The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Damien Rice (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   In Dublin for Sean Penn's Birthday (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16477)

sdevine 08-16-2010 05:19 PM

In Dublin for Sean Penn's Birthday

Damien played a private gig for Sean Penn in Dublin at the weekend after flying back from LA. It took place in La Stampa hotel for Penn's 50th birthday, Bono and Kris Kristoffersen were also there.

borneoman 08-16-2010 05:29 PM

^thanks for the info. He's really friends with the stars :) found some pics in this site but cannot download them or even enlarge...

http://www.infevents.com/LightboxDet...px?boxid=77245

verenita 08-17-2010 02:07 AM

cool... i like his jacket :D

mariaoran 08-17-2010 02:31 AM

uggh Sean Penn gets on my nerves...

davidcotyalex 08-17-2010 01:58 PM

you have got to be kidding me??!! what a JOKE!!

and the fact that you cow tow to this nonsense marti shows how far gone you are........................give me a break

wake up people..............you criticize me for stating he isn't a musician yet get all googoo eyed at the notion he played some celebratory birthday party - and you people think you are "hip" and "down to earth???" more like people magazine if you ask me.........

it is crystal clear that this is the decision he has made for himself - congratulate him for his ability to hang out and smoke the herb...............but don't tell me what a spiritually moving incredible artform he is - he may have had some potential call it ten years ago but he has taken the way easy road if you ask me

ok tata for now - off to see an incredible cd release gig tonight for BOTH ray and mr gray!! now that is a LOL!

glo32 08-17-2010 02:22 PM

david, will you go on writing this over and over every time a new thread comes up?
you and marti have different ideas, get over it... there's no need to bring it up all the time...

ElephantMan 08-17-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariaoran (Post 361344)
uggh Sean Penn gets on my nerves...

The party was held by Bono...maybe now its understood what damien was doing there..and he wasnt alone....
Neil Hannon & Cathy Davey, and Gemma Hayes..were also there...so lets call this Bono bringin some Irish musicians to a house party...no more than that

verenita 08-17-2010 03:13 PM

iīm glad gemma and damien were in the same room, so they could talk about singing another song together :p i would love that :D

davidcotyalex 08-17-2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glo32 (Post 361357)
david, will you go on writing this over and over every time a new thread comes up?
you and marti have different ideas, get over it... there's no need to bring it up all the time...

forest for the trees.............marti was simply in the thread

and bono is any better? lol

at least he did have some time when they did put out some very good music I will give you that

Wheels 08-17-2010 04:08 PM

Wow David... way to get worked up over nothing. Chill out.

cille 08-17-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidcotyalex (Post 361356)
you have got to be kidding me??!! what a JOKE!!

and the fact that you cow tow to this nonsense marti shows how far gone you are........................give me a break

wake up people..............you criticize me for stating he isn't a musician yet get all googoo eyed at the notion he played some celebratory birthday party - and you people think you are "hip" and "down to earth???" more like people magazine if you ask me.........

it is crystal clear that this is the decision he has made for himself - congratulate him for his ability to hang out and smoke the herb...............but don't tell me what a spiritually moving incredible artform he is - he may have had some potential call it ten years ago but he has taken the way easy road if you ask me

ok tata for now - off to see an incredible cd release gig tonight for BOTH ray and mr gray!! now that is a LOL!

You're stuck in a groove, Dave

sdevine 08-17-2010 11:39 PM

http://www.showbiz.ie/photos/2010-08-damien-rice.jpg

Amie R. 08-18-2010 09:16 AM

Damien looks so cute! I think Bono got his friends to help him to throw the party. His daughter is playing a role in the movie Sean is shooting in Ireland. Nothing wrong with that!

Amie R. 08-18-2010 09:18 AM

Showbizz.ie hates Damien,but can't stop following the guy! Sounds familiar?I think they stole the picture from other sources though...

bearbait 08-18-2010 01:07 PM

Hopefully Damien talked to Kris Kristofferson there and they will do a collaboration together. I could totally see him involved in a re-make of Highwayman.

Davidcoteyalex - I didn't see anybody getting googley-eyed over Damien being at a party with a bunch of stars. In fact, everybody seemed very low-key about it.

Rai 08-18-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachlanee (Post 361384)
I cannot stand the source of this photo, SHOWBIZ.IE. They are as bad as US weekly, Star, or the Enquirer and have said some pretty rude things about Damien in the past. As much as I love Damien Rice, I am kind of getting over hearing about him popping up spontaneously at friends random gigs. Sean Penn? Uggghhh. He is so pretentious and full of himself! Maybe he can give Sean Penn some lessons in how to be kind and respectful towards others, though. And maybe some anger management as well.

I'm not sure if Damien is the best person to learn anger management, or kindness and respectfulness from. khm.. Munich sound check... khm... Juniper... khm...

Amie R. 08-18-2010 05:58 PM

Oh come one guys you want the man to be perfect? He is just a human being like everybody else...

cille 08-18-2010 06:57 PM

^^ He did that Anger Management/balance course in NY, remember?

mariaoran 08-18-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElephantMan (Post 361358)
The party was held by Bono...maybe now its understood what damien was doing there..and he wasnt alone....
Neil Hannon & Cathy Davey, and Gemma Hayes..were also there...so lets call this Bono bringin some Irish musicians to a house party...no more than that

yeah Bono gets on my nerves too... ;)

Amie R. 08-19-2010 06:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mariaoran (Post 361405)
yeah Bono gets on my nerves too... ;)

I'm so glad to hear that are many like me. Could never stand Bono. But who knows he is a nice person and who knows Damien is better than everyone thinks...we never know...Judging without knowing what's behind is very stupid.
By the way I was just wondering if Bono was planning to ride that pole?? Goooo Girl!

Wheels 08-19-2010 09:08 PM

People give Bono too hard a time... what did he ever do to you? As for the pole, it kinda looks from those 2 pics like he stumbled towards it and held on so that the cameras didnt' see how drunk he was :)

Amie R. 08-19-2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheels (Post 361425)
People give Bono too hard a time... what did he ever do to you? As for the pole, it kinda looks from those 2 pics like he stumbled towards it and held on so that the cameras didnt' see how drunk he was :)

no he never did me a thing and will never do,but we all have the right to have impressions about people,right? And as I said,maybe he is a nice guy. I only know the musician and as a musician he has too much of a celebrity and I don't like that.
If he could do the pole dance I would like him more...

Spamlet 08-20-2010 12:26 PM

The ignorance in this thread is astounding. Sean Penn and Bono are selfish, eh? You're talking about possibly the two most passionately involved celebrities in helping the causes of the oppressed and poor. They annoy you by being strident or on a soapbox but that's how they get things done. There's certainly nothing pretentious about the work they do because they put their money where their mouth is. Penn literally moved down to Haiti after the quake and has been there helping rebuild houses and buildings with his own hands. When Damo hangs out with Snookie and Situation then you can say he's a sellout.

Joyful 08-20-2010 01:55 PM

^:hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2: Where is the "like" button?

Agreed. You are all entitled to your own opinions, likes and dislikes, but I don't get it. Penn and Bono may be loud, but they get things done. And I have no more problem with Damien hanging out with them than I would with him hanging out with any other unknown person working on a humanitarian cause. And to be clear to David- this is not celebrity worship, just respect for people that are honestly helping others in need.

mariaoran 08-23-2010 12:41 AM

^^ Well on my part its not ignorance, its just personal!

But whatever the reason is, lets not call people ignorant for having their own opinions, yeah?!

verenita 08-23-2010 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariaoran (Post 361496)

:eek: :smiley11:
this tyrannous chavez always finds a way to convince some people how "good" he can be. saldy, thereīre a lot of people, even in venezuela (i donīt have to tell you that, maria, i know), who love him :smiley35:

Joyful 08-23-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

But whatever the reason is, lets not call people ignorant for having their own opinions, yeah?!

Sorry Maria. I didn't mean to imply that you were ignorant. I don't think that at all. My apologies.

verenita 08-23-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachlanee (Post 361501)
I have an opinion too, but I'm not liking the direction that this thread is heading, so here's a video instead! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AtP1JGNl7A

good idea ;)
itīs always nice to see his patchwork shirt :D

Amie R. 08-23-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

I very much agree with you. More ignorant is who thinks that others/different opnions is ignorance.

Spamlet 08-24-2010 07:01 PM

Ladies,

I didn't actually call anyone in particular ignorant, I said in the thread there was ignorance as in the dictionary definition: lack of knowledge, learning, information, etc. which there clearly was based on the claims being made.

However, I suppose I could use the term hypocritical: "Judging without knowing what's behind is very stupid." :icon_sant