View Single Post
Old 10-14-2003, 09:22 AM   #25
framesaver
Eskimo Regular

No need to come across so cocky my friend, you're doing yourself no favours. Anyway, sorry man, but I don't think those WERE the gaps other people were talking about. Anyone with half a brain knows how to eliminate pause gaps in Nero. But's that not the real issue. The reason people use shn instead of even the highest bitrate mp3s isn't to avoid track gaps, it's because of the progressive loss of quality that will happen if people keep making new cds and then more mp3s from them, like somebody said. A downloaded shn file can be compared with it's source file to see if its EXACTLY the same. Essentially just like doing a full DAO copy of a CD, but taking up half the disk space. I have no problem with playing mp3s on my own machine, as I'm sure neither do any of the other folks who use shn to trade, so stop trying to make out that there's a whole 'them & us' scenario here. Shn just comes with a 'guarantee of quality', if you like. Like Irish beef. Well maybe that's not the best comparison. Just so you know where I'm coming from.
framesaver is offline   Reply With Quote