View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 05:31 PM   #1
misty
Malaysian Eskimo

Default Damien Rice @Neon Lights Festival, Singapore - November 29, 2015

It's been a long while since I make a stop here. The thing was, I almost lost hope to ever see him live on stage. But less than 2 weeks ago, I found out from his FB page that he's gonna be in Singapore on the 29, I was over the moon! Spend all my saving (I'm not the type who save much) for the festival and flight ticket and on the 28, I flew all the way from East Malaysia with my best friend, who's also a big fan of his. We spent the night at Changi Airport, since we're travelling in such tight budget. But it definitely worth every dollars we spent when we finally got to see him from the front row, pressed to the fence, a mere metres away from the stage. He opened his set with The Professor & I literally cried as he sang the first line of the verse. I don't know if I was overreacting, but somehow I felt so emotional that I couldn't held my tears. Just when I thought I couldn't ask for more, there he was, backstage, by the fence, entertaining a smaller crowd of fans who were still not geting enough of him (including us!). It was surreal that I got to shake his hand twice, and it's not just a touch-&-go kinda handshake, he had this genuinely appreciative look in his eyes as he squeezed my trembling hand and smile. I'm sorry for this terribly long post, but having to experience that I cant think of any better place to share it but here. Damien Rice is one talented, humble, beautiful man and I'm lucky enough to have seen him in front of my eyes. I'm a fan for life.