View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 03:49 PM   #21
mario_d
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwelsh8
Sorry for forgetting Older Chests, lol. I wrote it in my book; I just missed typing it last night at 11:30. I didn't think it warrented the ALL CAPS, but I appreciate the correction.

There were two sets of even smaller drums between Vyv and the small kit that Joel played. Snares, timbales maybe? Shane was on one, Vyv was on the other. And honestly, from where I sat, there was only one guy who came out and played on the Rhodes twice. Really short hair. I may have missed a second, but I don't think so . . .

And Volcano, Damien was on the Rhodes/keyboard, not the piano.
I wasn't yelling at you so much as trying to grab people's attention when they open the thread because I didn't know if you'd be back to edit the first post.

I was sitting fourth row by the stack on Tomo's side, and his kit was blocking my view of the middle-back of the stage. It sounded like a rhodes, but I wasn't sure and couldn't see it, figured I'd sort that out Thursday. Thanks, though, for filling me in. How long have they been putting both pianos on stage? They had both in December, but not at the same time.

I'm pretty sure Tomo did not play Never Leave You, someone else did. There were definitely two tech guys on stage during the night, and the only two they used to tour with were Jonathon (forever) and Jeff (starting in LA and Hiro in November). I don't know who the third is. Also, not sure who the waiter during Cheers was, whether that's a random guy, or the other techie I don't recognize, or what.

Security was ridiculous last night. I had no problem getting gear in, and the taper actually was accidentally in the wrong seat (we were DD, so we sat in the 4th row, not realizing there's no AA in our section) and an usher made him get up and move and never said anything about the battery box and MD in his hands. But they bithced me out mercilessly for talking to Jonathon 5 minutes after the show ended. Literally, dude was yelling at me to leave while we were talking right behind the soundboard, it was retarded.

Last edited by mario_d; 05-22-2007 at 03:52 PM.
mario_d is offline   Reply With Quote