View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 10:18 AM   #70
Damohohoh
Eskimo Friend

You guys make me eager to see the videos. I think for him, performances in Dublin are always more personal and intimate than the others. Hometown, plus maybe a heavier burden of memories and nostalgia.

Either way, I thought Whelan's was spectacular. There was a rawness of emotion there, that was a little more than what he usually brings to the stage.

Additionally, I think you shouldn't rule out the fact that Lisa (along with the other members of their band) may join him for some performance (he himself said it could happen, and plus I think things are no longer as dramatic as they appeared to be in the infamous interview).

On a side note, I always wonder what it must be like to be a part of a story, the vague dimensions of which, perhaps strangers can gauge better than one of the main persons involved. In the sense, D&L are on talking terms now, and yet here comes a record which is a lament (not a plead) of sorts, and the audience is all "OMG", and I wonder how does the person to whom it is directed to (presumably) react? Does she understand and assume that it is all a part of creative expression with little to no base in truth, and doesn't let it affect a cordial equation? That seems improbable. How do you continue status quo (of cordial interaction) when records with such songs are being released, wherein all who hear are privy to the context if not the situation?

Sorry for the ramble, but it just popped into my head right now, as I imagined Lisa listening to his album, and I wondered, and regurgitated here.
Damohohoh is offline   Reply With Quote