Thread: *Taping*
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2003, 05:01 PM   #7
Scon
Eskimo Regular

I actually don't like how the circulation of the extra 'free' Damien stuff works. I've found it rediculously hard to get hold of the DVD. Management were no help whatsoever, though I evenoffered to pay. I've a feeling I'll have no legitimate way of getting the Union Chapel promo either.
I've found that when other artists release rare promo's etc, though they'll still have limited circulation, if I put in a bit of effort I can usually still get one.
So it's just frustrating more than anything.

As far as taping goes, I know (and I'm sure many of you do) plenty of bands who are only where they're at today because of very open taping policies on their show. I find as long as some ground rules are set down, it works to the advantage of both the fans and the artist.
Not only does it mean messing up taping of bands here, but there's that rediculous thing where we can't post new songs (that may have been aired on radio, and so available to the public) until they're commercially available. Damien and The Frames are both guilty of this.
I can understand their fear, but(once again) from my experience with other bands, hearing a rough live version of a new song only adds to my anticipation for hearing the studio recording on a new album. The majority of people are hardly going to think 'Oh I've heard it now so why buy the album?'. I'm almost tempted to do a proper case study of this and present it to both Damien and The Frames management
Scon is offline   Reply With Quote