View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 11:13 PM   #16
Samart
Nothing unusual...

So.
That was cool.
I arrived tuesday (24th) morning.
Stayed at Times Hostels (8 College Street), located 5 minutes from Grafton Street. It's a very good Youth Hostel.

Went to Grafton Street after lunch. Lots of people. Very good ambiance with lots of young street musicians. Passed through and went to the Saint Stephen's Green Park (that park where Glen chased the guy who stole his money in Once). Turned back to Grafton Street and noticed the big Shopping Mall. Get in the shopping Mall. It was around 14:15. I stayed inside like 45 mn. I really thought that the Busking will took place later in the evening, because of the videos posted in Youtube of the previous years.

But !! When I got out from there and walked back into Grafton Street, I could see a crowd of people gathering, and some sound of guitars and people singing. So, I said to myself, That's It !! They are starting already !!!
I couldn't see any of the artists there. I could only distinguish Glen's big and beautiful voice.

Then I tried and tried to get closer, and noticed Lisa. When I saw Lisa, I don't know why, but I thought immediately Damien won't be there then.

They finished round 1 with "HeyDay". Gosh I wish I could play and sing it with them because I had my guitar with me.

Then, around 17:21 (one of my picture on my phone say so), Glen decided to move a little bit to reach a place to settle all those crazy people (us!!) in place with more space. So we went to where was located the Christmas Tree, cross the street in front of the above park in question.

Then they started round 2.
Bono came after, sang like 4 or 5 songs, then got into his car again and left.
There was some people I could recognise Like Gavin Glass, but I could also recognise some who looked like familier to me, maybe playing with Glen or Lisa on stage, still I'm not sure.

And, ah, ah, I could see myself clearly on that video (The Auld Triangle) :

At the end, most of the people went away, but Glen stayed to take pictures with every single people who wanted to do so. Whoaw, so classy. Saw him on stage many times with Marketa and The Frames, but it's my first time talking with him. He is too gentle and listen to any single stupid thing you want to say to him, and say things like : "Oh, really ? It's cool."
So I did not wanted to bother him to much and introduced me very shortly and just ask for a picture. We shaked hands, and I said thank you and see you next time. I hope I'll meet him again sooner or later.

With Glen.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A_E7i7FCYAARygH.jpg

Saw Lisa on the side few meters away, and ask the girl who was talking with her (her friend I guess) to take a picture of us. Before that, I asked her if she recognised me, because I already talked a little bit with her in Paris when she came to play here a few months ago. It took her like 30 seconds to get me again, and she told me she was very surprised to see a lots of people from far away, but happy with the good vibes.

With Lisa.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A_E6ZVkCIAAgQzp.jpg

You can now find many videos of that event on youtube. I let you search for it if interested.

Glen said : "Thanks you every body and see you next year !!" so I guess there will be such thing again next year.
Now I have to contact Glen before going next time and ask him to join them for some play & sing.

Last edited by Samart; 12-27-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Samart is offline   Reply With Quote