View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 09:32 AM   #12
cille
creepycute

Oh *fruit*, I'm late - happy birthday Lisa, hope you had a great celebration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElephantMan
When I hear reviews and critics and all slander Damien and say he's just 'another Ryan Adams" (though I like R Adams) etc w/out Lisa and other disparaging comments about Him, it annoys me. He wrote, and more importantly, created this Music with a cello and a female voice that added a new and distict dimension to his music (and most indie music). Lisa is just another Beutifull looking girl with a great voice and all, yet expendable. And he put her on the Irish music map, though perhaps she'd be their anyway. But their are plenty of Lisa's in this world. Though because Lisa was the first and only, if he ever replaced her, which he won't, the replacement would be considered shiitie. But if that person were first and Lisa came along, she would be considered....- That's just how things are. Also- Listen to Volcano from Bell X and Damiens version-or- 9crimes acoustic, then adding a female companion -Lisa-with a Piano . It's not Lisa. It's Damiens creativity to bring Lisa and VVyvienne to his music he created. Oh, and I liked him better WITH Lisa, just bothered listening to people talk smack about DR w/out Lisa. Not anyone on this board, but critics and all. Does anyone feel the same, or am I just pressing these keys in vain? Does anyone know why Damien isn't on Lisa's Myspace page? Are they still friends of any kind?
Not the time and place for that discussion, mate. And I do think Lisa has a unique talent and think she's gonna do some great stuff on her own. And damien is also gonna do some great stuff on his own too of course, it's all good.