The Igloo

The Igloo (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vyvienne Long (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Vyv gig in December!!! (http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15193)

RonjaGirl 11-06-2007 09:09 PM

Vyv gig in December!!!

I just found this on Vyv's myspace:

vyvienne long

04 Dez 2007, 20:00
The Village, Dublin

3 girls playing cello, 1 boy each on piano, bass and drums, all on vocals, especially me. Good. More to follow.

Sounds great!!! Someone should go and take pictures and videos and tell us about the gig!! :hello2:

Rai 11-06-2007 09:17 PM

Another gig I'm going to miss out... Jesus, I haven't been to a proper concert since March!!!

Closing_Doors 11-06-2007 09:23 PM

I should be there. Haven't seen Vyv play solo in ages.

mariaoran 11-07-2007 02:03 AM

oooh this sounds sooo great!!!!! ... Rai i think we also need a Task Force Vyv Long! ;);) ... i want pics and recording of this show tooo!!! :D

thanks Ronja!!! :)

administrator 11-07-2007 04:17 PM

Thanks RonjaGirl

RonjaGirl 11-08-2007 05:16 PM

Your welcome!! :wave:

Swedish Professor 11-18-2007 06:03 AM

I'm watching vyv at the village and then watching Josh Ritter a couple of days later. This will be my first trip to Dublin and I look forward to it extremely much. I can't stop listening to They're not waving. Really good.

Off-topic. What is there in Dublin I can't miss in a three-nights-stay? Have in mind I'll be there Mon-fri.

Hope to see anyone there. I'll be the swedish guy in the eskimofriends t-shirt, looking lost.

Bumpman 11-18-2007 11:42 AM

She's playing the same night as Thurston Moore. Poor form.

#Ian# 11-18-2007 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpman
She's playing the same night as Thurston Moore. Poor form.

And Liars.

She'sAlwaysDressedInWhite 11-20-2007 11:00 AM

yeah i will drive down to dundalk for sure...can't do the village cos my friend is playing in dublin that nite and he is too good to miss...

as for the lost sweedish guy...u wanna go to whelans, preferably on thursday/ friday/ weekend period, when tis busy.if you can go up to johnny fox's in the dublin mountains then do it..great food, though a bit far out

guinnes factory is a must-see and prepare that u are going to spend there a couple of hours and will get a free pint....(and will smell like guinness at the end of the tour)

also it is worth doing one of those hope-on/hope-off bus tours in the city....they bring you to all the famous sites and if ur lucky u will get a good, funny guide

yeah..and dublin is too small to get lost...believe me

ritter will be claaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssss

Swedish Professor 11-21-2007 03:22 AM

Thank you so much for the help. My friend who was coming with me just backed out so I will be even more lost. Ritter will be really good, just have to get my hands on some long-tickets now however that will work out. Anyway, once again, thanks for the help. And if you know some good cheap hostels, give me a shout. :)

She'sAlwaysDressedInWhite 11-22-2007 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swedish Professor
Thank you so much for the help. My friend who was coming with me just backed out so I will be even more lost. Ritter will be really good, just have to get my hands on some long-tickets now however that will work out. Anyway, once again, thanks for the help. And if you know some good cheap hostels, give me a shout. :)

yeah, josh is at the edge of selling out all the shows he has...so i think u will have to play some nice price for them tix but will be worth it

hostel-wise

i've only been in one years and years ago but it was safe, clean and friendly.it is in the centre..there are a few closer ones to o'connell bridge, in temple bar but i wouldn't recommend them. they aren't the best safety-wise and u will not be able to sleep from the noise

so here is the link to the one i know about for sure

http://www.fourcourtshostel.com/

oh and this one is close to the olympia too;)

Daniel 11-22-2007 08:39 AM

^ good hostel. stayed there a few times

Closing_Doors 12-04-2007 11:27 PM

Any other eskimos at the gig? Really enjoyed it, it's been quite a while since I last saw Vyv play... September 2006 I think. She's come on leaps and bounds, loved the newer stuff. I recorded the gig, but I'm not sure how it came out yet.

RonjaGirl 12-05-2007 02:31 PM

Yeah!!! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:
Thanks for recording...!!!
Can you tell us what songs she did?