View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 01:55 AM   #33
Beat Surrender
Eskimo Friend

Hello everyone! Ooooh... this is so crazy for me, this Hozier thing... I'm like a jaded old music fan, who used to see concerts at least 4 of every 7 nights a week back in the day. Now I hardly ever discover new music (or at least new artists), and hardly get to live shows (kids will do that to you ). But dammit if Hozier hasn't made me like a jelly-legged tween with posters of One Direction plastered all over my bedroom!! Not that I have even a single pic of Hozier up in my house, but it's almost like I'm as manic!

I just can't get over the immense talent. I can't believe I feel the way I felt when I really discovered Jeff Buckley. But I discovered my adoration for Buckley after he passed... Hozier is just getting started. Which I'm grateful for!

I do wish I'd seen him early last year (I totally envy whoever above saw him at his mom's art show!!!), when this was all still so new to him and he was a bit awkward and awesome. And OH what I would have given to have been in that Paris audience with that choir - I both giggle with glee and tear up every time I watch that!

No tix for any shows near me - I discovered his music after he'd long sold out this part of his US tour. Woe is me!

But I do have something to cheer myself up, and bring a smile to you as well, especially those of you with kids... recognize the tallest person in this kid-focused video? Even my 6 year old recognized immediately...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hP_WXGvOX4