The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien's Gigs (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Next stop: BOSTON! (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17608)

DesoleInBoston 04-06-2015 12:59 AM

Next stop: BOSTON!

Finally a Boston show!!! I know a few Eskimo Friends are coming. Send me a PM if you want my cell phone number. Doors are at 6:30, My Bubba is at 7:30.

The Orpheum Theater is in a cool old section of Boston. There's lots of old pubs and restaurants. I have a strange fondness for The Barracuda Tavern, but there's lots of choices nearby.

http://www.barracudatavern.com/index.php

I have to work until 5pm, but I should be free to head downtown after work. I'm hoping to figure out where the Orpheum stage door is before Tuesday :) .

Kris (local eskimo)

mikerennie 04-06-2015 02:09 AM

Yes finally!!!

In 2006 I think he came out the front entrance. I remember hearing Lisa and Damien were out near the 7-11. I think the back door is on winter street. I might take a walk up there tomorrow to check it out too. My office is pretty close to the venue.

Cant wait.

madhat181 04-06-2015 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikerennie (Post 381870)
Yes finally!!!

In 2006 I think he came out the front entrance. I remember hearing Lisa and Damien were out near the 7-11. I think the back door is on winter street. I might take a walk up there tomorrow to check it out too. My office is pretty close to the venue.

Cant wait.

Now you have to meet up with him after every show, just in case. Don't forget to bring your guitar :icon_kidr

mikerennie 04-06-2015 07:23 PM

I have been refreshing ticketmaster every hour.

Some new ones just dropped! Pulled 2 second row dead center tickets.

So ****ing pumped.

Since I have been climbing the ticket ladder, I have two decent tickets available. Face value.

-Mike

daveydave 04-07-2015 01:06 AM

Anyone know when My Bubba has been finishing their set, and when Damien has been hitting the stage?

Just wondering. Getting out of work and don't want to rush unless I have to.

conanemily 04-07-2015 01:26 AM

Both in NY and DC: My Bubba started at 8 sharp, finished in around 30 minutes. Damien started a little after 9

Carol Vaghar 04-07-2015 02:18 AM

Would love to meet up before tomorrow's Boston show. LMK.

Can't wait for the show��

Carol

borneoman 04-07-2015 02:20 AM

tomorrow starts a bit earlier
7:30 My Bubba
8:30 Damo

verenita 04-07-2015 03:01 PM

tonight is the night, guys... enjoy :)

DesoleInBoston 04-07-2015 07:05 PM

Thanks for the kind wishes, vere!

So I never really came up with a better plan, so I'll head to the Barracuda Tavern at 6pm. It's around the corner from the Orpheum at 15 Bosworth Street. It's a bit hidden, you have to go up a flight of stairs. I'm a short brunette with a gray and black striped dress. Marti, Cuuliem, Carol, Mike, any Eskimos, come say hi!

borneoman 04-07-2015 07:10 PM

hi we´ve been walking around Boston all day, had the fattest bestest lunch ever at the wharf :) sure we can try and find that tavern

madhat181 04-07-2015 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesoleInBoston (Post 381918)
Thanks for the kind wishes, vere!

So I never really came up with a better plan, so I'll head to the Barracuda Tavern at 6pm. It's around the corner from the Orpheum at 15 Bosworth Street. It's a bit hidden, you have to go up a flight of stairs. I'm a short brunette with a gray and black striped dress. Marti, Cuuliem, Carol, Mike, any Eskimos, come say hi!

The striped dress makes it's return!:smiley32:

DesoleInBoston 04-07-2015 07:33 PM

I am a cartoon character of myself.

cuuliem 04-07-2015 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesoleInBoston (Post 381867)
Finally a Boston show!!! I know a few Eskimo Friends are coming. Send me a PM if you want my cell phone number. Doors are at 6:30, My Bubba is at 7:30.

The Orpheum Theater is in a cool old section of Boston. There's lots of old pubs and restaurants. I have a strange fondness for The Barracuda Tavern, but there's lots of choices nearby.

http://www.barracudatavern.com/index.php

I have to work until 5pm, but I should be free to head downtown after work. I'm hoping to figure out where the Orpheum stage door is before Tuesday :) .

Kris (local eskimo)

Marti maria and I will be there between 6-630pm

Circa1992 04-07-2015 08:37 PM

Have fun you guys...wish I were there!

conanemily 04-07-2015 08:50 PM

enjoy tonight guys!! jealous. i should have taken this week off!!

dawno 04-07-2015 09:25 PM

Have a great time tonight everyone!!

cuuliem 04-07-2015 10:24 PM

Theres 4 of us now. Waiting for everyone to come. Not sure we can keep the two tables for a long time tho

signalfire 04-07-2015 11:59 PM

Have an amazing time tonight!

borneoman 04-08-2015 03:01 AM

The rat within the grain
Long way/Cold water medley

Ciao ;)

Circa1992 04-08-2015 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borneoman (Post 381948)
The rat within the grain
Long way/Cold water medley

Ciao ;)

Nice! Can't wait to hear more!

JasonBono 04-08-2015 03:28 AM

Amazing show. I'd give NY an 8 and tonight a 10, just a better set, more energy, better crowd, Damien was on water instead of Wine, less comfortable seating...

Don't remember the order of songs but it went something like this:

MFFF
Elephant
Amie/Sex Change
Older Chests
Rat within the grain
Greatest Bastard
The Box
It takes a lot to know a man
Delicate
woman like a man
The Professor
Volcano
9 Crimes
I remember

Encores:
Change your mind
Cannonball
Blowers Daughter
Long Long Way

I know the order is somewhat off but this was just from memory. Amazing amazing show, Thank you Damien!

mikerennie 04-08-2015 04:00 AM

I have to disagree with your comment on the crowd. I thought the crowd was a disgrace and I'm embarrassed for the lovely city of Boston.

Nevertheless the show was amazing. But it had a different vibe than the 5 NYC shows I went to in the last 5 months. I can't put my finger on it at the moment but something seemed out of place.

However we couldn't have asked for a better ending, Long long way / cold water was just gut-wrenchingly beautiful and he didn't drop his guitar this time.

I have it on video. Hopefully tomorrow I will find some time to get all this media posted.

-Mike

ashleyz 04-08-2015 04:09 AM

The show was amazing. Damien was fantastic as always. I was intermittently happy and disappointed with the crowd. Sometimes they were good and sometimes they were terrible. Damien seemed more comfortable with the songs than he did last year as everyone has been saying.

Long way/cold water was a perfect ending to the show. So fantastic.

borneoman 04-08-2015 04:15 AM

great show, both NY and Boston have been amazing so far

correct tracklist

MFFF (unplugged)
Elephant
The rat within the grain
Amie > Sex change
Older chests
The Box
The Greatest Bastard
Woman like a man
It Takes a lot to know a man
The Professor
Delicate
Volcano
9 crimes
I Remember
---
I don´t wanna change you
Cannonball
The blower´s daughter
Long Way>Cold Water>Long Way

madhat181 04-08-2015 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikerennie (Post 381952)

However we couldn't have asked for a better ending, Long long way / cold water was just gut-wrenchingly beautiful and he didn't drop his guitar this time.

The guitar drop was planned and will be the only time he will perform it that way. It was a rare treat at the Beacon.:oops::icon_kidr

madhat181 04-08-2015 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borneoman (Post 381955)
great show, both NY and Boston have been amazing so far

correct tracklist

MFFF (unplugged)
Elephant
The rat within the grain
Amie > Sex change
Older chests
The Box
The Greatest Bastard
Woman like a man
It Takes a lot to know a man
The Professor
Delicate
Volcano
9 crimes
I Remember
---
I don´t wanna change you
Cannonball
The blower´s daughter
Long Way>Cold Water>Long Way

Did he used the electric guitar For any songs?

Carol Vaghar 04-08-2015 04:27 AM

It was a FANTASTIC show - very intense. I thought the crowd was much better that at Warsaw, where I saw him last fall. I was three rows back from the stage - whomever I bought the ticket from (somebody here) THANK YOU! JasonBono I think you covered it all - and from memory too! Wished I could have met some of you before the show - work got in the way. I have some decent photos that I will try to post tomorrow. Too wired to sleep!

borneoman 04-08-2015 04:28 AM

no, the electric guitar was there standing but was not used

ashleyz 04-08-2015 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carol Vaghar (Post 381959)
I thought the crowd was much better that at Warsaw, where I saw him last fall.

Agreed! The crowd was definitely better than the Warsaw!