View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 03:43 PM   #15
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
1 damo gig just blows any other gig out of the water for me

i saw him play in edinburgh's usher hall on tuesday and wow. I've had a lot of sadness to deal with over the past month-or-so and hesitated to go away for the gig as i felt inappropriate about leaving home so soon. The journey was horrible but i'm so, so glad i went
when damo hits the layers and layers of whispers and shouting and music and noise it just turned my bones to jelly and it was as loud as i would play in my headphones so it was all familiar but a whole lot better. The sound hit like a shockwave that wiped out my worries for that time - it was amazing.
The setlist was mostly similar to that of glasgow's king tuts gig and it was refreshing to see around 97% of people were not using phones an camera flashes - just people paying money to see and appreciate.. And that standing ovation.. I've been to gigs where standing ovations are whoops and cheers but damo's one was a whole other beast - genuinely sounded like a massive roar and i will neer forget that.