The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   "What if I'm Wrong" (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16229)

nassau 01-23-2010 04:16 PM

"What if I'm Wrong"

"When The Dragon Swallowed The Sun: You are the first to know: Damien Rice will attend the world premiere on Sunday, February 7th AND he will perform for the first time in public our title song "What if I'm wrong?" Please continue to check the festival's website www.sbiff.org. We expect you will be able to buy single tickets soon. Please stay tuned for further updates. See you at the movies!"

this info is from the "When The Dragon Swallowed The Sun" facebook page.

verenita 01-23-2010 04:23 PM

thanks for let us know :)
looking foward to listen the song.

insanebaby 01-23-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verenita (Post 355674)
looking foward to listen the song.

oh yeah !!

cille 01-23-2010 08:28 PM

If this was Facebook, I'd hit the 'like' button

dboyd 01-23-2010 11:29 PM

^we needs a like button!! haha

verenita 01-24-2010 03:48 AM

what for? we have words :p

jasmineha 01-24-2010 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cille (Post 355679)
If this was Facebook, I'd hit the 'like' button

Are you a facebook fanatic like me? I'm on the eskimo friends on facebook but nobody ever says anything!!!!

cille 01-24-2010 09:04 AM

^i don't know if I'm a fanatic, but yeah I'm there. a lot. Too much actually.
Yeah I haven't checked in on the eskimofriends fb page recently either.

Amie R. 01-24-2010 10:26 AM

Hope he performs the song in europe too and soon!! then maybe I can go...but santa Barbara? too far...

Joyful 01-24-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verenita (Post 355687)
what for? we have words :p

So true Verenita! Facebook makes you lazy with words. But I, too, am a fan of the "like" button and of Facebook itself. It's so fun! I am surprised that you have held out so long. :)

verenita 01-24-2010 05:25 PM

imho, facebook makes you lazy at so many things, but i canīt say too much about facebook, since iīm beyond reticent to it, so i wouldnīt be fair for sure.

back on topic... no much more to say :p... i WANT to listen to the song :D

Samart 01-24-2010 06:13 PM

LOL, what is that "Like" button ? I use Facebook, but never used that button. Maybe I should not, because it seems addictive...

Want to hear that Damien composition asap!

borneoman 01-25-2010 02:42 PM

Vere, why you think FB makes you lazy????? Just curious...

I think FB is ok, in the sense that it helps you connect with old friends and people you know but don't see very often... and it's up to you to choose if you wanna share nothing or a lot...

verenita 01-25-2010 03:17 PM

well, i donīt mean to make a discussion about facebook and i know that it makes something easier somehow. but, to me, it give me nothing more than what e-mails or phone give me. and i think fb cause a lot of (hidden and not that much) troubles that i donīt want to struggle with. itīs fine by me if everybody around the world wants to be on facebook and every each is free (generally speaking, of course) to use. itīs just i donīt choose that way of communication, and i think itīs fine too.

but to answer your specific question. letīs say: some friends of mine tell me: "Iīd like TO SHARE some pics of -whatever- with you"; "good, send them by email"; "oh, no, no... they are on facebook already"; "u-hu, but iīm not on facebook (and you know that, he)"; "sorry, then, get an account; catch up yourself".
what? i donīt ask to see any pic and iīm surely not die if i donīt see them (even though iīd like, of course). i guess what i mean is if someone expect to change the ways of communications i choose just to adjust them to what they want or like to share something with me... that person misses the point. does it make sense to you? cause itīs hard to explain, even harder by just words, and in another language...

i donīt mean to offend anybody. so, you go and enjoy facebook :p

borneoman 01-25-2010 03:53 PM

^well, pictures can be shared outside of FB, you don't have to be on FB to see them, links can be shared with everyone...

and I think FB is good with those friends that are not super super friends. There's lots of people that you wouldn't send an email for a silly thing cos there's not enough confidence... but you can comment on a post/status and keep the friendship going...

but yep, returning to the subject of the topic...

any Eskimos going to Santa Barbara?????????? :director:

MANGO 01-30-2010 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verenita (Post 355738)
well, i donīt mean to make a discussion about facebook and i know that it makes something easier somehow. but, to me, it give me nothing more than what e-mails or phone give me. and i think fb cause a lot of (hidden and not that much) troubles that i donīt want to struggle with. itīs fine by me if everybody around the world wants to be on facebook and every each is free (generally speaking, of course) to use. itīs just i donīt choose that way of communication, and i think itīs fine too.

but to answer your specific question. letīs say: some friends of mine tell me: "Iīd like TO SHARE some pics of -whatever- with you"; "good, send them by email"; "oh, no, no... they are on facebook already"; "u-hu, but iīm not on facebook (and you know that, he)"; "sorry, then, get an account; catch up yourself".
what? i donīt ask to see any pic and iīm surely not die if i donīt see them (even though iīd like, of course). i guess what i mean is if someone expect to change the ways of communications i choose just to adjust them to what they want or like to share something with me... that person misses the point. does it make sense to you? cause itīs hard to explain, even harder by just words, and in another language...

i donīt mean to offend anybody. so, you go and enjoy facebook :p

I couldn't agree more!!
but I'm more comfortable Twitter !

Well , Is there any means of contacting him?
Like Twitter or facebook..

http://twitter.com/DamienRice <-- It seems he is not there...!

verenita 01-30-2010 06:00 PM

well, i don īt think heīs anywhere, to be honest :p
itīs like having more ways to spread what artists do, i guess. i donīt know anything about twitter, but i think itīs the most intant way of communication. just right the way, i guess.

SisterMidnight 01-31-2010 03:55 AM

damien never tweets. i think his twitter was set up by his management. it's too bad, i'd like to hear little snippets from him now and then.

but i'm with you verenita, i hate facebook! beyond reticent.. i like that ;)

i want to see this film! i hope it doesn't do the film festival circuit forever and never get released in local theaters or on DVD where normal people can see it. i'm still waiting to see the film suck but it's still lost in film festivals for now..

MANGO 01-31-2010 11:12 AM

That's what I think, too ~!!!! >ㅁ< !
but I want to keep in touch with him but I don't know how~~

borneoman 02-02-2010 02:13 PM

so any Eskimos going to the premiere??????? We need report/pics/taping/everything :p

from FB :)

Damien Rice will perform live this weekend in Santa Barbara, California. He will perform "What If I'm Wrong?" - the title song for the film, "When The Dragon Swallowed The Sun", premiering at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival. The film will be screened three times, though Damien will perform at the Sunday, February 7th screening. See www.damienrice.com for ticket information.

verenita 02-02-2010 03:47 PM

i keep my hopes very high for getting a vid, whether it will be from a dear eskimo or not :p

cool if any of you will go anyways :)

borneoman 02-03-2010 02:26 PM

hopefully either (1) someone tapes Damien's live performance or (2) someone tapes the song off the screening... the second might be a bit illegal though...

borneoman 02-03-2010 02:32 PM

hopefully either (1) someone tapes Damien's live performance or (2) someone tapes the song off the screening... the second might be a bit illegal :p :p

MANGO 02-03-2010 04:18 PM

wow ! I'll wait your post about it ! ! :smiley4:

FightthegdFight 02-04-2010 06:23 PM

Are any eskimos heading out to Santa Barbara this weekend and forfeiting their super bowl plans?

Shillelagh 02-08-2010 08:29 AM

any word?

borneoman 02-08-2010 02:22 PM

it's here!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtClCau7B9s

borneoman 02-08-2010 02:25 PM

who's the girl, is that Melanie??? :p

Gorgeous song btw

Rai 02-08-2010 03:15 PM

If only the girl wasn't a replacement brooding background decorative item but a true equal.

Joyful 02-08-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borneoman (Post 356152)

Beautiful song! My favorite in a long time. So glad to hear it.