View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 04:49 AM   #302
mario_d
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by faninor View Post
Is that how it works? I've never wanted to support a cause, gone looking for a compilation album, bought it, and then discovered it had interesting artists featured on it. I suppose artists could contribute simply for the publicity
Yes, that's exactly how it works.

It's a way to expand your audience because someone who likes Dave Matthews will listen to the album to hear Dave Matthews, and discover a new artist.

Quote:
It seems odd to complain about the unfinished album(s) that he hasn't followed through on in one way or the other, and in the next complain about the respectable number of tracks he's released on compilation records in the meantime?
Who's complaining? All I said was putting tracks on compilation albums isn't a reason to laud him as a great person.

Quote:
Do you like the music he has written/released in the past several years?
What music?

Quote:
Do you want to hear a new album at all
I'll listen to it but I'm not expecting much. He's chased away Tomo who's drumming is what I first loved about this music all the way back in the fall of 2002 when I first listened to it. And while live shows are better without Lisa, albums are not. He hasn't played with a band in over five years so I have no idea who would even play the other instruments on an album or a tour.

Quote:
Music credits are important, because the writers should be paid royalties. I don't know all of the facts. Was there some big dispute that I just never knew about?

Are there any indications that members of BellX1 were upset with how Damien credited his versions?

Could there be some agreement between Damien and BellX1 that we don't know about? If one party or the other had a problem with how it was done, I would expect that either they would not have been released or else there would have been lawsuits to modify the credits and sort things out.
You'll notice that 3 of the 4 were never released by Damien, just registered. (Face, Tongue, and WLaM). There isn't a lot of money at stake bevause Tongue was never sold, hence not worth a lawsuit.
mario_d is offline   Reply With Quote