 08-09-2007 07:42 AM

That interview is very interesting, maybe someone can translate from Dutch to English. I understand more or less but not well enough to translate it all.

Some funny things, he calls himself a control freak hippie... He also mentions that he never listens to music, barely owns 10 albums, and that the inspiration for his music in the things that he makes himself (prob a reference to Me,my yoke and I here ;) I really like the bit in which he refers to his songs as f**up emotional experiments, then he says that all his songs are different one from the other. He says his songs go from 'grief to anger' (verdriet tot boosheid)

And that Paradiso London Calling show is just amazing. He does Delicate, Woman like a man, I Remember with a bit of Kylie's Can't get you out of my head, then Coldwater with Hallelujah with Lisa on backing vocals (almost sounds like a duet, so beautiful), then Volcano, and ending with The blower's daughter with the Creep bit.

Give me 5 minutes and I'll put the mp3s online!!

Follow the link:
http://www.4shared.com/dir/3501520/f...ling_2003.html

Lin@ 08-09-2007 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borneoman
Give me 5 minutes and I'll put the mp3s online!!

Marti, I love you! :smiley1: Seriously. I've always wanted to have that Kylie-version of "I Remember". You made my day.

Emelie 08-09-2007 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I found this picture somewhere and it just cracks me up for some reason :smiley4:

bjmo11 08-09-2007 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emelie
I found this picture somewhere and it just cracks me up for some reason :smiley4:


looks like hes going for the blue-steel zoolander look.

Emelie 08-09-2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjmo11
looks like hes going for the blue-steel zoolander look.

I think it's looking more like a Magnum, personally...

mariaoran 08-09-2007 05:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Borneo... You're awesome, hadn't heard those versions of the songs !

ALright i know this pic is not only Damo but it's a cute pic of the band... i like :D

RonjaGirl 08-09-2007 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borneoman
That interview is very interesting, maybe someone can translate from Dutch to English. I understand more or less but not well enough to translate it all.

Some funny things, he calls himself a control freak hippie... He also mentions that he never listens to music, barely owns 10 albums, and that the inspiration for his music in the things that he makes himself (prob a reference to Me,my yoke and I here ;) I really like the bit in which he refers to his songs as f**up emotional experiments, then he says that all his songs are different one from the other. He says his songs go from 'grief to anger' (verdriet tot boosheid)

And that Paradiso London Calling show is just amazing. He does Delicate, Woman like a man, I Remember with a bit of Kylie's Can't get you out of my head, then Coldwater with Hallelujah with Lisa on backing vocals (almost sounds like a duet, so beautiful), then Volcano, and ending with The blower's daughter with the Creep bit.

Give me 5 minutes and I'll put the mp3s online!!

Follow the link:
http://www.4shared.com/dir/3501520/f...ling_2003.html

Thanks for the mp3s. I'm excited to listen to them. :hello2:
It would be great if anyone could translate the interview..it sounds really interessting.

Ricicle 08-09-2007 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariaoran
Thanks Borneo... You're awesome, hadn't heard those versions of the songs !

ALright i know this pic is not only Damo but it's a cute pic of the band... i like :D



Great picture, whats the award their holding??

R.

x

Nine 08-09-2007 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricicle
Great picture, whats the award their holding??

R.

x

I believe that is the highly prestigious shortlist award, which they won with 'O'.

:smiley32:

srahman24 08-09-2007 08:26 PM

It's the Shortlist Prize:

The Shortlist Music Prize — which carries with it a $5,000 check and went to N.E.R.D. last year — is modeled after the U.K.'s prestigious Mercury Music Prize, except the judges are fellow musicians and artists rather than simply journalists.

This year's panel included the Neptunes, Chris Martin, Flea, Erykah Badu, Perry Farrell, Dave Matthews, Josh Homme, Mos Def, the Chemical Brothers, Tori Amos, Tom Waits and directors Cameron Crowe and Spike Jonze, all of whom voted by absentee ballot at Sunday's Listmaker dinner, where the winner was chosen.

Since the Shortlist Prize is designed for emerging artists, any album that has sold more than 500,000 copies is ineligible when the long list is compiled in the summer. The original list, which consists of about 100 albums, is narrowed down to 10, the coveted Shortlist.

Edit: Oops. Nine beat me to it, oh well... so, here's a picture of Damien:
http://indieblogheaven.typepad.com/i...ce_210244c.jpg

Ricicle 08-09-2007 09:07 PM

Thanks ladies!

The panel of judges have some talent between them!! Now that would be a gig worth seeing!


:smiley32: :hello2: :smiley32:

RonjaGirl 08-09-2007 09:49 PM

You can find more pictures of the shortlist prize here
http://www.viewimages.com/Search.asp...partner=Google
and some adorable pics of Lisa. :smiley9:

Ricicle 08-09-2007 09:52 PM

Think i've just fallen in love all over again!!lol

R.
x

mariaoran 08-09-2007 11:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricicle
Great picture, whats the award their holding??

R.

x


Well i guess everybody beat me to reply!!... so yup Shortlist Award.

Here's another pic... i think my all time fave pic of Damien and Lisa!!!
Cheers!

Ps: ohh and if ya'll wanna see more pics of the band (they're not new) but they're pretty good ones... go here: http://www.ninecrimes.it/gallery.asp

verenita 08-10-2007 02:35 AM

borneo... you´re the best! thanks for your generosity...
and peeps, thanks for these pictures... i like damien very (!!!) much, so i love damien´s pictures!...

Devilock 08-10-2007 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonjaGirl
Thanks for the mp3s. I'm excited to listen to them. :hello2:
It would be great if anyone could translate the interview..it sounds really interessting.


Well, okay. I tried my best....


Influences:

"I don't listen to music. I never listen to the radio and I don't buy any records. I believe I have 10 albums
somewhere in my house. I get inspired by the things that happen to me."


Strongest Part:

"I make music like I'd puke: when it comes, it comes. Then I'll write a song within 20 minutes. It's a
process I don't control. It just happens and doesn't claim credits for my songs [literally translated :S]."


Weakest Part:

"It would be good if I could continually bring music in an honest way. That I play in the mood in which
I am at that moment. I'm becoming better at it. I don't make a setlist, and I try to be as honest as possible
on stage."


Purpose:

"I want more time for myself. When I started making music I was a real control freak. I wanted to do everything
by myself. Now I have a manager, but I'm really a DIY hippy. That's why I released "O" in my own management /
without any record label behind it. I never expected it to be such a success. I liked the record myself, and
I hoped a few others would like it too."

"Also, I want my next album to be released in a ecological package, after all I'm still a hippy..."

Lindsay 08-11-2007 08:12 PM

Thanks borneoman!!
Wow... great set....I Remember was one of the best I've heard, and such a great cover of Hallelujah! Am off to your other folder now....and thanks again for that as well!



edit: oops sorry no fav pic....but generally, I like the dark, brooding pics or those with him in a hoodie and jeans, with a scruffy face and long hair....he's on fire in those :smiley20: !

Nine 08-12-2007 02:05 AM

wtf...

http://a308.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...06718307_l.jpg

borneoman 08-12-2007 02:16 AM

^ Where did you find that??

Nine 08-12-2007 02:26 AM

in the dark depths of my secret cave...

oh dear, i just realised how that sounded.

Nah, i was just looking through some pics I had - and saw that. I have absolutely no idea where it could have come from.

I MEAN i took it, myself, when we used to date, one time

mariaoran 08-12-2007 03:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
very rare!...
defiantely luv Tomo´s attire!

lalla32 08-12-2007 11:03 AM

Bellissima! :) Thank you, mariaoran!

And I love this:

Quote:

It would be good if I could continually bring music in an honest way. That I play in the mood in which
I am at that moment. I'm becoming better at it.

verenita 08-12-2007 08:28 PM

i love this picture!... i have it safe in my pc...
i like his eyes and how relax he seems to be...


Quote:

Originally Posted by Nine



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content copyright © EskimoFriends.com 2002-today. Special thanks to Damien, Lisa, Tomo, Shane & Vyvienne.