View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 04:31 PM   #29
signalfire
Eskimo Regular

Definitely a fantastic show! I got to bring a friend along, and it was his first time seeing Damien live. It was great to see his excitement over the whole show.

I always skip Long Long Way on the album, but it really was gorgeous live last night. It gave me a new appreciation for the song, so that was the biggest surprise for me. The setlist wasn't shocking, but I still loved every bit of it. Nothing felt like a lull, which was great because there was very little banter. Someone told him to take off his shirt, which led him to say that he wouldn't because it takes a lot to know a man. It was a great segue.

When he introduced Glen during the encore, he said that he had two heroes as a teenager. One was Leonard Cohen, and the other was only a few years older than he was. Cohen couldn't be there, but Glen could. It was a very sweet moment. They were obviously in great spirits, even after the show. They just came out and sang The Auld Triangle to us, with Glen prompting Damien on which verses to sing (obviously he's learned the lyrics since the Warsaw gig!). They were very friendly and patient with everyone, shaking hands, smiling, hugging, listening and engaging.

My camera didn't do well last night due to my seat/being short/all the smoke, but that's okay. Dawno, you got amazing photos, as always! I did snap a few on my cell phone during the song outside.

As always, it was great hanging out with everyone before and after the show. I might've only slept four hours (stupid roommates), but oh, how worth it!
signalfire is offline   Reply With Quote