View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #47
radiohead33
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shillelagh View Post
Or if. He could at the very least tell us what's going on. We have been loyal and respectful fans. I would be more at ease if he would issue a press release and say either I'm working on something and it could be out this year or I don't like what I have recorded and I am just enjoying life right now. Maybe next year (Go Cubs!)
I hear ya. And im here obviously because im a massive fan of damien. ive said before but i view him as one of the best songwriters of our generation.

But i dont think he owes us anything. He doesnt. If he chooses to never release another album ever again, i and everyone else would be gutted, but he doesnt owe us another album.

nor does he owe us updates on projects or albums, or whats going on. He has no obligation, nor does any other artist have any obligation to the audience. I want album 3 as much as you all do, but if he never makes one, or if he doesnt comunicate with us about how the album is progressing thats his perogative

Ive argued before, and people disagreed that I think damien could easily go back to farming ala prior to 0, and just live in Paris or Italy again. At this point that seems like a possibility.

The label, his label on the other hand does. Their existence is to make money off artists.

Seems to me one of two things are going on. Either the label wants to keep things under wraps. Which i could see happening. I think labels want to be the ones to announce stuff like this. Or two, the notice at the end of the poster, was added by someone not in the management, but maybe at the store. Either way, its strange because you'd think they had to submit the poster for approval to damiens management.

I think the first scenario is likely. Labels are protective, and in many ways backward organizations. They arent set up to facillitate these sorts of things. Their main cause is money generation
radiohead33 is offline   Reply With Quote