View Single Post
Old 10-11-2003, 03:22 AM   #13
RedRocket
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mierk
I can't tell the difference either, but at least here inNorth America,SHN has become the standard for trading live recordings, and if you try and trade mp3 sourced shows you'll get slammed. Ironically, I think the ones pushing the SHN/lossless audio stuff the hardest are the ones who treat it more as a collection and may not even actually listen to all the shows they get, because SHN works as a good archival solution. I still trade all my shows in regular audio format, but there is a growing trend among show traders here to save everything in SHN format only, and only occasionally burn the "best" shows in audio format. So at least on this side of the pond,SHN iskinda the basic standard among live music collectors for the forseeable future and it's something you have to deal with.

Huh....that's exactly what I do. I archive all my shows in SHN and only burn the 'excellent' ones. I also prefer to trade in SHN because it is smaller and has error checking, but I am not opposed to MP3s at all. I have many a show in MP3 that is every bit as good as the best SHN shows. The high quality MP3 shows are just very rare as opposed to most of the SHN shows being high quality. My 2 cents...

Brett
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote