View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 08:03 AM   #1
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

Angry Gotta get this off my chest (Oakland, Ca show).

Current mood: Pissed!

Look, sorry to do this but I just gotta get this off my chest. Last Wednesday (Dec. 6th) I had the great fortune of seeing Damien and the band from the absolute front row of The Paramount Theater in Oakland, Ca. But here's the thing, I'm not gonna complain about the show because I absolutely loved it. What I want to discuss is what happened afterwards while I was meeting Damien face to face.

Now, after waiting for about 45 minutes or so, our group of people were told to get any of our cars out of the parking garage before they closed. But you know, I knew that by the time I got back, everyone else would already be meeting up with the band while I searched drastically for a parking spot. And this is exactly what happened.

After a few minutes of searching, I finally found one and this stupid a$$ security f*ck told me to get out of there because apparently it was his turn to f*ck with me that night. Now I'm a very easy going guy and am cool with everybody, but this guy had something to prove. Anyway, I ended up moving my car and parking elsewhere and finally got a chance to meet Damien. He was soooo cool and really kind and I actually shook his hand twice and wished him Happy Birthday @ 12:08 am. Now, I really wanted to meet with Lisa especially and then the rest of the band but if I didn't meet them all, Damien and Lisa were the top priority. And I know this comes off as being a snob but this is not the case whatsoever and I don't need to write another paragraph explaining myself. Moving on...

I am now finishing shaking hands with Damien and about to start a conversation when that same security dude comes back saying how my front tire is in the "white zone." Man, I seriously wanted to knock him out (I'm a very well-trained boxer so this wouldn't be a problem ). Now I know he had no idea that I travelled from Sacramento and spent everyday for the last month trying to get these spectatular seats. Noooo, someone obviously put sand-paper on his toilet seat and I was the first one he saw. So I guess what my point is these low-life security wannabes better know their place because the last thing I wanted to do was erupt on this idiot and have Damien's first impression of me be a bad one. In the end, I kept my cool and Lisa, if you're reading this, I was the guy who blew you a kiss while you were sitting in the van next to Vyvienne and I was walking back to my van with my sister. You and Vyvienne both responded wonderfully and I only wish we could have met personally.

Back to the security loser, the last thing I wanted to do was be responsible for putting some dead-beat in the hospital but if anyone out there can tell me if they've ever encountered a situation like this and how they dealt with it, I would be very thankful. Oh, and by the way, a certain someone (you know who you are) was supposed to get back to me about an extra ticket for the Saturday night show but ended up flakin' on me. Look pal, next time be honest with people and that way you don't end up ruining your reputation. Peace.

Last edited by Valentino; 12-11-2006 at 02:20 AM.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote